Introducing our new family member

Old January 29th 20, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Samuel Redcat

Default Introducing our new family member

Wif all da excitement of da party I forgot that I haf an announcement to
make.

You haf all seen dat buff-colored kitty, Fred. When my hoomins an da
rest of my clowder mates moved to our house in Kansas City, dere was
cats living in the Out. Mine hoomins didn't want them to have too ruff
of a life, so they started feeding dem regularly and built dem insulated
cold weather shelters. Da hoomins started gettting da Out kitties
comfortable wif dem.

One of da Out cats was a handsome buff colored mancat. He was very
nervous and timid, though, and him getted intimidated and chased away
often by other cats. When the alpha cats getted trapped and taken to da
Aminal Shelter (where dey getted adopted), dat left Fred an a couple
other kitties. Fred din't get chased away nearly as often, an him getted
real friendly wif mine hoomins.

Last week mine hoomins taked Fred to da TED and got him
fixed-what-wasn't-broke, den dey 'dopted Fred. Him is now officially
living in Meowmie's sewing room until his is not scared of us all. Mine
hoomins will get some pikchoors when dey can. Meanwhile, everykitty,
meet Freddie Buffcat.

Sam
Old January 29th 20, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ann Olds

On 1/29/2020 1:41 PM, Samuel Redcat wrote:
[...]

Hi Freddie, I'm Lucy Lu.

Old January 30th 20, 03:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Samuel Redcat

Da latest picture of Freddie is available at
https://www.instagram.com/p/B78mE0mA..._web_copy_link

He still isn't letting da hoomins pet him, but he is coming out of
hiding to sit wif dem.

Old January 30th 20, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_3_]

On Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 10:41:36 AM UTC-8, Samuel Redcat wrote:
[...]

HiHi Freddy! Welkum tu ower groop.
Mine name iz P-2-nya. I yam da Grand Pooh Bah ov diz groop.
no, no...yu dunt hav to bow tu me.
Wen yu ar ewddy we kin bonk hedzz.

P2nya AKA Sweetty

Old January 31st 20, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Samuel Redcat wrote:

Da latest picture of Freddie is available at
https://www.instagram.com/p/B78mE0mA..._web_copy_link

He still isn't letting da hoomins pet him, but he is coming out of
hiding to sit wif dem.

Good! Make nice hidy holes (best as you can) in all rooms. This will
make him more comfortable to come out. Pul a sofa a bit from the wall
so he can get behind it and things like that. Nothing dramatic
required.

Best advice from having 'tamed' Daisy-chan (much much older and long
true wild, never a colony cat) is to wait for him to come to you for a
pet. Speak softly and leave the radio/TV's low as you reasonably can
for a bit.
Old January 31st 20, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mahoney,Dan

Good! Make nice hidy holes (best as you can) in all rooms. This will
make him more comfortable to come out. Pul a sofa a bit from the wall
so he can get behind it and things like that. Nothing dramatic
required.

Best advice from having 'tamed' Daisy-chan (much much older and long
true wild, never a colony cat) is to wait for him to come to you for a
pet. Speak softly and leave the radio/TV's low as you reasonably can
for a bit.

Excellent advice, thank you!

He is currently in Nancy's sewing room and has a great private area that
neither of us can get in to - a passage under Nancy's work table about 6
inches wide, with a breadbox-sized empty space up against the wall.

I'm thinking she'll stay in the sewing room for another week or so, then
open the sewing room door and let her speak with the other kitties
through a baby gate.

Old February 1st 20, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Mahoney,Dan wrote:

[...]

Smile, thought Freddie was a he? Either way, I didnt close any doors
with Daisy-chan. I baby-gated but I didn't have other cats (she
clearly never tolerated another in her house for all of her friendly
RPCC interactions. She loved to sleep on dogs though).

Old February 3rd 20, 03:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mahoney,Dan

Smile, thought Freddie was a he? Either way, I didnt close any doors
with Daisy-chan. I baby-gated but I didn't have other cats (she
clearly never tolerated another in her house for all of her friendly
RPCC interactions. She loved to sleep on dogs though).

Oops! yes, Freddie is a he.

We've made great progress. he now comes out for pets when I goo in to
feed him. At this rate I'll have his door open and baby gate in place by
the end of the week.