Exploring Cat Island

Old September 15th 09, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Default Exploring Cat Island

[On the shore of Little Lake, deep in the Second World, an exploring
party gathers. Amelia carries maps and a GPS receiver. Samuel, wearing a
pith helmet and jodhpurs, carries a backpack with compass and climbing
gear. Ranger, dressed like Sammy, carries a roll of rope and a backpack
full of food. Beauty carries her food sampling equipment and notebook.
Several other kitties join the group.

Amelia sets the coordinates on the teleporter and meows to the assembled
kitties to follow her. Amelia steps into the teleporter and emerges into
a lush green field. A gentle breeze blows, ruffling the long grass and
blowing tendrils of fog overhead. The field is several hundred yards
across and as long as it is wide, surrounded by forests of oak on the
north, east and west. On the south end of the green field can be seen
some farm fields. Kitties, looking happy, healthy, and well-fed, tend to
the fields. ]

Ok, kitties, it looks like we're here! Lets go meet some local kitties,
and see what we can learn.

[The kitties head to the south. They pass some thickets of thorny bushes,
and Amelia looks them over closely.]

Beauty, this looks like a job for the Secretary of Foods. I thik these
are raspberry bushes. I don't know if any of the Community kitties like
raspberries, but you might be able to determine that.

[As the kitties look over the bramble thickets, one of the farm-tending
kitties approaches.]

'lo, fair kitties. Sure, and I've not seen the likes of you before. I ken
that you must be from afar off. This be so?

Amelia: Yes, we're from far away. We're hoping to hold a Jellicle Ball
here, and we're exploring the island. Can you tell me who we should be
talking to?

Island cat: You will be wanting to talk to McDougal. You'll find him in
the village near the south end of the island. Tell him that Redpaw sent
you to him. 'twil be a warm welcome you get - we don't get many visitors
since we lost the string.

[Amelia is puzzled by this last, but thanks the farm cat for the greeting
and the scouting party continues to the south, skirting the edges of the
tilled fields. Beauty notices fields of potatos, radishes, tomatos,
quinoa and soy. As the kitties walk they also catch whiffs of fish,
suggesting that fishing and fish processing are also worked nearby.

As the kitties continue journying southward, they find a well tended road
and are overtaken by a pony-powered wagon driven by a kitty. ]

Wagon cat: Greetings, yon strange cats. Need ye a ride? I be headed to
the village.

Amelia: Thank you, sir. We'd like that.
Old September 15th 09, 02:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Cats[_2_]

Wagon cat: My name be Seamus. Have ye business in the village?

Amelia: Hello, Seamus. Yes, we're on our way to meet McDougal. We're told
he's the one we need to talk to about holding the Jellicle Ball here.

Seamus: Ah, that would be grand! It has been many years since the Ball
was held here. Since long before we lost the thread, even. I would wager
that McDougal will do most anything within reason to assist ye with plans
to hold the Ball here.

[Sammy cat interrupts during a lull in the conversation]

Sammy: Excuse me, Mr Seamus, sir. Dis crossroads we iz coming up on -
does da offur road go towards da ocean? An maybe some fishing boats or
somefing?

Seamus: Aye, it does. There's a fishing port a kilometer or so to the
east. Are ye wantin' to look it over?

Sammy: Yes, sir, please. If you could let us off we could walk dere.

[Seamus pulls the cart to a stop, and Sammy, Ranger, and Beauty climb
down. They wave to Seamus, Amelia, and the others, then start walking to
the east. The cart starts rolling again.]
Old September 15th 09, 05:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mercurio[_4_]

On 15 Sep 2009 13:21:38 GMT, Amelia T Cat wrote:

[...]

[Mercurio, with his laptop open, has been typing
furiously]

Hmmm, zeess eez a fascinatink playce; and dere is
not much abowt it in da Temple Library.... I
wunder whut he meant by "da stwing"..... [he
searches through the library's online archives]

--
Ciao kittiez,

Mercurio
9/15/2009 12:21:43 PM
Old September 15th 09, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

[...]

i infesticated da thorny bushes and dey is not razzberis. de berri si
da syz of grapes and smells like nip butted tastes like choonas. dis
is a eylund ware kitties kontrol naychur da weigh wee control
hoomins. and the fishies on da shore says 'eet me' 'eet me' alla tyme.
sekritari of fudz beauty

Old September 15th 09, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

chester and sundance kan eet fudz, da fudz on dis eyelund is enuf for
all the kitties of the catmunity. i lyfe the fishis that says 'eet
me'.
beauty

Old September 15th 09, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

An outside cat at grambys looks at O T . Sure an ain it a wunnerful think
that these kitties haff suchez a luffly axcent. 'Tis a wonnerful thing it
'tis.

Old September 15th 09, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_2_]

[...]

Mosey, Mimzy and Bob Qat land their porter next to Amelia' s and greet the
other kitties there. Can we go with you? asks Mosey

Old September 16th 09, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Mosey, Mimzy and Bob Qat land their porter next to Amelia' s and greet
the other kitties there. Can we go with you? asks Mosey

Absolutely! The more, the merrier. We will be moving further along soon.

Amelia