Need automatic cat feeder suggestion :)

Old March 6th 05, 09:49 PM
googlerandy

Default Need automatic cat feeder suggestion :)

I need help from anyone out there that has used/uses an automatic cat
feeder.

Here are my requirements:

1. Needs to be automatic
2. Needs to have a "programable" timer (I want to feed my cat six small
meals per day from around 8 am to 11 pm.
3. Needs to dispense approximately the same amount of food each time
and in an amount that "I" decide.

Has anyone seen anything out there that does all this?

Oops...one more thing...a "bell" or sound of some kind when it cycles
through each feeding would be nice.

Thanks.

Old March 7th 05, 01:54 AM
Thomas F. Maguire

I don't own this feeder, but it's the closest I've seen to your
requirements.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...10283&N=2002+1
13282

Tom
--
www.DuendeDrama.org
Bringing Plays and Stories

Old March 7th 05, 02:11 AM
KellyH

"googlerandy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need help from anyone out there that has used/uses an automatic cat
feeder.

Here are my requirements:

1. Needs to be automatic
2. Needs to have a "programable" timer (I want to feed my cat six small
meals per day from around 8 am to 11 pm.
3. Needs to dispense approximately the same amount of food each time
and in an amount that "I" decide.

Has anyone seen anything out there that does all this?

Oops...one more thing...a "bell" or sound of some kind when it cycles
through each feeding would be nice.

I have one that's made by PetSafe. I can't find the model I have online, I
think this one may be the updated version:
http://www.mightypets.com/product.asp?3=873
The one I have does everything you want. The only problem I had with it is
if you use a small size kibble food, it's hard to get it to dispense a small
amount. We fixed this problem by buying some large nuts at Home Depot and
installing them on the auger. I have since switched food, and my new food
is large enough that I don't need them anymore.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old March 7th 05, 04:57 AM
Jmagerl

I use this one. http://www.autopetfeeder.com/p_feeder.asp you want the small
size (small refers to the size of the kibble). I have it set for 4 feedings
of 45 seconds each which gives 3/4 of a cup of kibble in a day. (I use
science diet for sensitive stomachs). IT doesn't have a bell but the kibble
makes a noise when it drops into the bowl that the cat can here 2 rooms
away. DOn't lose the instructions for the timer as it is not a very user
friendly timer. If I remember right it allows up to 8 feedings a day and is
toitally silent (except for the kibble hitting the bowl). if the power goes
out, it won't dispense but the timer keeps going and it will begin
dispensing again at the first scheduled time after power returns.

Its also horribly expensive. I bought it to mainly keep Mr. Bonkers from
bouncing on my stomach at 5am. Just my opinion, I believe that by removing
the human factor from feeding, you also remove some of the loving factor
from the cat. He just doesn't seem as affectionate.