Update for Jill

Old February 7th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

Default Update for Jill

I emailed Jill (in the Carolinas caring for her elderly parents), and all
the bad weather missed both her home, her brothers, and the vet's where
Persia and Peaches are currently boarded. The storms that rolled through
Arkansas also missed her LLL, John.

She has not received her new laptop yet, and hates Google Groups (no
filtering/hiding read messages/plonking), and was wondering if there were
any *GOOD* free newsreaders (she will be activating her NIN account from
where she is). She is still going next door to her parent's and using their
computer (and loving on their cat, so hopefully Persia gets some of those
vibes in absentia).

The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old February 7th 08, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
john sumner[_6_]

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in
m:

I emailed Jill (in the Carolinas caring for her elderly parents), and
all the bad weather missed both her home, her brothers, and the vet's
where Persia and Peaches are currently boarded. The storms that
rolled through Arkansas also missed her LLL, John.

She has not received her new laptop yet, and hates Google Groups (no
filtering/hiding read messages/plonking), and was wondering if there
were any *GOOD* free newsreaders (she will be activating her NIN
account from where she is). She is still going next door to her
parent's and using their computer (and loving on their cat, so
hopefully Persia gets some of those vibes in absentia).

Yes use Xnews it is from newsguy.com and it is a lot better the google
groups and windows mail and you can filter out all google groupers, which
i dont do in this fine group because the trolls don`t show up too much,
tell jill to do a google search on it

Old February 7th 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

--

I use Pan newsreader (Windows version at
http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/re...14.2/WINDOWS/).

Until she gets her NIN account set up there, aioe.org provides a pretty
useable news server that's free to access.

Old February 7th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
john sumner[_6_]

Daniel Mahoney wrote in
news
[...]

The problem with them is that you can only post 25 posts a day
and i dont know how much jill posts or is in other groups.
Old February 7th 08, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Magic Mood Jeep kirjoitti:
I emailed Jill (in the Carolinas caring for her elderly parents), and all
the bad weather missed both her home, her brothers, and the vet's where
Persia and Peaches are currently boarded. The storms that rolled through
Arkansas also missed her LLL, John.

She has not received her new laptop yet, and hates Google Groups (no
filtering/hiding read messages/plonking), and was wondering if there were
any *GOOD* free newsreaders (she will be activating her NIN account from
where she is). She is still going next door to her parent's and using their
computer (and loving on their cat, so hopefully Persia gets some of those
vibes in absentia).

Some people debate whether or not Mozilla Thunderbird is a newsreader or
not, but I've always liked it both for email and news. For email it can
handle multiple email accounts. And I like the feature that it makes
thin dotted lines in the ng thread so one can better follow who replied
to whom... and one can filter/killfile too, sort stuff, choose to not
download more than or older than or bigger than so and so messages... etc.
http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old February 7th 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

The problem with them is that you can only post 25 posts a day
and i dont know how much jill posts or is in other groups.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Since I only use them for my
once-in-a-very-great-while posts to alt.sysadmin.recovery I've never run
into that limit (I probably post 4 or 5 messages a year there).

Dan
Old February 7th 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
john sumner[_6_]

Daniel Mahoney wrote in
Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Since I only use them for my
once-in-a-very-great-while posts to alt.sysadmin.recovery I've never run
into that limit (I probably post 4 or 5 messages a year there).

Dan

I think a lot of people are not aware of that dan, and AIOE gets a lot of
trolls posting from there, they and google groups are full of them.
Old February 7th 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

On Feb 7, 12:54*pm, Daniel Mahoney wrote:
The problem with them is that you can only post 25 posts a day
and i dont know how much jill posts or is in other groups.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Since I only use them for my
once-in-a-very-great-while posts to alt.sysadmin.recovery I've never run
into that limit (I probably post 4 or 5 messages a year there).

Dan

I'm pretty a darned prolific poster both here and in
rec.food.cooking. Limiting me to 25 posts a day is like saying I can
only breathe 4 hours out of 24 There are some days when I don't
post anything at all, anywhere. Other days I can't seem to *not* find
something to either post as a new topic or reply to, and then reply to
the replies to my reply! ROFL

Jill
Old February 7th 08, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Feb 7, 2:38*pm, jmcquown wrote:
On Feb 7, 12:54*pm, Daniel Mahoney wrote:

The problem with them is that you can only post 25 posts a day
and i dont know how much jill posts or is in other groups.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Since I only use them for my
once-in-a-very-great-while posts to alt.sysadmin.recovery I've never run
into that limit (I probably post 4 or 5 messages a year there).

Dan

I'm pretty a darned prolific poster both here and in
rec.food.cooking. *Limiting me to 25 posts a day is like saying I can
only breathe 4 hours out of 24 *There are some days when I don't
post anything at all, anywhere. *Other days I can't seem to *not* find
something to either post as a new topic or reply to, and then reply to
the replies to my reply! ROFL

Jill

We've been worried about Peaches and Persia here since we heard about
all the bad weather. Glad to hear that, except for missing their mom,
they are ok. I use Google and it causes lots of problems. But I cope.

Will in New Haven

Old February 8th 08, 09:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 11:38:01 -0800 (PST), jmcquown
wrote:

I'm pretty a darned prolific poster both here and in
rec.food.cooking. Limiting me to 25 posts a day is like saying I can
only breathe 4 hours out of 24 There are some days when I don't
post anything at all, anywhere. Other days I can't seem to *not* find
something to either post as a new topic or reply to, and then reply to
the replies to my reply! ROFL

Jill, if you don't find a free server, you can use
http://www.forteinc.com/apn/index.php
for 30 days as on a trial basis. I signed up for their 30 day trial
period when I upgraded my newsreader (Forte Agent), and there was no
problem with them trying to charge me when the trial period was over.
In fact, they only sent one email asking if I wanted to continue with
them. I didn't read it since it was automatically dumped into the
spam folder and I wasn't keeping track of the date. I discovered the
trial period had ended when all of a sudden I couldn't download new
headers one night.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit, Spot,

video clips at http://tinyurl.com/29o8ck
photos at http://tinyurl.com/22pfn8

Ping Jill Kreisleriana[_2_] Cat anecdotes 2 November 18th 07 05:30 PM
Ping Jill (again!) Kreisleriana[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 September 10th 07 03:48 PM
Ping Jill CatNipped Cat anecdotes 19 August 30th 07 01:42 AM
Thank you All! (from Jill & John) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 2 February 3rd 07 11:19 PM
Ping Jill Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 3 May 23rd 06 11:53 AM