Flavor Rx

Old March 2nd 05, 07:29 AM
L. (usenetlyn)

Default Flavor Rx

I ran across this looking up something for another group - they now
have flavorings to mix with meds, for your pets! This might be an
answer for whomever wanted to flavor water (Catnipped?)...

http://www.flavorx.com/

-L.

Old March 2nd 05, 07:40 AM
L. (usenetlyn)

L. (usenetlyn) wrote:
http://www.flavorx.com/

Following up my own post (I know - my bad!)
Here are the flavors (below). I got a kick out of "Mom's Banana
Bread." They should have a "cantalope" flavor for my Peewee.

-L.

Chopped Liver
Salmon Steak
Whitefish Salad
Shrimp Cocktail
Sardine Splendor
Mother's Milk
Grilled Tuna
Chicken Pot Pie
Red Angus Beef
Fish Chowder
Crispy Bacon
Cheesie Cheddar
Roasted Lamb
Gooey Molasses
Mom's Banana Bread
Scrumptious Peanut Butter

Old March 2nd 05, 02:12 PM
CatNipped

"L. (usenetlyn)" wrote in message
ups.com...
I ran across this looking up something for another group - they now
have flavorings to mix with meds, for your pets! This might be an
answer for whomever wanted to flavor water (Catnipped?)...

http://www.flavorx.com/

-L.

Yes! My Bandit is starting to have kidney problems and I've even considered
buying tons of tuna just to give her the water from the cans, but that's
*SO* expensive. I'll have to give this a try, thanks!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 2nd 05, 05:17 PM
Katz

We have at least one pharmacy here that will do this, either for hoomin
or pet meds.

Katz

Old March 2nd 05, 05:42 PM
jmcquown

Katz wrote:
We have at least one pharmacy here that will do this, either for
hoomin or pet meds.

Katz

Yeah, when I had to give Persia some pills after her bladder surgery I was
terrified of trying to pill her. I asked if it came in liquid form. No,
but the vet told me about a pharmacy where they would crush the pills up in
proper dosage and mix it with liquid flavours like beef or chicken that I
could add to her food. Of course I didn't have the extra money to spend on
that so I quickly figured out how to pill her (with help from the good
people here). But the liquid flavour enhancers sound like a good idea.

Jill

Old March 2nd 05, 08:18 PM
Victor Martinez

jmcquown wrote:
people here). But the liquid flavour enhancers sound like a good idea.

Here in Austin there is a pharmacy that specializes in pet medications.
They will formulate it specially for you with the active ingredients
prescribed by your vet, but in a vehicle your pet will accept.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 2nd 05, 10:44 PM
Katrina

On 2005-03-02 12:18:38 -0800, Victor Martinez said:

jmcquown wrote:
people here). But the liquid flavour enhancers sound like a good idea.

Here in Austin there is a pharmacy that specializes in pet medications.
They will formulate it specially for you with the active ingredients
prescribed by your vet, but in a vehicle your pet will accept.

When Ming came from the shelter he had an active case of ringworm.
Because it was all over his face (around his eyes and in his ears and
nose), the vet didn't think we could treat it topically, so Ming got a
6 week course of tuna-flavored ringworm medicine. For a short course
of antibiotics, it's probably not worth it, but 6-12 weeks is what they
first thought to clear up the ringworm, and trying to force bubble-gum
or cherry flavored liquid into a cat twice a day for that length of
time was not something I was looking forward to- the twice a week baths
were bad enough. He took the tuna flavored stuff quite well.

Katrina

Old March 3rd 05, 01:05 AM
Cheryl

On Wed 02 Mar 2005 02:29:31a, L. (usenetlyn) wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
oups.com):

I ran across this looking up something for another group - they
now have flavorings to mix with meds, for your pets! This
might be an answer for whomever wanted to flavor water
(Catnipped?)...

http://www.flavorx.com/

-L.

Thanks, Lyn. I wrote to them asking for the ingredient and nutrient
list. From their "locate us" page, my vet sells it, or uses it to
compound meds, but I also asked if their product is available to
consumers, or just vets and pharmacists.

--
Cheryl
Old March 3rd 05, 01:09 AM
Cheryl

On Wed 02 Mar 2005 02:40:09a, L. (usenetlyn) wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes (news:1109749209.228291.25770
@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com):

Following up my own post (I know - my bad!)
Here are the flavors (below). I got a kick out of "Mom's Banana
Bread." They should have a "cantalope" flavor for my Peewee.

Cantalope. heehee! I just got in the mail a backordered item that I
ordered a while ago for Scarlett; Tabby Tabs Liquid vitamins. She
took so long to "thrive" and was so picky about food I thought she
would do better with a supplement that has taurine in it. I thought
it smelled funny - not medicinal funny, but sort of like the malted
scent of hairball remedies and thought she wouldn't eat food if that
was in it. But, she actually likes it and the Tabby Tabs make sort of
a gravy.

--
Cheryl
Old March 3rd 05, 07:54 AM
L. (usenetlyn)

Cheryl wrote:
[...]

Well, that's a plus! I probably need to look for those for Peewus -
he's getting a bit scroungy in his old age.

-L.