A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat anecdotes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Disturbing News



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #241  
Old April 27th 09, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 681
Default Hairstyles Disturbing News `


"John F. Eldredge"
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 18:39:49 -0700, Kyla =^..^= wrote:

"John F. Eldredge"
On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:26:20 +0100, Adrian wrote:

Kyla =^..^= wrote:
I have very fine limp shoulder length hair that I usually wear in a
pony tail.
It doesn't curl on it's own. Ever. It takes forever to grow. and I
trim it myself.
You're right about bald being good on the right man but not when you
get that bald spot on top, part your hair real low and comb a few
hairs over the bald spot. Yuck.
DH has beautiful thick shortish curly hair and a moustache and
beard. I'm not fond of beards without a moustache at all.. He trusts
me enough to trim his hair for him. Kyla

A friend of mine used to do the 'comb over' it looked ridiculous. I
don't see so much of him these days as I now live 300 miles away but
when I went down for his 50th birthday in March he had a sensible
short haircut. It actually made him look younger.

My hairline started receding at age 16, and now (at age 51) the top of
my head is completely bald. I have never bothered with a comb-over,
feeling that it never looks convincing. I have also seen too many men
where the comb-over had flopped in the other direction, which really
looks ridiculous.


Good for you. I've seen the 'comb-overs' go really all over the place
in a high wind. LOL.
Ladies, anyone remember the days of the Beehive? Horrid.. Kyla


In the late 1970s, there was a lady whom I used to see on a city bus
every day. She apparently had a collection of wigs, one for each day of
the week, and each a different color. You could tell what day of the
week it was by her hair color. All of them were the beehive shape,
extending upwards seven or eight inches above the top of her head,
varying only in the hair color.

This lady, who was perhaps in her mid-to-late 70's, also wore very pale
makeup except for bright red rouge circles on her cheekbones. The result
was rather clown-like, but she always had a very prim and proper
expression on her face. I don't think she realized how strange she
looked.


LOL, I wonder if she had a French Poodle to match her wigs?

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
http://pgp.mit.edu
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better
than not to think at all." -- Hypatia of Alexandria



  #242  
Old April 29th 09, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 681
Default Hairstyles Disturbing News `

LOL, I'm 'height challenged' myself (5'2") and also wore the bee hives and 3
inch heels. Ahhhhh, the good ol days.
I can wear my hair up like Ma Kettle now
I snipped my bangs the other night and counted 6 colors of gray in that one
tiny 'snip'. I like the colors. I like the hair-dooz of the 1920's and
30's.
Nice hats back in those days too Gotta watch my Ma & Pa Kettle movies
again one of these days.
Kyla

"Granby"
Being short, I liked the bee hives and 3 inch heels.
"Kyla =^..^="
"John F. Eldredge"
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 18:39:49 -0700, Kyla =^..^= wrote:

"John F. Eldredge"
On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:26:20 +0100, Adrian wrote:

Kyla =^..^= wrote:
I have very fine limp shoulder length hair that I usually wear in a
pony tail.
It doesn't curl on it's own. Ever. It takes forever to grow. and I
trim it myself.
You're right about bald being good on the right man but not when you
get that bald spot on top, part your hair real low and comb a few
hairs over the bald spot. Yuck.
DH has beautiful thick shortish curly hair and a moustache and
beard. I'm not fond of beards without a moustache at all.. He trusts
me enough to trim his hair for him. Kyla

A friend of mine used to do the 'comb over' it looked ridiculous. I
don't see so much of him these days as I now live 300 miles away but
when I went down for his 50th birthday in March he had a sensible
short haircut. It actually made him look younger.

My hairline started receding at age 16, and now (at age 51) the top of
my head is completely bald. I have never bothered with a comb-over,
feeling that it never looks convincing. I have also seen too many men
where the comb-over had flopped in the other direction, which really
looks ridiculous.

Good for you. I've seen the 'comb-overs' go really all over the place
in a high wind. LOL.
Ladies, anyone remember the days of the Beehive? Horrid.. Kyla

In the late 1970s, there was a lady whom I used to see on a city bus
every day. She apparently had a collection of wigs, one for each day of
the week, and each a different color. You could tell what day of the
week it was by her hair color. All of them were the beehive shape,
extending upwards seven or eight inches above the top of her head,
varying only in the hair color.

This lady, who was perhaps in her mid-to-late 70's, also wore very pale
makeup except for bright red rouge circles on her cheekbones. The
result
was rather clown-like, but she always had a very prim and proper
expression on her face. I don't think she realized how strange she
looked.


LOL, I wonder if she had a French Poodle to match her wigs?

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
http://pgp.mit.edu
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better
than not to think at all." -- Hypatia of Alexandria







  #243  
Old April 30th 09, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,225
Default Hairstyles Disturbing News `

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

LOL, I'm 'height challenged' myself (5'2") and also wore the bee
hives and 3 inch heels. Ahhhhh, the good ol days.
I can wear my hair up like Ma Kettle now
I snipped my bangs the other night and counted 6 colors of gray in
that one tiny 'snip'. I like the colors. I like the hair-dooz of the
1920's and 30's.
Nice hats back in those days too Gotta watch my Ma & Pa Kettle
movies again one of these days.
Kyla


My favourite 'look' is from the 1940's where it was fashionable to have
*dark* hair and pale skin (which I have) rather than the ubiquitous platinum
blonde and tan you see these days. Since i also have a small mouth and
'rosebud' lips, I am far more suited to 1940s glamour than modern looks.
Then again, I also tend to just schelpp around in shorts & tshirt in summer
or jeans & tshirt in winter, and I really don't have the time or inclination
to be fashionable or glamerous of any era :-)

Yowie

--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.


  #244  
Old April 30th 09, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,742
Default Hairstyles Disturbing News `

I still wear the high heels to meeting. Not because I like them but,
because I still can!
"Yowie" wrote in message
...
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

LOL, I'm 'height challenged' myself (5'2") and also wore the bee
hives and 3 inch heels. Ahhhhh, the good ol days.
I can wear my hair up like Ma Kettle now
I snipped my bangs the other night and counted 6 colors of gray in
that one tiny 'snip'. I like the colors. I like the hair-dooz of the
1920's and 30's.
Nice hats back in those days too Gotta watch my Ma & Pa Kettle
movies again one of these days.
Kyla


My favourite 'look' is from the 1940's where it was fashionable to have
*dark* hair and pale skin (which I have) rather than the ubiquitous
platinum blonde and tan you see these days. Since i also have a small
mouth and 'rosebud' lips, I am far more suited to 1940s glamour than
modern looks. Then again, I also tend to just schelpp around in shorts &
tshirt in summer or jeans & tshirt in winter, and I really don't have the
time or inclination to be fashionable or glamerous of any era :-)

Yowie

--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.



  #245  
Old April 30th 09, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,628
Default Hairstyles Disturbing News `


"Granby" wrote in message
...
I still wear the high heels to meeting. Not because I like them but,
because I still can!


You go girl! I miss high heels more than almost anything.

I love shoes. Or at least I did when there was a point.

Jo
Stuck with Birks and hate them.


  #246  
Old April 30th 09, 02:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12,281
Default Hairstyles Disturbing News `

she does it to be shocking, when women who aren't "of a certain age" see one
of us doing it, we get serious street cred, Lee
"Granby" wrote in message
...
I still wear the high heels to meeting. Not because I like them but,
because I still can!
"Yowie" wrote in message
...
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

LOL, I'm 'height challenged' myself (5'2") and also wore the bee
hives and 3 inch heels. Ahhhhh, the good ol days.
I can wear my hair up like Ma Kettle now
I snipped my bangs the other night and counted 6 colors of gray in
that one tiny 'snip'. I like the colors. I like the hair-dooz of the
1920's and 30's.
Nice hats back in those days too Gotta watch my Ma & Pa Kettle
movies again one of these days.
Kyla


My favourite 'look' is from the 1940's where it was fashionable to have
*dark* hair and pale skin (which I have) rather than the ubiquitous
platinum blonde and tan you see these days. Since i also have a small
mouth and 'rosebud' lips, I am far more suited to 1940s glamour than
modern looks. Then again, I also tend to just schelpp around in shorts &
tshirt in summer or jeans & tshirt in winter, and I really don't have the
time or inclination to be fashionable or glamerous of any era :-)

Yowie

--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.





  #247  
Old April 30th 09, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12,281
Default Hairstyles Disturbing News `

i love shoes, and i am now in a permanent state of flip flop, at least until
i finish my weight journey, i am horrified to say how many shoes i have
given away since beginning my journey, i do have some dressy shoes that i
have had to buy *glares at Gramby* because some people say i can't wear
flip flops to a banquet,* they were white but NNOOO*

Lee
wrote in message
...
On Apr 30, 7:38 am, "Stormmee" wrote:
she does it to be shocking, when women who aren't "of a certain age" see
one
of us doing it, we get serious street cred, Lee"Granby"
wrote in message

...

I still wear the high heels to meeting. Not because I like them but,
because I still can!
"Yowie" wrote in message
...
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

LOL, I'm 'height challenged' myself (5'2") and also wore the bee
hives and 3 inch heels. Ahhhhh, the good ol days.
I can wear my hair up like Ma Kettle now
I snipped my bangs the other night and counted 6 colors of gray in
that one tiny 'snip'. I like the colors. I like the hair-dooz of the
1920's and 30's.
Nice hats back in those days too Gotta watch my Ma & Pa Kettle
movies again one of these days.
Kyla


My favourite 'look' is from the 1940's where it was fashionable to have
*dark* hair and pale skin (which I have) rather than the ubiquitous
platinum blonde and tan you see these days. Since i also have a small
mouth and 'rosebud' lips, I am far more suited to 1940s glamour than
modern looks. Then again, I also tend to just schelpp around in shorts
&
tshirt in summer or jeans & tshirt in winter, and I really don't have
the
time or inclination to be fashionable or glamerous of any era :-)


Yowie


--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

ROFL and a MileHigh salute to both of you stilleto chicks.....


  #248  
Old April 30th 09, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,742
Default Hairstyles Disturbing News `

Oh, if you take time to do the thrift stores you can get some wonderful
things. I got a Channel (?) outfit for 10 bucks that cost 900.00 new. I
thought I was somebody! It may have been worn once, no wrinkles or
anything.
wrote in message
...
On Apr 30, 9:37 am, "Stormmee" wrote:
i love shoes, and i am now in a permanent state of flip flop, at least
until
i finish my weight journey, i am horrified to say how many shoes i have
given away since beginning my journey, i do have some dressy shoes that i
have had to buy *glares at Gramby* because some people say i can't wear
flip flops to a banquet,* they were white but NNOOO*

wrote in message

...
On Apr 30, 7:38 am, "Stormmee" wrote:

she does it to be shocking, when women who aren't "of a certain age" see
one
of us doing it, we get serious street cred, Lee"Granby"
wrote in message


...


I still wear the high heels to meeting. Not because I like them but,
because I still can!
"Yowie" wrote in message
...
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

LOL, I'm 'height challenged' myself (5'2") and also wore the bee
hives and 3 inch heels. Ahhhhh, the good ol days.
I can wear my hair up like Ma Kettle now
I snipped my bangs the other night and counted 6 colors of gray in
that one tiny 'snip'. I like the colors. I like the hair-dooz of the
1920's and 30's.
Nice hats back in those days too Gotta watch my Ma & Pa Kettle
movies again one of these days.
Kyla


My favourite 'look' is from the 1940's where it was fashionable to
have
*dark* hair and pale skin (which I have) rather than the ubiquitous
platinum blonde and tan you see these days. Since i also have a small
mouth and 'rosebud' lips, I am far more suited to 1940s glamour than
modern looks. Then again, I also tend to just schelpp around in
shorts
&
tshirt in summer or jeans & tshirt in winter, and I really don't have
the
time or inclination to be fashionable or glamerous of any era :-)


Yowie


--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how
many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have
bones.


ROFL and a MileHigh salute to both of you stilleto chicks.....


IMHO if you got 'em, flaunt 'em and get your $'s worth out of 'em. You
have tapped
into my secret vice.....handbag junkie (no, not the $3000 Jimmy Choo
designer new
ones! I pick them up for $5 at local thrift shops when their original
owners go to the
Bridge and heir survivors donate such goodies, unaware, to their local
charities..hee
hee hee. Also Steve Madden (yes, he is no longer doing time in Big
House) footwear
on the cheap.


  #249  
Old May 2nd 09, 06:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12,281
Default Hairstyles Disturbing News `

I am not a handbag person mostly because i tend to set it down and forget
it, but shoes is a whole other issue,,, my treat to myself upon reaching my
WW weight goal is a new pair of work shoes, then after i have stayed that
weight for a year i will either edcide to stay that weight and go buy 3
fancy pairs of shoes, or lose again to a new goal weight, rinse and repeat,
Lee
wrote in message
...
On Apr 30, 9:37 am, "Stormmee" wrote:
i love shoes, and i am now in a permanent state of flip flop, at least
until
i finish my weight journey, i am horrified to say how many shoes i have
given away since beginning my journey, i do have some dressy shoes that i
have had to buy *glares at Gramby* because some people say i can't wear
flip flops to a banquet,* they were white but NNOOO*

wrote in message

...
On Apr 30, 7:38 am, "Stormmee" wrote:

she does it to be shocking, when women who aren't "of a certain age" see
one
of us doing it, we get serious street cred, Lee"Granby"
wrote in message


...


I still wear the high heels to meeting. Not because I like them but,
because I still can!
"Yowie" wrote in message
...
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

LOL, I'm 'height challenged' myself (5'2") and also wore the bee
hives and 3 inch heels. Ahhhhh, the good ol days.
I can wear my hair up like Ma Kettle now
I snipped my bangs the other night and counted 6 colors of gray in
that one tiny 'snip'. I like the colors. I like the hair-dooz of the
1920's and 30's.
Nice hats back in those days too Gotta watch my Ma & Pa Kettle
movies again one of these days.
Kyla


My favourite 'look' is from the 1940's where it was fashionable to
have
*dark* hair and pale skin (which I have) rather than the ubiquitous
platinum blonde and tan you see these days. Since i also have a small
mouth and 'rosebud' lips, I am far more suited to 1940s glamour than
modern looks. Then again, I also tend to just schelpp around in
shorts
&
tshirt in summer or jeans & tshirt in winter, and I really don't have
the
time or inclination to be fashionable or glamerous of any era :-)


Yowie


--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how
many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have
bones.


ROFL and a MileHigh salute to both of you stilleto chicks.....


IMHO if you got 'em, flaunt 'em and get your $'s worth out of 'em. You
have tapped
into my secret vice.....handbag junkie (no, not the $3000 Jimmy Choo
designer new
ones! I pick them up for $5 at local thrift shops when their original
owners go to the
Bridge and heir survivors donate such goodies, unaware, to their local
charities..hee
hee hee. Also Steve Madden (yes, he is no longer doing time in Big
House) footwear
on the cheap.


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yoda. This is Disturbing. Sherry Cat anecdotes 15 November 23rd 08 07:03 PM
This is Disturbing (OT) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 15 October 15th 07 02:04 AM
Not OT, But Disturbing. Help me. Sherry Cat anecdotes 36 February 19th 07 12:15 AM
Disturbing Incident. IBen Getiner Cat health & behaviour 47 October 11th 04 06:01 PM
Disturbing Incident MacCandace Cat health & behaviour 5 September 20th 04 01:39 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 CatBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.