"Bruver" - Question re lonely outdoor kitten/cat - re maMA, Loki and Rexie (for reference) - sorry , longish

Old June 21st 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default "Bruver" - Question re lonely outdoor kitten/cat - re maMA, Loki and Rexie (for reference) - sorry , longish

"badwilson" wrote:

Tanada wrote:

Well in Christina's (AKA Tweed) case, KFC stands for Kitty Farm Cat.
KFC didn't have a name, and so far as I know, Britain doesn't have a
Kentucky Fried Chicken outlet (man, I hope we didn't do that to you
people) within it's borders.

Pam S.

Are you kidding? Of course there's KFC in Britain. I've never been
there but can absolutely guarantee it. KFC is everywhere. You wouldn't
believe how many there were in Thailand, almost as many as 7/11's. They
are in over 80 countries. In fact, the only countries I've ever been in
that *didn't* have KFC are Laos and Burma.

We're so provincial. A person from Kentucky might be surprised to
find a KFC in neighboring Tennessee, much less in Thailand.

I'm even more provincial. I can get surprised when I see a Boston
Market in uptown Boston instead of downtown Boston.

Old June 21st 06, 05:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
In one of the cases, yes. In the other, it means Kitty Farm Cat.
Not to be confusing or anything...

- Joyce

Kentucky Friend! Kentucky Fried!!

- Smudge & Roxy

Kitty Farm Cat! Kitty Farm Cat!!

- Licky

Tastes great, less filling?

Old June 21st 06, 07:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 03:08:50 GMT, Tanada wrote:

Well in Christina's (AKA Tweed) case, KFC stands for Kitty Farm Cat.
KFC didn't have a name, and so far as I know, Britain doesn't have a
Kentucky Fried Chicken outlet (man, I hope we didn't do that to you
people) within it's borders.

They've got _500_ KFCs in China, why not the UK?

Old June 21st 06, 07:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tanada wrote:

and so far as I know, Britain doesn't have a Kentucky Fried Chicken outlet
(man, I hope we didn't do that to you people) within it's borders.

Hmmm... I *think* there's one in the middle of London... it's only open
in the mornings, though.

;-)

Deb.

--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old June 21st 06, 08:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Takayuki wrote:

I'm even more provincial. I can get surprised when I see a Boston
Market in uptown Boston instead of downtown Boston.

Hey Tak, not to give you a heart attack, but we have them in California!!

Joyce
Old June 21st 06, 08:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

William Hamblen wrote:

Tanada wrote:

and so far as I know, Britain doesn't have a Kentucky Fried
Chicken outlet (man, I hope we didn't do that to you people)
within it's borders.

They've got _500_ KFCs in China, why not the UK?

I'm sure you're right, but I still thought it was funny when Pam said

Old June 21st 06, 10:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tanada wrote:
Shirley B. wrote:

I'm assuming it means Kentucky Fried Chicken??

Well in Christina's (AKA Tweed) case, KFC stands for Kitty Farm Cat.
KFC didn't have a name, and so far as I know, Britain doesn't have a
Kentucky Fried Chicken outlet (man, I hope we didn't do that to you
people) within it's borders.

Pam S.

We've got hundreds of Fried Chicken outlets, they've been here for many
years. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old June 21st 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Enfilade wrote:
wrote:
Takayuki wrote:

Tastes great, less filling?

I remember seeing KFC in England, and several other chains I
recognized.

I must admit I'm rather impressed with the Curry Chicken Burgers at
McD's in Belgium...those are goooooood and I want them here in Canada!
I could pass on the Cheese Nuggets though. (Imagine a Chicken
McNugget, made of cheese.)

I always get a kick out of the different things they have at McDonald's
in other countries. Seems that they always have the basic staples, but
then they have a few "regional specialties".
In Thailand, they had these pork burgers for a while where there was no
bun but 2 patties made of sticky rice. They also had McSomTam (green
papaya salad) which came in the salad shaker cup. Thais looooove fried
chicken (hence all the KFC's) so McD's also has fried chicken.
It really was amazing at how many franchises there were in Thailand.
Some very commonly seen ones were KFC, Pizza Hut, McDonald's, Burger
King, Dunkin Donuts, Sizzler, Starbucks, Dairy Queen and Baskin Robbins.
In Australia, I've noticed McD's have an Aussie burger, which has
beetroot on it. I'm not into beetroot in the slightest, but Dennis
likes it but said that the McD's Aussie burger is vastly inferior to the
Hungry Jack's one. From what I've gathered, Hungry Jacks is the Aussie
version of Burger King. It's funny, but there seem to be less American
franchises in Australia than there were in Thailand. I've yet to see a
Starbucks for instance. Are there any on the other side of the country
or are they just not in Australia?
And before everyone thinks we constantly eat fast food...we really
don't! It's just something we save for road trips. Also, we have done
a ton of travelling and I know I've been to more countries than the
average Joe. But many times we were glad of the fast food joints
because they were about all we could afford. This does not apply to our
travels in Asia, where fast food is way more expensive than local food
from street stands. But after 5 years in Asia, you get to the point
where you crave some non-Asian food, no matter what the cost!
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old June 21st 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"badwilson" wrote in message
Enfilade wrote:
wrote:
Takayuki wrote:

[...]

I got a kick out of (and enjoyed) the steamed rice you could get all the
time at the McDonalds in Hawaii.

I like fast food, but get to the point where I think I'll gag if I have to
eat one more thing that is fried.

(I do really love Arby's)

Jo