Toy Mousies

Old May 27th 12, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Toy Mousies

Persia has a couple of furry little mousies that used to rattle (I have no
idea why they stopped rattling) and they also used to have tails! (heheh)
This past week she's taken a renewed interest in these old mousies. She's
been batting them around, chasing them when I toss them. Getting the
zoomies, even! Whee!

I need to get her some new mousies like these. The problem is I keep
forgetting to put them on my shopping list. The last time I did remember,
the store didn't have them. I can't see buying them online unless I can
find free shipping and possibly an additional $ off promo code. I guess
she'll just have to make due with the old non-rattling mousies for now.

Still, it gladdens my heart to see my lovely old gal dashing around, playing
with toy mousies

Jill

Old May 30th 12, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
nik Simpson

On 5/26/2012 6:47 PM, jmcquown wrote:
Persia has a couple of furry little mousies that used to rattle (I have
no idea why they stopped rattling) and they also used to have tails!
(heheh) This past week she's taken a renewed interest in these old
mousies. She's been batting them around, chasing them when I toss them.
Getting the zoomies, even! Whee!

I need to get her some new mousies like these. The problem is I keep
forgetting to put them on my shopping list. The last time I did
remember, the store didn't have them. I can't see buying them online
unless I can find free shipping and possibly an additional $ off promo
code. I guess she'll just have to make due with the old non-rattling
mousies for now.

Still, it gladdens my heart to see my lovely old gal dashing around,
playing with toy mousies

Emily (just turned 17) still loves her toy mice, I periodically gather
them up and leave them in the living room. From there they move around
the house, typically ending up in my office, where she brings them when
I'm working. I know she's coming with one because she talks all the way
up the stairs, then stalks into the office and drops them at my feet.

--
Nik Simpson
Old June 1st 12, 03:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 5/26/2012 7:47 PM, jmcquown wrote:
Persia has a couple of furry little mousies that used to rattle (I have
no idea why they stopped rattling) and they also used to have tails!
(heheh) This past week she's taken a renewed interest in these old
mousies. She's been batting them around, chasing them when I toss
them. Getting the zoomies, even! Whee!

I need to get her some new mousies like these. The problem is I keep
forgetting to put them on my shopping list. The last time I did
remember, the store didn't have them. I can't see buying them online
unless I can find free shipping and possibly an additional $ off promo
code. I guess she'll just have to make due with the old non-rattling
mousies for now.

Still, it gladdens my heart to see my lovely old gal dashing around,
playing with toy mousies

Jill

Are these the ones that are covered with real (long) rabbit fur? I don't
think they're being made any more....

However, several years ago I found some for sale on eBay - and bought a
box of 60! Sad thing is the package said the dreaded words: "made in
China" (is that actually rabbit fur covering them? Comparing the feel of
these to what I remember rabbit fur felling like, I think it is - and I
get to pet some rabbits fairly frequently )... Oh well. There are
grey, black or white.... and after seeing those words, I decided to wash
them (soaked them all together in the kitchen sink with dish-soap and
water).... glad I did as the water turned almost black from the leaching
of the dye (which I think is a good sign that the dyes used were
lead-free, IIRC from my fabric-dying class from a few years ago,
lead-free dyes run much more than lead-based, which are illegal in the
USofA!) So I did it again.... and again... ad nauseaum... until the
rinse water ran clear. Then I let them dry, but they looked pathetic (I
think it's called the drowned-rat syndrome), so I put them in a lingerie
bag and ran them through the dryer, and they fluffed back up as good as
new. And yes, they have a rattly thing inside them (sometimes the bead
or whatever gets stuck in the small end of the shape, and a few whacks
on something hard knocks it loose).

Anyway, I still have about 30-40 of those left. Even though I have the
number of cats that I do, I only get one out at a time since the dogs
are partial to trying to eat the rabbit fur off of them (the tails are
the first to go). (stoopid d-things, say the cats) I remember seeing
Tennessee playing with one that was completely de-nuded... LOL

If you want, I could sent you a couple. I don't know if I have your
current addy, so email me at nalee1964 @ comcast . net

Weebs says "Hi" to His Preshus Persia, sends hedbutts and nose kissies,
and will happily send some of "his" mousies to his sweetest grey kitty

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old June 5th 12, 01:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message
[...]

The fur wasn't long, but yes, it was rabbit fur.

However, several years ago I found some for sale on eBay - and bought a
box of 60! Sad thing is the package said the dreaded words: "made in
China" (is that actually rabbit fur covering them? Comparing the feel of
these to what I remember rabbit fur felling like, I think it is - and I
get to pet some rabbits fairly frequently )... Oh well. There are
grey, black or white.... and after seeing those words, I decided to wash

(snippage)

Yep, they were rabbit fur. But these were all white fur with little felt
ears (green, pink) and thin strips of leather for tails. I couldn't tell
you where they were made but it was before the brouha with China and pet
food.

If you want, I could sent you a couple. I don't know if I have your
current addy, so email me at nalee1964 @ comcast . net

Thanks! I'd appreciate it but really, she's fine with the ones she has
right now. She doesn't mind they don't rattle any more.

Weebs says "Hi" to His Preshus Persia, sends hedbutts and nose kissies,
and will happily send some of "his" mousies to his sweetest grey kitty

Awwwww! Persia sends nose kisses right back to her sweet Weebs

Jill