faint shriek, faint Enid's vet bill.

Old April 11th 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default faint shriek, faint Enid's vet bill.

You will not believe Enid's vet bill that came today.

The vet did warn me that the bill would escalate to 200 pounds if I went for
the endoscopy so I said to hold off for a couple of days to see how the
antibiotics worked and if they didn't I'd think again.

The invoice is for 233 pounds 30 pence and Enid never got the endoscopy, as
she died before it came about. Everything is itemised, but for g sake who
in their right mind would spend all this money on a goose when you can buy
another for less than 20 quid, a bit more sometimes.

I am not best pleased. I would like to have saved Enid for Shylock's sake
but really.. a goose is a goose, he would have got fond of another in couple
of weeks.
Waiting for the necropsy results.

Tweed
stunned

Old April 11th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

you have my sympathy! A friend of mine once paid £150 for treatment of her
daughters' guinneypig (excuse spelling, never had to spell that before!)
She made the mistake of not getting him to quote first. Won't do that again
in a hurry!

sandra

Old April 11th 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I sympathized with you

Rusty's last 2 trips to the vet in the past few weeks totaled about 250
pounds!
He didn't have anything major, didn't stay overnight. Just some shots,
vaccinations,
antibiotics, blood and urine tests. That is why I am so worried about vet
bills for my
aging cat. Still have to take Rusty back to recheck for ringworm and another
shot of Program. That shot alone cost more than $50 Cdn. I am postponing
another urine test to give my credit card some 'breathing room'.

Winnie

Old April 11th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
You will not believe Enid's vet bill that came today.

The vet did warn me that the bill would escalate to 200 pounds if I went
for the endoscopy so I said to hold off for a couple of days to see how
the antibiotics worked and if they didn't I'd think again.

The invoice is for 233 pounds 30 pence and Enid never got the endoscopy,
as she died before it came about. Everything is itemised, but for g sake
who in their right mind would spend all this money on a goose when you can
buy another for less than 20 quid, a bit more sometimes.

I am not best pleased. I would like to have saved Enid for Shylock's sake
but really.. a goose is a goose, he would have got fond of another in
couple of weeks.
Waiting for the necropsy results.

Tweed
stunned

It that is what the vet said, then I would question the bill. Call the vet
directly and don't rely on staff.

MaryL

Old April 11th 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

OY! purrs to you, Tweed. See if you can find a goose who lays golden
eggs for Shylock's next wife! No kidding, major sympathy to you.

Melissa

Old April 11th 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
You will not believe Enid's vet bill that came today.

The vet did warn me that the bill would escalate to 200 pounds if I
went for the endoscopy so I said to hold off for a couple of days to
see how the antibiotics worked and if they didn't I'd think again.

The invoice is for 233 pounds 30 pence and Enid never got the
endoscopy, as she died before it came about. Everything is itemised,
but for g sake who in their right mind would spend all this money on
a goose when you can buy another for less than 20 quid, a bit more
sometimes.

I am not best pleased. I would like to have saved Enid for Shylock's
sake but really.. a goose is a goose, he would have got fond of
another in couple of weeks.
Waiting for the necropsy results.

Tweed
stunned

If they'd have saved Enid, then that would have been worth it. That's a lot
of money with nothing to show for it, saying you're not best pleased, I
suspect is an understatement. I hope you soon find a mate for Shylock.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 11th 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

You will not believe Enid's vet bill that came today.

I am not best pleased. I would like to have saved Enid for Shylock's sake
but really.. a goose is a goose, he would have got fond of another in couple
of weeks.
Waiting for the necropsy results.

Tweed
stunned/////

Holy cow! That is a hell of a lot for some antibiotics and a couple
nights stay in hospital. What did they do? Give her room service with a
TV?

Did that include the necropsy?
Helen M

Old April 11th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
You will not believe Enid's vet bill that came today.

The vet did warn me that the bill would escalate to 200 pounds if I went
for the endoscopy so I said to hold off for a couple of days to see how
the antibiotics worked and if they didn't I'd think again.

The invoice is for 233 pounds 30 pence and Enid never got the endoscopy,
as she died before it came about. Everything is itemised, but for g sake
who in their right mind would spend all this money on a goose when you can
buy another for less than 20 quid, a bit more sometimes.

I am not best pleased. I would like to have saved Enid for Shylock's sake
but really.. a goose is a goose, he would have got fond of another in
couple of weeks.
Waiting for the necropsy results.

Ohh thats a hideous bill.

What on earth cost so much?

At least you never have to worry about this group's understanding of why
you'd spend 200 pounds on an animal when the purchase price of another is
10% of that. I thinkwe've all been there at one time or another.

*Purrs*

Yowie

Old April 11th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:f8759e2b1551e735688b521284b9fb3d.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

You will not believe Enid's vet bill that came today.

I am not best pleased. I would like to have saved Enid for Shylock's
sake
but really.. a goose is a goose, he would have got fond of another in
couple
of weeks.
Waiting for the necropsy results.

Tweed
stunned/////

Holy cow! That is a hell of a lot for some antibiotics and a couple
nights stay in hospital. What did they do? Give her room service with a
TV?

Did that include the necropsy?
Helen M

Blood sample excluding lab fee... 4.80
Medlab Avian Health One (??).. 25.50
Administer drip excluding fluid.. 15.00
FLOW CONT TUB 10ML/4 HR (??).. 9.24
Balloon Infusion Pump.. 10.00

two pages of this sort of stuff.

They are doing the post-mortem for nothing.. hahaha nothing.. 2 hundred
quids worth of vet fees for a goose and they say it's for nothing! I
suppose they might be worried she had bird flu. Which would add insult to
injury.
I hope they hurry up with the results, Shylock isn't well now. I need to
know if it's something contagious she had or whether he's just pining.
Tweed