Sarsi's BCT

Old June 4th 13, 10:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Sarsi's BCT

Got up this morning and fed the cats...well a cat actually as Bonnie
was eagerly waiting for her breakfast but no sign of Sarsi. Went into
the bedroom and there was Sarsi curled up on a box by the window. So
I said "Sarsi, breakfast!" Not a twitch. Dave said "That's odd" and
tapped the base of the box she was lying on, nothing. So he blew air
on her ear that usually gets a twitch. Still nothing.

By this point we're both starting to get worried, she is not moving at
all. Cautiously Dave reached out and touches her.

One eye flicked open and she gave him a squawk that plainly said
"Leave it out! I'm trying to get some sleep here!"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old June 4th 13, 01:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/4/2013 5:18 AM, Lesley wrote:
Got up this morning and fed the cats...well a cat actually as Bonnie
was eagerly waiting for her breakfast but no sign of Sarsi. Went into
the bedroom and there was Sarsi curled up on a box by the window. So
I said "Sarsi, breakfast!" Not a twitch. Dave said "That's odd" and
tapped the base of the box she was lying on, nothing. So he blew air
on her ear that usually gets a twitch. Still nothing.

By this point we're both starting to get worried, she is not moving at
all. Cautiously Dave reached out and touches her.

One eye flicked open and she gave him a squawk that plainly said
"Leave it out! I'm trying to get some sleep here!"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Arrrrh! BCT indeed!

Jill
Old June 4th 13, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:
On 6/4/2013 5:18 AM, Lesley wrote:
Got up this morning and fed the cats...well a cat actually as Bonnie
was eagerly waiting for her breakfast but no sign of Sarsi. Went into
the bedroom and there was Sarsi curled up on a box by the window. So
I said "Sarsi, breakfast!" Not a twitch. Dave said "That's odd" and
tapped the base of the box she was lying on, nothing. So he blew air
on her ear that usually gets a twitch. Still nothing.

By this point we're both starting to get worried, she is not moving at
all. Cautiously Dave reached out and touches her.

One eye flicked open and she gave him a squawk that plainly said
"Leave it out! I'm trying to get some sleep here!"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Arrrrh! BCT indeed!

Jill

I think the term "catalepsy" was inspired by the way cats sleep. I'm
sure we've all shared similar experiences: the cat lying in one of
those "dead critter in the middle of the road" poses, no visible
movement of rib-cage or abdomen to indicate breathing.... you
practically have to step on its tail to evoke any voluntary movement!
(As Melisande grows older, she has taken to snoring, for which I am
grateful - not only does it indicate where she is, but it reassures me
that she IS still breathing.)
Old June 4th 13, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

We should be used to it when Sarsi was only a few months old, Dave found her stretched out on her back, completely still and he couldn't see if she was breathing . He tried calling her and she didn't respond so he picked her up and she was completely limp so he was just panicking and wondering how you give the kiss of life to a kitten when one paw twitched and she opened her eyes for a second and told him to "f**k off"

Old June 5th 13, 04:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Tue, 4 Jun 2013 02:18:34 -0700 (PDT), Lesley
wrote:
One eye flicked open and she gave him a squawk that plainly said
"Leave it out! I'm trying to get some sleep here!"

I hate it when they "die"! Dot's been doing that on and off as she's gotten
older and more fond of her deep naps.
Old June 5th 13, 08:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:
One eye flicked open and she gave him a squawk that plainly said
"Leave it out! I'm trying to get some sleep here!"

I hate it when they "die"! Dot's been doing that on and off as she's gotten
older and more fond of her deep naps.

Smudge did it once when she was a kitten. I woke up in the middle of the
night and discovered that she was completely underneath me. That was
alarming enough, but then I couldn't rouse her. I said her name several
times. I shook her. I picked her up. No movement. I started to panic and
woke up my partner - "I slept on top of Smudge and now I can't wake her
up!" So there were the two of us freaking out, when she got up and stood
there looking dazed and wobbly, her eyes blinking, like "Wha-??" Like the
"Dude. Wait, what?" kitty.

--
Joyce

May the great galactic kitten always purr you to sleep.

St Sarsi Lesley[_4_] Cat anecdotes 3 July 30th 11 04:24 PM
Sarsi cracks me up Lesley Cat anecdotes 2 March 17th 08 07:35 PM
Sarsi wins again Lesley Cat anecdotes 6 February 25th 08 07:30 AM
Sarsi's war report Lesley Cat anecdotes 7 November 26th 07 02:23 AM
Sarsi's new hobby Lesley Cat anecdotes 1 June 4th 07 04:29 AM