OT A Dog's Life

Old February 23rd 05, 11:44 PM
hobbs

I dont normally interfere, and I have left my dog tied up to go into shops,
and petted dogs wating for their owners, but this dog was definately
uncomfortable with his legs, and kept trying to sit while I petted and
talked
to him and couldn't, also the rotten bloke wasn't doing a bit of needed
shopping, but sitting in comfort in a nice cool pub drinking cold beer
with his cronies, while the dog suffered outside in the boiling sun,no water
no mat for his weary bones, I couldn't help myself, I had to interfere.
I still often think about that poor dog even though he's probably dead by
now as he wasn't a young dog, and its about 8 yrs ago now,I'm sure your
mother was surprised but she wasn't being cruel,also one dog i saw tied up
near coogee beach had been lost I enquired at the chemist after I had again
shopped,she said it had been there so long so I gave her my address and took
the dog home, fed and watered it {i had a dog of my own} and then found
a disc with its phone no; on I rang it and a child answered I told him I had
his dog, he was so exci, ted and yelled out ' mam they've found thedog'
can't
remember his name {the dog,} but 'mam' came and collected him and brought me
a bottle of champagne, I was just glad he got home, but why didn't the
chemist staff check him and ring his family. Jean.P.

HRFLTiger wrote in message
oups.com...
"I crossed to the table and asked
who the owner of the dog was, they asked why so I told them one of them
said
he wasn't there at the moment, but it was none of my buisness. So I
said
no?well I'm making it my Buisness and I'll be reporting it, the dog
hasn't
even got a blanket to sit on and its been in that hot sun or at least
an
hour"

My Grandmother takes my dog Bonnie shopping with her. Bonnie wears
normal engraved ID tags and a tag that says she is microchipped, as
well as Cardiff City Council "Home again" registration tags. There is
NO WAY she doesn't look like she belongs to someone who cares. Gran
often ties her up outside the store when she shops, and Bonnie plays it
for all she is worth, generally looking lost, abandoned and pathetic,
as she has worked out that this is the quickest way to get the most
pets and scritches.

One day, a call came over the store intercom asking for the owner of
"Bonnie" to report to the customer service desk. Apparently another
customer had become concerned over the fact that Bonnie looked "Lost,
abandoned and pathetic" outside the store. (bearing in mind she has 3
types of ID tags so definitely belonged to someone).

As I pointed out to my Gran, who was upset at being accused of dog
abadonment, better the other customer reported Bonnie to the store so
that the store could address the issue of an possibly abandoned dog,
than just ignore her and leave her to potentially heavens knows what.
Whilst I was a little suprised that the customer reported Bonnie, it at
least showed she cared.

Sometimes, you DO have to interfere.

Just my 0.02c

Helen m

Old February 24th 05, 02:23 AM
PatM

Last summer my girlfriend and I went to a big bi-annual garage sale the
university here holds in underground parking. We parked by a car
noticing that it had a dog in it. When we came back we saw the dog was
still there and it was MUCH hotter out. We couldn't wait and there
was no public announcement system so we got tarps and blankets out of
her van and made this elaborate tent over the car (it was locked, darn
it) and left a "note". I wished I could have been there when they
returned. PatM