Picking up the ashes

Old May 24th 05, 08:30 PM

Default Picking up the ashes

It's always hard, because it brings it all back with full force. Yet
it also helps, because there is something you can hold, and touch, and
smell, even if it is not your baby, alive and breathing and with
spirit.

They called me yesterday to tell me Sabra's ashes were finally at the
vet's. DH and I had already had to get up ungodly early (for us) and
go to back-to-back doctor's appointments, and I wasn't planning on
going out again. But I had to have Sabra back home.

They were in a nice wooden box, along with a certificate, a small
envelope of his fur, and a card with his pawprint on it. I lovingly
touched and smelled and held each reminder of him, tears flowing on
the bus, probably making other passengers uncomfortable. But I didn't
care.

He's home now for good. I will clean off the mantle today, find a
space for Sabra next to Sonia, Circe, Geesha, Tiki and Mojo, find a
couple of nice photos and a frame, and place my baby's ashes on the
mantle, with the framed photos on top.

Sabra is home, and forever with me in my heart.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)

Old May 24th 05, 10:08 PM
CatNipped

wrote in message
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{Ginger-lyn}}}}}}}}}} Purrs to help heal your broken heart.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 24th 05, 10:27 PM
polonca12000

Lots of hugs and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

wrote in message
It's always hard, because it brings it all back with full force. Yet
it also helps, because there is something you can hold, and touch, and
smell, even if it is not your baby, alive and breathing and with
spirit.

They called me yesterday to tell me Sabra's ashes were finally at the
vet's. DH and I had already had to get up ungodly early (for us) and
go to back-to-back doctor's appointments, and I wasn't planning on
going out again. But I had to have Sabra back home.

snip

Old May 25th 05, 01:19 AM
Shiral

A loving tribute to Sabra, Ginger-lyn.

Now I'm wishing I'd kept some of Isadora's ashes when I had to say
farewell to her last year. I do remember really sobbing when I walked
out of the vet's office with her empty carrier. So I totally understand
your reaction to receiving Sabra's ashes.

Melissa

Old May 25th 05, 04:09 AM
Sam Nash

wrote in message
[...]

Purrs that having your baby home will help your healing.
Sam

Old May 25th 05, 04:40 AM
Marina

[...]

tears Here, they send the ashes home by mail! Seemes weird to me, but
I suppose it's practical. / I don't care, as long as I eventually get
Nikki's ashes to scatter on the island.

--
Marina, Frank and Mere. In loving memory of Nikki.
Pics at