Family Knows Best - OT RANT

Old November 25th 04, 07:30 PM
Enfilade

I would not consider 150 lbs "fat" - unless you're 3 feet tall, maybe.

I'm 5'5". I don't feel fat. She tells me I'm fat. Whatever. My
clothes fit; Dylan thinks I'm hot; that's all I care.

I think you've done really well to be able to separate yourself from
her to this degree. Even just the awareness that her problems aren't
your problems can go a long way.

Well, I'm in a rational mood now. I'm a little less calm when she
provokes me. Like when she changed my eulogy to my grandmother to
suit herself, knowing I wouldn't find out until after the funeral,
since I couldn't attend it. Cripes, I was ready to /kill/ for days
afterwards.

Thanks Tweed *Snugs*

--Fil
Old November 25th 04, 11:03 PM

Bob M wrote:

There is a great movie called "Home for the Holidays" that touches on
this. Holly Hunter has the leading role and as an adult she goes home to
her parents house for Thanksgiving.

You know, I've never seen that movie. And I love Holly Hunter. I should
definitely put that on my Netflix* queue.

Joyce

*Netflix is an online DVD rental service.
Old November 25th 04, 11:09 PM

Enfilade wrote:

Well, I'm in a rational mood now. I'm a little less calm when she
provokes me.

Aren't we all?

Like when she changed my eulogy to my grandmother to
suit herself, knowing I wouldn't find out until after the funeral,
since I couldn't attend it. Cripes, I was ready to /kill/ for days
afterwards.

A tad controlling, is she? Aaargh, I'd be ready to write *her* a eulogy
for that one!

Joyce