Polly up-date

Old August 21st 03, 10:58 PM
m. L. Briggs

Default Polly up-date

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 22:46:13 +0100, "Shirley"
wrote:

Polly went to visit TED again yesterday because she still wasn't
eating, drinking or moving around at all, she got another shot of
anti-nausea medication and a shot of analgesic to make her more
comfortable. Her temperature was back to normal from the 104 it had
been the day before.

The anti-nausea worked because overnight she ate the wet food in her
bowl and in Smudges bowl :-) Today she has been a bit more active and
has been eating little and often so it seems we're going in the right
direction, now I just need her to regain her taste for the anti-biotic
pills and I won't have to crush them in water and squirt them in her
mouth (she used to eat them as if they were treats).

She thanks you all for the purrs they were very comforting when she
was trying to get to sleep and her tummy was hurting.

They say"a word to the wise is sufficient:" so I'll just say this:
don't leave wet food out over night. Treat their food as you would
your own! MLB
Old August 21st 03, 11:18 PM
Shirley

wrote:

[...]

Pardon !
--
Shirley
see my cats at

Old August 22nd 03, 02:23 AM
Steve Touchstone

wrote:

Polly went to visit TED again yesterday because she still wasn't
eating, drinking or moving around at all, she got another shot of
anti-nausea medication and a shot of analgesic to make her more
comfortable. Her temperature was back to normal from the 104 it had
been the day before.

The anti-nausea worked because overnight she ate the wet food in her
bowl and in Smudges bowl :-) Today she has been a bit more active and
has been eating little and often so it seems we're going in the right
direction, now I just need her to regain her taste for the anti-biotic
pills and I won't have to crush them in water and squirt them in her
mouth (she used to eat them as if they were treats).

She thanks you all for the purrs they were very comforting when she
was trying to get to sleep and her tummy was hurting.

So glad that Polly is feeling better. Continuing purrs that she does
well, and will get a clean bill of health once the course of
antibiotics is complete
Old August 23rd 03, 11:56 AM
Lisa Katt

It is always nice to read good news.
Purrs for Polly to get normal again. Hurting tummy is no good!
Elisabet and Hugo Katt

Old August 23rd 03, 03:21 PM
Jeanne Hedge

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 12:56:46 +0200, "Lisa Katt"
wrote:

It is always nice to read good news.
Purrs for Polly to get normal again. Hurting tummy is no good!
Elisabet and Hugo Katt

Natasha is still purring too!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com

CompuServe Anime/Manga Forum via Your Browser
- IT'S FREE! -
*** http://go.compuserve.com/anime ***
Old August 25th 03, 05:20 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "Karen Chuplis"
wrote:

Poor Polly. I"m glad she is getting better but I hope she does not have to go

back to TED's.

Karen

Purrs for Polly, I hope her appitite continues improving.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.
Old August 26th 03, 11:51 PM
Shirley

"SUQKRT" wrote in message
Purrs for Polly, I hope her appitite continues improving.
Suz

I was going to report that she had made a complete recovery then I
discovered a hairball, well it was more like a hairsausage so now I'm
hoping she doesn't have a relapse (a hairball was probably the cause
of last weeks tummy troubles).

The weather here is getting a bit cooler so I hope the cats will stop
shedding quite so much fur and the hairball problem will disappear.