Ghost Stories

Old October 31st 05, 11:05 PM
jmcquown

Default Ghost Stories

They have a "ghost hunter" on local radio this afternoon and they have been
inviting people to share their ghost stories. When I emailed this account
the man recognized the place, so maybe I'm not crazy

It was a dark and stormy night.... Actually, it was a very nice, breezeless
sunny spring day. My now ex-husband rented a shotgun house. (For those not
familiar with shotgun houses, the premise is you can fire a shotgun from the
front straight to the back. Why you'd want to, I don't know. Very common
older type housing in the southern U.S.)

The house was a former servants quarters, built in the early 20th century
behind a big white 3 story home. Hardwood floors. The front screen door
was of the old heavy wooden style with a rusty spring. When the spring
caused the door to shut the door made a thunking sound.

So one afternoon I was in the kitchen at the back of this place. I heard
the screen door open... screeeeeech! went the spring... then thunk, thunk.
Bootsteps across the hardwood floor. "Hi, I'm back here!" Nothing. Hmmm.
Okay, I went back to work... screeeeeech... thunk, thunk. Bootsteps across
the hardwood floor. "Hello? I'm in here!" Nothing. More bootsteps
through the bedroom and the kitchen got very cold. Uh oh.

I glanced out the kitchen window; no car in the driveway. I suddenly didn't
feel comfortable there. I exited via the kitchen door and was never alone
in the house again.

The most positive ghost experience I had was when my little dog Sampson came
back during a particularly violent storm. Unlike Persia, he wasn't afraid
of storms. He'd sleep right next to me. So one middle of the night in
2000, it was storming. I stretched my hand out and felt the comforting fur.
Then my eyes snapped open and I realized I could not, should not be feeling
FUR! I didn't have a pet (other than a bird) at that point. Whoa!
Sampson?!

Just about that time the storm subsided, I felt this whooosh as he moved
away from me down the bed and disappeared. I was left with an overwhelming
feeling of peace such as I'd never felt since he died in 1999.

Call me crazy but I do believe he came back to keep me company during this
particularly violent storm.

Jillill