Indoor cat..quality of life?

Old September 8th 04, 04:11 AM
Sherry

You know, I get so upset when we hear about cats dying because they are
exposed
to danger--I have been tempted to express more than just condolences. But I
never
do because I know how bad it feels to lose a loved one. I don't know how it
feels
to lose a loved one and be at fault. I just can't do that to anyone. And I
am not
exactly the poster child for self control. If I did it--even if Cheeks just
ran out the
door and got hit because I wasn't quick enough--I suppose I would survive
but
I would have a really hard time looking at my face in the mirror.

No, you're not the poster child for self control. Neither am I. But you just
don't get any satisfaction out of berating anybody who's grieving. You're smart
enough to know that's not even productive or helpful, it's just mean and nasty.
NY Writer isn't. And your comment, (god forbid) about Cheeks running out the
door...well, that exact thing happened on alt.cats. Only the cat got lost, not
killed. and NYWriter was right there, showing her ass but not offering any
practical advice, as usual.

Sherry

Old September 8th 04, 04:14 AM
Sherry

Since - once again - there are a significant number of posts from people who
are mourning, I see little validity in posting a continual message of ..oh,
well...sorry..but whatever! In this most recent response, I did start off
with
expressing my sorrow...I then posted the concept of not repeating that type
of
situation so there will not be a repeat of that heartbreak.

As much power as you think your words might have, let me clue you in....they
don't. And if it hadn't occurred to you yet, you didn't invent the "cause and
effect" theory. Grieving cat owners have already figured that one out. You're
doing nothing but being deliberately hurtful.

Sherry

Old September 8th 04, 04:15 AM
Mary

"Mary" wrote

You know, I get so upset when we hear about cats dying because they are

exposed to danger--I have been tempted to express more than just
condolences. But I
never do because I know how bad it feels to lose a loved one. I don't know

how it feels to lose a loved one and be at fault. I just can't do that to
anyone. And I am not exactly the poster child for self control. If I did
it--even if Cheeks just ran out the door and got hit because I wasn't
quick enough--I suppose I would survive but
I would have a really hard time looking at my face in the mirror.

Just trying to fix the word wrap--hands down the worst
thing about IE. Where is Arjun Ray?

Old September 8th 04, 04:20 AM
Mary

"Sherry " wrote

No, you're not the poster child for self control. Neither am I. But you

just don't get any satisfaction out of berating anybody who's grieving.
You're smart enough to know that's not even productive or helpful, it's just
mean and nasty.

I read this as "EVEN you" and did not even object to it before I noticed
that I had put the "EVEN" in! I know I can be nasty, but I hope never mean,
in the true sense of the word. e.g. petty, small, vindictive. Did you go see
my girls? You don't have to say they're anything special to look at but I
want you to see them. You even get to see Cheeky's tonsils.

http://photos.yahoo.com/crazyaboutfelines.