I put the snatch on Scooter and he's at the Vet

Old October 15th 09, 02:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default I put the snatch on Scooter and he's at the Vet

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 10:37:35 -0600, MLB wrote:

dgk wrote:
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 19:25:49 -0500, "Kelly Greene"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
Since I was off Monday I took the opportunity to take Marlo to get her
annual checkup and shots. While there I asked the vet what I could do
about Scooter, the outdoor cat I've been feeding. Scooter has been
very busy overpopulating the neighborhood. We discussed the fee and
for $200 I can get him neutered, tested, and vaccinated.

That was very kind of you to do. Isn't there some way you can give them a
chance to work out their differences? Perhaps neutered, his scent will
change and he'll be viewed differently by your cat-in-residence.

Not a huge success. I took Scooter home yesterday and put him in the
Cat Introduction Room. Espy was most unhappy and was hissing at Nipsy
and Marlo and wouldn't eat. I spent some time with Scooter, petting
him and getting rubbed in return. But Espy is very unhappy.

This morning I let Scooter out the front door and fed him there as
I've been doing. He yowled when I wouldn't let him back in. Then I
went off to work.

There are definite problems that will need to be worked out. Espy
never really warmed up to Marlo, and she is just a little x-Girl.
Scooter, being a big just x-Boy is clearly seen as more of a threat.

Have you tried scent transfer? MLB

Not yet. That will come soon, along with the Feliway. But at the
moment Scooter is back outside. Espy still hissed most of yesterday
evening but was more or less back to normal this morning. Scooter came
by last night, along with Pretty Girl and Blue (his girl and son or
daughter) for a feeding. This morning Scooter was there when I left
for work so I gave him breakfast. I'm getting trained pretty well I
think.

I felt bad heading off to work since we're expecting really wet and
windy weather today. If he's around when I get home tonight I think
he's going to send the next day or so in the Cat Introduction Room.
Maybe I'll try a more significant introduction this time. We're
expecting nasty weather right through the weekend. I may just have to
ignore Espy's tantrum; he was sure making some peculiar noises.