Persia & the Water Glass

Old May 15th 13, 03:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Persia & the Water Glass

I drink a lot of ice water. Lately when I pick up the glass (it's
actually an insulated plastic cup) Persia is right there, reaching for
the glass in my hand. She can't fit her head into the glass (laugh) so
I dip my finger in the cold water and she licks it.

I nearly always have a glass of ice water on the bedside table in case I
get thirsty during the night. Last night I woke up feeling a bit
parched. Persia immediately stood up and started pawing at the glass.
I had to give her a couple of drops to lick off my finger before she'd
let me settle down to get back to sleep.

I used to occasionally add an ice cube or two to her water dish. I'll
have to start doing that again. I think she likes her water to be nice
and cold.

Jill
Old May 15th 13, 05:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kraut / Larry Stark

On Wed, 15 May 2013 10:27:31 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

I drink a lot of ice water. Lately when I pick up the glass (it's
actually an insulated plastic cup) Persia is right there, reaching for
the glass in my hand. She can't fit her head into the glass (laugh) so
I dip my finger in the cold water and she licks it.

I nearly always have a glass of ice water on the bedside table in case I
get thirsty during the night. Last night I woke up feeling a bit
parched. Persia immediately stood up and started pawing at the glass.
I had to give her a couple of drops to lick off my finger before she'd
let me settle down to get back to sleep.

I used to occasionally add an ice cube or two to her water dish. I'll
have to start doing that again. I think she likes her water to be nice
and cold.

Jill

Mine will dip their paw into the glass then lick their paw dry if they
can not get their head into it.

Old May 15th 13, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:

[...]

Roxy would shove her head into any glass of water I happened to have with
me, if I were to allow her to. Which is why: (1) I use only plastic cups,
and (2) I never leave the cup unattended.

I rarely wake up needing to drink water. If anything, I wake up needing
to get rid of water. If I did, though, I'd have a water *bottle* by
the bed, either plastic or one of those non-reactive metal ones. Last
thing I need to step in when I wake up is broken glass. :-O

--
Joyce

I prefer to live with Feline Sapiens, thank you very much.
Old May 15th 13, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/15/2013 6:19 PM, Bastette wrote:
I nearly always have a glass of ice water on the bedside table in case I
get thirsty during the night. Last night I woke up feeling a bit
parched. Persia immediately stood up and started pawing at the glass.
I had to give her a couple of drops to lick off my finger before she'd
let me settle down to get back to sleep.

Jill

Roxy would shove her head into any glass of water I happened to have with
me, if I were to allow her to. Which is why: (1) I use only plastic cups,
and (2) I never leave the cup unattended.

I rarely wake up needing to drink water. If anything, I wake up needing
to get rid of water. If I did, though, I'd have a water *bottle* by
the bed, either plastic or one of those non-reactive metal ones. Last
thing I need to step in when I wake up is broken glass. :-O

I did say the "drinking glass" I use is plastic.

Jill

Old May 18th 13, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Funny because a cat I had years and years ago loved to drink water out
of coffee mugs. I always kept a full mug of water on the floor for him
and he never once knocked it over. Cats that came later cured me of
trying to get them to drink out of coffee mugs. What a mess.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old May 18th 13, 01:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kraut / Larry Stark

wrote:

[...]

I keep a small bowl on the night stand for cats in place of the glass
that used to be for me (I keep a water bottle there for me now).
Old May 18th 13, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
I drink a lot of ice water. Lately when I pick up the glass (it's
actually an insulated plastic cup) Persia is right there, reaching for
the glass in my hand. She can't fit her head into the glass (laugh) so
I dip my finger in the cold water and she licks it.

I nearly always have a glass of ice water on the bedside table in case I
get thirsty during the night. Last night I woke up feeling a bit
parched. Persia immediately stood up and started pawing at the glass.
I had to give her a couple of drops to lick off my finger before she'd
let me settle down to get back to sleep.

I used to occasionally add an ice cube or two to her water dish. I'll
have to start doing that again. I think she likes her water to be nice
and cold.

Jill

I keep a mug of water by my bed in case I need a drink during the night.
Sophie (RB) used to love to drink out of mugs and I'd often wake up to
hear the lapping sound of Sophie drinking my water. I never drank the
water that I left in a mug by my bed again. It was there for Sophie. I
have a breakfast cup, you know one of the big ones, with cats on it and
Sophie was particularly drawn to drink anything that was in there. It
became her drinking cup. Sootie uses it now, she also prefers it to a
dish.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

I have an adult sippy cup by my bed. I think they're called travel mugs.

Joy

Old May 18th 13, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

LOL When John was visiting I spilled a glass of wine. I said "I need a
sippy cup!" He said, a glass sippy cup? Turns out they make them.
No, I won't be buying a glass sippy cup.

Jill
Old May 18th 13, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Mine isn't glass.

Joy

Old May 19th 13, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

On 5/18/2013 1:37 PM, Joy wrote:

I have an adult sippy cup by my bed. I think they're called travel mugs.

LOL When John was visiting I spilled a glass of wine. I said "I need a
sippy cup!" He said, a glass sippy cup? Turns out they make them.
No, I won't be buying a glass sippy cup.

They should call it the "tipsy cup." For those glasses of wine that seem
to tip over after you have a few.

--
Joyce

A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going
somewhere. -- Groucho Marx