The things you come across on Usenet (cats)

Old July 7th 07, 01:36 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Baldoni

Default The things you come across on Usenet (cats)

I would never let any of my cats wear a collar.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/

Saying that the people in the UK are watched and spied upon by Govt
agencies, who knows what is next. Camera's in trees !

--
Count Baldoni

Old July 7th 07, 01:58 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 7 Jul, 13:36, Baldoni wrote:
I would never let any of my cats wear a collar.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/

Saying that the people in the UK are watched and spied upon by Govt
agencies, who knows what is next. Camera's in trees !

--
Count Baldoni

Yeah, Right!!
Yes, I live in the Uk, & I have never heard such tripe in my entire
life!

Not in a million lifetimes would I agree with that or comply with it
either.
Less that 9 months ago, I had to trap a feral kitty who had a collar
that was so small that it was covered by skin where it was growing
over the collar...

It was postulated, had a dreadful abscess that required draining &
treating with antibiotics for a several weeks. Perhaps I should send
them the vets report that described the incident as sheer luck that
the animal didn't asphyxiate?

I understand the reasons behind the proposal, but it just is not
practical..

Vent over!!

Sheelagh

Old July 7th 07, 05:38 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ivor Jones

"Baldoni @googlemail.com" baldoniXXVnil wrote in
message
I would never let any of my cats wear a collar.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/

Saying that the people in the UK are watched and spied
upon by Govt agencies, who knows what is next. Camera's
in trees !

What a load of crap. Cats are wild animals, here in the UK they have the
right to roam where they please, long may it remain so.

As to being spied on, that's more true than anywhere else. There are more
CCTV cameras per head of population in the UK than anywhere else in the
world.

George Orwell had it almost right, he just got the year wrong.

Ivor

Old July 7th 07, 05:46 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Professor

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Baldoni @googlemail.com" baldoniXXVnil wrote in
message
I would never let any of my cats wear a collar.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/

Saying that the people in the UK are watched and spied
upon by Govt agencies, who knows what is next. Camera's
in trees !

What a load of crap. Cats are wild animals, here in the UK they have the
right to roam where they please, long may it remain so.

You never let us forget that you like having cats run over by cars.
In British-ese they refer to guys like you as a bit "thick", right?

Old July 7th 07, 05:59 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ted Davis

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 13:36:54 +0100, Baldoni
wrote:

I would never let any of my cats wear a collar.

That used to be my position ... until I got three that I can't tell
apart, and apart form a fourth, at any distance without color-coded
collars. I use 1/2 inch elastic with the ends stapled together and
colored with permanent markers. The two that are most similar lose
them frequently, so something cheap is necessary.

--
T.E.D. ) Remove "gearbox.maem" to get real address - that one is dead
Old July 7th 07, 07:14 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Baldoni

Professor explained on 07/07/2007 :
"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Baldoni @googlemail.com" baldoniXXVnil wrote in
message
I would never let any of my cats wear a collar.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/

Saying that the people in the UK are watched and spied
upon by Govt agencies, who knows what is next. Camera's
in trees !

What a load of crap. Cats are wild animals, here in the UK they have the
right to roam where they please, long may it remain so.

You never let us forget that you like having cats run over by cars.
In British-ese they refer to guys like you as a bit "thick", right?

Nobody likes having there cats run over by cars. The same as nobody
likes having their dogs run over by cars. In some parts of the UK it
is quite normal for sheep to roam along the side of the road and cross
it.

I picked a cat up last year that had been run over and the owner was in
a lot of distress. I did not check to see if he had been castrated but
that is a big help to stop them roaming.

It is something that can be argued about all week but when cats decided
they were going to hang out with humans I doubt they were hoping to be
incarcerated. A lot of people would argue that it is cruel to keep
them indoors all the time.

--
Count Baldoni

Old July 7th 07, 07:33 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Little Hawk

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

[...]

getting your pet fixed will stop the roaming. missy is fixed, she's
happy just laying by the open patio door. missy will venture out from
time to time but shes never very far from home.

to argue about letting a cat out or not, lock yourself up in your house
for a week and watch the world go by through a window.
Old July 7th 07, 09:18 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ivor Jones

"Professor" wrote in message
"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Baldoni @googlemail.com" baldoniXXVnil wrote in
message
I would never let any of my cats wear a collar.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/

Saying that the people in the UK are watched and spied
upon by Govt agencies, who knows what is next. Camera's in trees !

What a load of crap. Cats are wild animals, here in the
UK they have the right to roam where they please, long
may it remain so.

You never let us forget that you like having cats run
over by cars. In British-ese they refer to guys like you
as a bit "thick", right?

Who said I like cats run over by cars..? I've had cats all my life (I'm
52) and none of them have ever been run over, hit or otherwise injured as
a result of being outdoors. It all depends where you live.

What I *don't* like is keeping a naturally outdoor animal a prisoner. But
we've had this "discussion" before.

Ivor

Old July 7th 07, 11:27 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

"Baldoni @googlemail.com" baldoniXXVnil wrote in message
I would never let any of my cats wear a collar.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/

Saying that the people in the UK are watched and spied upon by Govt
agencies, who knows what is next. Camera's in trees !

--
Count Baldoni

Any country that has nothing better to do than catch cats to make sure they
have collars with one or more regulation bells on them deserves to die a
natural death and be taken over by some country whose management has better
things to do....GB is no exception.........

Old July 7th 07, 11:32 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

"sheelagh" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 7 Jul, 13:36, Baldoni wrote:
[...]

It is the responsibility, not the right, of good men to break bad laws. -
Spencer Tracy in "Judgment at Nuremberg"

It is hard for me to think of a law that would be better broken than a
cat collar law, or a cat leash law. People who love unenforceable laws, and
tax laws are called, "Liberals".