[OT] Age Appropriate Dress?

Old January 27th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Age Appropriate Dress?

I'm watching "The View" and one of their "hot topics" was whether women
should stop wearing certain types of clothing as they get older (the example
used was women who were over 40 shouldn't wear "Juicies" work-out clothes.
Someone said that *nobody* should wear sleeveless blouses or dresses if they
have flabby upper arms (here in Houston where it sometimes gets to be 115F
with 2000% humidity this flabby-upper-armed MaMere *really* objects to that
objection!).

What do you guys think? Should you not wear a mini skirt - even if you have
killer legs - past a certain age?

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 27th 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
I'm watching "The View" and one of their "hot topics" was whether
women should stop wearing certain types of clothing as they get older
(the example used was women who were over 40 shouldn't wear "Juicies"
work-out clothes. Someone said that *nobody* should wear sleeveless
blouses or dresses if they have flabby upper arms (here in Houston
where it sometimes gets to be 115F with 2000% humidity this
flabby-upper-armed MaMere *really* objects to that objection!).

What do you guys think? Should you not wear a mini skirt - even if
you have killer legs - past a certain age?

People should be able to wear what they like, though as they get older it's
preferable they wear something. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old January 27th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Adrian" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
I'm watching "The View" and one of their "hot topics" was whether
women should stop wearing certain types of clothing as they get older
(the example used was women who were over 40 shouldn't wear "Juicies"
work-out clothes. Someone said that *nobody* should wear sleeveless
blouses or dresses if they have flabby upper arms (here in Houston
where it sometimes gets to be 115F with 2000% humidity this
flabby-upper-armed MaMere *really* objects to that objection!).

What do you guys think? Should you not wear a mini skirt - even if
you have killer legs - past a certain age?

People should be able to wear what they like, though as they get older
it's
preferable they wear something. ;-)

That's how I feel - if people don't like what you're wearing they should
look the other way! I've seen people of all ages wearing wildly
"inappropriate" clothing, but didn't feel it was my business to point it out
to them.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 27th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

There are far too many people telling others what to do. People should be
able to wear what they feel comfortable in and what is appropriate for the
occasion. While I may not enjoy seeing rolls of fat over waistbands, it does
me no harm,so I consider it to be MY problem, not that of the person I am
looking at. I am far from perfect and have no reason to expect perfection of
others.

sandra

Old January 27th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:15:07 -0600, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

I'm watching "The View" and one of their "hot topics" was whether women
should stop wearing certain types of clothing as they get older (the example
used was women who were over 40 shouldn't wear "Juicies" work-out clothes.
Someone said that *nobody* should wear sleeveless blouses or dresses if they
have flabby upper arms (here in Houston where it sometimes gets to be 115F
with 2000% humidity this flabby-upper-armed MaMere *really* objects to that
objection!).

What do you guys think? Should you not wear a mini skirt - even if you have
killer legs - past a certain age?

Well, ideally, it should be a case-by-case basis. But people so
often just don't seem to show any good sense about this. I am coming
to the conclusion though, that it can't possibly be people's fault
that so many of them are so bad at judging their own appearance. I
think it is just too complex an issue. People's self-image, their
upbringing, peer-pressure, the media, and marketing, all play roles in
this.

But I decided a couple of years ago, and have no changed my mind, that
low-cut pants and spandex are not rights, but privileges.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old January 27th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

What do you guys think? Should you not wear a mini skirt - even if you have
killer legs - past a certain age?

I've got two points to make on that subject. First, as a red-blooded male
who loves to admire the female form, very few young females come anywhere
close to being as hot as Raquel Welch and Sophia Loren. They can wear
whatever they darned well please - hubba hubba! Are you a mature woman
with killer legs? By all means, wear a miniskirt - please!

Second, even if you aren't Raquel Welch, you have a right to dress
comfortably. I might make a quiet disparaging comment to Nancy when see I
see a female as chubby as me wearing an outfit with a bare midriff, but if
that woman *wants* to bulge out like that, she's entitled to do so.

Dan
Old January 27th 06, 06:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

The only time appropriate dress should come into to play is when it deals
with business or a formal affair

Old January 27th 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

I'm watching "The View" and one of their "hot topics" was whether women
should stop wearing certain types of clothing as they get older (the example
used was women who were over 40 shouldn't wear "Juicies" work-out clothes.
Someone said that *nobody* should wear sleeveless blouses or dresses if they
have flabby upper arms (here in Houston where it sometimes gets to be 115F
with 2000% humidity this flabby-upper-armed MaMere *really* objects to that
objection!).

What do you guys think? Should you not wear a mini skirt - even if you have
killer legs - past a certain age?

Never having been a slave to fashion myself, I think you wear whatever
you want. Some things look weird to me, but hey, if *you're*
comfortable, who cares what I think? I hate being hot, and I'm gonna
keep wearing my sleeveless shirts and flapping my arms, no matter what
anyone else thinks. ;-)

Ginger-lyn
Ain't Middle Age Fun?

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old January 27th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Age Appropriate Dress?

Bravo, Sandra. =o)

I say, if a person has good legs and a good figure and feels confident
enough, the miniskirt is up to them, even if they're 75, if it's
appropriate for the occasion. There is the concept of "mutton dressed
as lamb" but if a person wants to make themselves look ridiculous,
they're the ones who will have to live with the embarrassment, not me.
Self-confidence and a good figure will allow some people to carry off
an outfit that might really look horrible on another person. For formal
wear, I'd say, leave the miniskirt at home. I personally would not
inflict me in a mini skirt on any other living creature, but that's
just me. When it's ninety in the shade, I'm darned well going to wear
shorts and short sleeves around my home, and anyone who objects is out
of luck.

Melissa

Old January 27th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I'm watching "The View" and one of their "hot topics" was whether women
should stop wearing certain types of clothing as they get older (the example
used was women who were over 40 shouldn't wear "Juicies" work-out clothes.
Someone said that *nobody* should wear sleeveless blouses or dresses if they
have flabby upper arms (here in Houston where it sometimes gets to be 115F
with 2000% humidity this flabby-upper-armed MaMere *really* objects to that
objection!).

What do you guys think? Should you not wear a mini skirt - even if you have
killer legs - past a certain age?

I think the issue is more, "How appropriate is your appearance...body
and clothing together...for the places you are going to be?"

I put on a few pounds when I was sick and now I have "muffin top."
This, for those who dont' know, is when a little fat roll sticks out
over your hiphugger jeans.

I do not think it is appropriate for people at school to see my muffin
top and so I always wear very long shirts with my hiphuggers. No bare
fat is visible.

Conversely, I do not give a crap if someone at the mall were to see it,
and so if I'm going shopping and I feel like wearing a waist-length
shirt instead of a below-waist-length shirt with those pants, so be it.

I have a snug fitting shirt made of sewn-together patches that says
BABY GIRL in a big pink foil print on the front. I think it's the sort
of shirt usually worn by 14-year-olds...but it's insanely comfortable
and I love it. I rarely wear it outside my own home because it's a
"teeny bopper" shirt...but if someone comes to my door, then I don't
think they've got any damn right to critique what I wear in my own
home.

--Fil
Who knows the difference between the Carribean on TV and the Carribean
in real life
is just as many women in bikinis--but in real life, most of them are
older and fatter.

[OT] Most bizzarre thing you've seen Yowie Cat anecdotes 10 December 22nd 05 08:24 PM
[OT] A Generic Greeting [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 December 21st 05 10:27 AM
[OT] Why we love children - humor CatNipped Cat anecdotes 9 November 28th 05 04:27 AM
the dress Miss Violette Cat community 29 October 3rd 04 08:29 AM
[OT] Yowlet Update 4/4/4 20:30 Yowie Cat anecdotes 16 April 5th 04 11:49 PM