Splash, the sea bitty...

Old July 10th 07, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Splash, the sea bitty...

wrote in message
ups.com...
2 friends of mine, Gus and Ryan, own and run a charter boat company in
Cardiff. (If any of you have seen Torchwood, they work from the Quay
that is just behind the Torchwood entrance). They had a massive black
and white Maine coon cat called Sinbad, that Gus found as a kitten
that had been dumped in the dock. Sinbad was known to everyone and
used to go out on the boats every day with Gus. He also used to bring
back the stray cats in the marina so that Gus could give them a square
meal. Unfortunately, Sinbad went to RB at the ripe age of 19 in April
2007. The boat has apparently been very quiet.

On Saturday morning, they were coming into the marina when Gus saw a
man throw a wriggling plastic bag off the pier. The bag was meowing.
Gus promptly fished the bag out by jumping into the water and handing
the bag up to Ryan. Inside were 3 bitties about 5 weeks old who were
wet and cold and very distressed. The man disappeared before anyone
could do anything. (

Fortunately Gus's wife is a vet tech. She's patched all the bitties
up, and it appears that the bitties have survived their ordeal. Ryan
is keeping the two tabby girl bitties who have been named Marina and
Ariel, and Gus is keeping the black and white bitty who has been named
"Splash".....

It seems Sinbad is still keeping an eye out for waifs and strays. )

Hiss-spits on the ******* who dumped them however.

Helen M

May the scum who did this rot in the deepest, darkest pits of hell for all
eternity!

And may the wee bitties have wonderful lives in spite of their horrific
experience!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 10th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sheelagh

On 10 Jul, 00:42, wrote:
[...]

What a rotten thing to do!!!
I agree, may he be served dirty kitty litter for dinner for the coming
50 years.

there is simply no excuse for doing that in this day and age @ all.
All he had to do was take them to the cat Protection League, who would
have gladly taken them off his hands..
(especially if they were telepathic & knew what he had in mind for
them!! More the pity that they can't)

I know that years ago, well before my generation, that it was quite
common for people to drown kittens, & think nothing of if either. but
these days, there is no excuse whatsoever. Disgusting as it was, it
was done by many an irresponsible cat owner...

But to do it now, is totally unforgivable!
I hope every cat he passes connects with what he did & chases him with
more than hisses and spits too.
Thanks for sharing that story though, Purrs of comfort for the Kitty's
& thanks to those that saved them. Kama will come to play here with
any luck.
Sheelagh

Wicked, totally wicked! "o"

Old July 10th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

sheelagh wrote:

I know that years ago, well before my generation, that it was quite
common for people to drown kittens, & think nothing of if either. but
these days, there is no excuse whatsoever. Disgusting as it was, it
was done by many an irresponsible cat owner...

But to do it now, is totally unforgivable!
I hope every cat he passes connects with what he did & chases him with
more than hisses and spits too.

Perhaps they might send some larger cousins - say, a couple of pumas -
to "sort things out" with him?

Joyce
Old July 10th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

I know that years ago, well before my generation, that it was quite
common for people to drown kittens, & think nothing of if either. but
these days, there is no excuse whatsoever. Disgusting as it was, it
was done by many an irresponsible cat owner...

It was not well before my generation. I saw my mother doing it, in
the same rubber bucket she used for washing out sanitary towels and
which we kids took to the beach to make sandcastles with. This was
around 1957.

Old July 11th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
sheelagh wrote:

I know that years ago, well before my generation, that it was quite
common for people to drown kittens, & think nothing of if either. but
these days, there is no excuse whatsoever. Disgusting as it was, it
was done by many an irresponsible cat owner...

But to do it now, is totally unforgivable!
I hope every cat he passes connects with what he did & chases him with
more than hisses and spits too.

Perhaps they might send some larger cousins - say, a couple of pumas -
to "sort things out" with him?

I am a believer in what you do comes back eventually. This man will never
have any luck, he has shot his karma permanently, and you don't want to
know what I wish for him.
I don't think I even have to wish it. He will get it back. It might take
years but it will happen and he will suffer. I like to think of that
suffering for such a person who would throw a bag of kittens into the sea.
For the moment, while we wait, may he get itchy skin conditions and
impotence, and that's just for a start.

Tweed

Old July 11th 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

wrote in message

Perhaps they might send some larger cousins - say, a couple of pumas -
to "sort things out" with him?

[snip]
For the moment, while we wait, may he get itchy skin conditions and
impotence, and that's just for a start.

Hahaha - you do know how to put a curse on someone. I like that
better than pumas. Hmm, let's throw in some boils and locusts while
we're at it.

Joyce
Old July 11th 07, 11:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Perhaps they might send some larger cousins - say, a couple of
pumas - to "sort things out" with him?

For the moment, while we wait, may he get itchy skin conditions
and impotence, and that's just for a start.

Hahaha - you do know how to put a curse on someone. I like that
better than pumas. Hmm, let's throw in some boils and locusts while
we're at it.

Like this one aimed at a large part of south-west Scotland...
http://www.rootsweb.com/~sctbew/history/reiver.htm
(Some town in the area has that engraved on a stone - they
were trying to get rid of it a few years ago).

Old July 11th 07, 01:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

I am a believer in what you do comes back eventually. This man will never
have any luck, he has shot his karma permanently, and you don't want to
know what I wish for him.
I don't think I even have to wish it. He will get it back. It might take
years but it will happen and he will suffer
Tweed.

I hope his karma does bite him in the ass. Certainly these bitties
have had some sort of Karma come back 100 fold. They've gone from
being unwanted dumped-in-the-sea foundlings, to being a pampered
prince and princesses. Apparently Gus can't keep Splash out of the
bathroom sink or the shower. He's also fallen behind the sofa and got
stuck, keeps climbing on top of the fish tank to get at the fishies
and eats like a horse. Apparently all he does when he gets in trouble
is yell at the top of his lungs for rescue! Just as well he has a vet
nurse for a new mommy, really. ;o)

Ariel and Marina OTOH, are by all accounts very well behaved little
girl-cats and just follow their brother about. Gus is keeping them all
together until they're old enough to be split up and go to Ryan.
Talking to him last night,. however, my money is on Ryan never getting
his cats and them all staying with Gus. Gus bored us stupid last night
(and if you believe that.... ;o)) for 2 hours about their escapades
in the pub. Can we say "besotted daddy"? ;o)

Helen M