Are you going to share

Old July 16th 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Default Are you going to share

Peter bought a roast and sliced it and cooked it on the grill. I was having
a slice for dinner tonight. I usally watch tv when I'm eating and Cinnamon
was on the couch next to me.

She was checking out my plate and them reached over and touched my arm. she
never does that. Yes, she did get some small pieces of the meat.

--
Ann
in Connecticut

Old July 16th 08, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Awww. It's so cute when someone else's cat does that!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 16th 08, 01:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

wrote in message
Ann wrote:

Peter bought a roast and sliced it and cooked it on the grill. I was
having
a slice for dinner tonight. I usally watch tv when I'm eating and
Cinnamon
was on the couch next to me.

She was checking out my plate and them reached over and touched my arm.
she
never does that. Yes, she did get some small pieces of the meat.

Awww. It's so cute when someone else's cat does that!

--
Joyce ^..^

We usually eat dinner at 6 every night. I like to eat mine from a tray on
the sofa. At 6 every evening Smudgie trots in from the garden to see what
we are having. She climbs onto the back of the sofa, wanders along to where
I'm sitting and puts her front paws on my shoulders so she can see and smell
what's on the plate. If it's something she thinks might taste good she will
lay behind my head on the sofa and wait til I've finished. If I am taking
too long eating it she comes and sits on the sofa next to me to remind me
she is waiting. I always try to save her a little bit of meat from my
plate. If I eat it all , I give her some ham to say sorry!

Sharon

Old July 16th 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jul 15, 7:58*pm, "Ann" wrote:
Peter bought a roast and sliced it and cooked it on the grill. I was having
a slice for dinner tonight. I usally watch tv when I'm eating and Cinnamon
was on the couch next to me.

She was checking out my plate and them reached over and touched my arm. she
never does that. Yes, she did get some small pieces of the meat.

Ours don't usually like human food much. However, Sunrise likes to
watch us eat and often wants to sniff the food. Frankly, we can't let
her near our plates because she sneezes on them so readily and even
though we love her dearly that isn't appetising. However, the other
night we were eating steaks and she was the only cat awake at the
time. Her favorite human, her "Anti Bev" was over for dinner. The
platter where the stakes had been was on a the table and she isn't
allowed on the table while we are eating. However, she got on the
nearby counter and was _staring_ at the platter, with its juice and
tidbits. Bear, the d*g, might have gotten that but he had steak fat
and bones aplenty. So Anti Bev put the platter on the counter where we
feed the cats.

You can get more detail at rec.pet.cats.community, in the thread "I
gotted stake juce."

--
Will in New Haven

--
Ann
in Connecticut
see my cats athttp://www.flickr.com/photos/ann791/sets/
read Sam's blog athttp://kittens-3.blogspot.com/
*
*
*

Old July 16th 08, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Sharon & Smudgie wrote:

We usually eat dinner at 6 every night. I like to eat mine from a tray on
the sofa. At 6 every evening Smudgie trots in from the garden to see what
we are having. She climbs onto the back of the sofa, wanders along to where
I'm sitting and puts her front paws on my shoulders so she can see and smell
what's on the plate. If it's something she thinks might taste good she will
lay behind my head on the sofa and wait til I've finished.

Wow, Smudgie is very well behaved! Wish Roxy would settle down and wait,
too! It's gotten to the point where I have to shut her in a room while
I have dinner (I know, what a meanie), and let her out when I'm done.
Otherwise, she does exactly what you describe, except she doesn't leave,
and she stands beside my ear sniffing loudly (as in "hint, hint"), and
eventually trying to climb over me to get to the food. Of course, it's
my own fault for feeding her at the table to begin with...

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 17th 08, 01:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

wrote in message
Wow, Smudgie is very well behaved! Wish Roxy would settle down and wait,
too! It's gotten to the point where I have to shut her in a room while
I have dinner (I know, what a meanie), and let her out when I'm done.
Otherwise, she does exactly what you describe, except she doesn't leave,
and she stands beside my ear sniffing loudly (as in "hint, hint"), and
eventually trying to climb over me to get to the food. Of course, it's
my own fault for feeding her at the table to begin with...

--
Joyce ^..^

She's a good girl like that but a "stinkle" at most other things! I got
given a couple of small tins of gourmet cat food that a friend's cat did not
like. Smudgie liked it ..... and is now refusing to eat anything else! She
smacked me in the face this morning as I called up the stairs to my daughter
as I was leaving for work. We have slatted banisters and she loves playing
with them by poking her paws through. She literally flew halfway up the
stairs and stuck her paw and swiped at my face. Not in a nasty way but the
claws still hurt nonetheless! Perhaps she did it as there is no gourmet cat
food left!! That will teach me :-)

Sharon