Flat Cat Syndrome

Old August 29th 04, 03:03 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:23:10 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
yodeled:

Melissa Houle wrote:

We've had a heat wave where I live this week with temperatures spiking into
the high 90's. My apartment is less than perfectly ventilated (read hot),
and none of us have much energy, even with fans going full blast.
Consequently, we've had an outbreak of Flat Cat Syndrome. That is to say,
all three cats were sprawled across my bed at full length, motionless and
fast asleep. I would have much preferred to join them than to go to work.
But then again, my place of work is air conditioned. =o) When I came home,
Pan was stretched out on the diningroom table, taking advantage of the air
from the ceiling fan overhead. WHen the temps go over 100, that's when I
find cats stretched out on the bathroom linoleum behind the toilet.

Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon during the dog days of August?

Well, my apartment is quite efficiently air-conditioned, but when they
had to take it in for repair during our heat-wave a couple of weeks ago,
I noticed Melisande sleeping mostly in the bathroom wash-basin. (Had to
chase her out - with difficulty - every time I wanted to brush my
teeth!) And in hot weather, she is much more likely to sprawl on her

That's the catmometer.

Theresa
Old August 29th 04, 04:08 PM
Marina

"Kreisleriana" wrote

That's the catmometer.

LOL! You've probably seen this (scroll down to the fifth print):

http://muttscomics.com/shtuff/prints.asp

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old August 29th 04, 04:48 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 18:08:42 +0300, "Marina"
yodeled:

"Kreisleriana" wrote

That's the catmometer.

LOL! You've probably seen this (scroll down to the fifth print):

http://muttscomics.com/shtuff/prints.asp

I love them. I'm especially glad in the summer when they go on
vacation and see Crabby.

Theresa

Old August 29th 04, 09:46 PM
Melissa Houle

Marina wrote in message

"Kreisleriana" wrote

That's the catmometer.

LOL! You've probably seen this (scroll down to the fifth print):

http://muttscomics.com/shtuff/prints.asp

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

God yes, How perfect!! G We're definitely at the 90 degree stage. Even
Nina.

Melissa

Old August 29th 04, 09:51 PM
Melissa Houle

SNip

Fortunately, I have central air (living in East Texas, that ranks right up
there with food in my list of priorities). However, the air conditioning
system in an apartment I lived in years ago broke and couldn't be repaired
for several days while parts were on order -- during the hottest days of

the
summer, of course. I bought a large box fan to "tide us over" and would
carry it from room to room as I moved from one area or the other to work

or
sleep. The cat I had at that time caught on very quickly. As soon as I
picked up the fan to walk to another room, he would amble in behind me and
then stretch out directly in front of the new placement for the fan --

even
before it was plugged in!

MaryL

I live in the SF Bay Area, and the climate here will ruin you for living
almost anywhere else in the world. MOST of the time, I can live quite
comfortably without Air Conditioning. Most of our heat waves only last
three days or so, and then it calms down when the fog rolls in. If I were
living in East Texas, or back on the East Coast or wherever the weather
doesn't cool off at night, I'd definitely want AC.

MElissa