[OT] Still no answers

Old July 27th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

Default [OT] Still no answers

I just got back from the doctors and I still don't have any definitive
answers.

The good news... the cyst on the kidney they were talking about was one we
already knew about, on the *left* kidney, not the right. The stones have
moved from the kidney to the bladder and there was some swelling in the tube
going up to the right kidney, so they may be stuck a bit, but not enough to
warrant a lithotripsy. There didn't appear to be any swelling of the right
kidney itself (what *was* that mass I kept seeing on the monitors????!!).

The bad news... my diagnostician thinks it could be one of several things, a
bile duct obstruction (still possible even though I've had my gallbladder
removed), ulcers (quite possible since I just had them pretty badly 2 years
ago - he's doing some lab work to test for that), or something wrong that
the surgeon is just not fessing up to. The only alternatives left is more
expensive and intrusive testing (a colonoscopy, a "nuclear" MRI, and an
endoscopy) - or just living with the pain until it gets too unbearable.
Right now I'm choosing living with the pain - what the heck, I'm already
living with the pain of fibromyalgia and degenerative disk disease, what's
one more pain on top of that.

Sheesh!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 27th 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

((((((((((((CatNipped)))))))))))

Old July 27th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

While you still have medical insurance get it all done, however unpleasant.
It will be far more unpleasant if it needs to be done anyway in a few months
and you are out of insurance, surely?

Tweed

Old July 27th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{{{Lori}}}}}}}}}}}}
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old July 28th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Catnipped }}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Wish there were something more we could do to help.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old July 28th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie Cook

CatNipped wrote:

I just got back from the doctors and I still don't have any definitive
answers.

Purrs and gentle headbutts on the way to you Lori from five southern
furries.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old July 29th 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:48:54 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

[...]

Sorry it's so hard for you to figure out what's going on, Catnipped.
Don't you just love the medical profession?

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old July 29th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

CatNipped wrote:

[...]

Lots and lots of health purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek