Purrs for Mom, Please

Old January 24th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Purrs for Mom, Please

My mom is having a lot of trouble coping with the aftermath of Katrina.
Sometimes it's comical - like when she tries to talk on her cell phone and
disconnects 5 times during our conversation by accidentally hitting the
"off" button (they still don't have land line phone service in Chalmette).

But mostly it's just sad. She feels lost and disconnected. All her friends
are scattered and at their age it's not easy to drive to one another's
residence for a visit (they used to gather in the meeting area of her
assisted-living apartment every evening).

She drove down to my daughter's house today and made the mistake of turning
down Colonial Drive. It used to be a showcase of beautiful home, but now
it's one of the most devastated parts of Chalmette, where whole houses were
moved into neighbors' yards - foundations and all!

She called me up this morning crying, saying, "You just can't imagine what
it looks like - all the pictures and television coverage just can't convey
the devastation, it's looks like the aftermath of a nuclear war!"

Even the looting of her assisted-living apartment didn't get her as down as
she sounds today (she lived on the third floor, so was spared the flooding -
but some @$$hole looter tore up her apartment, even ripping into her
mattress looking for stashed cash and jewelry).

Anyway... Coping purrs for my mom would be greatly appreciated.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 24th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message

Anyway... Coping purrs for my mom would be greatly appreciated.

Here's hoping she calms and copes well *soon*

*hugs* helen s

Old January 24th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Coping purrs for my mom would be greatly appreciated.

Four sets of purrs, including extra loud ones from Smokey who knows
what it's like to have your living situation in upheval.

--Fil

Old January 24th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:

Anyway... Coping purrs for my mom would be greatly appreciated.

Lots of purrs on the way.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old January 24th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs for your mother in the midst of the ongoing upheaval and
devastation. And purrs that life will improve exponentially in the
states that were hit hardest by Katrina. It's hard for people in the
middle of a disaster area when they stop being the news, but the
disaster is a long way from over and "normalcy" whatever that may mean
to people is still months or years away.

Melissa

Old January 24th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Purrs on the way.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old January 24th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
My mom is having a lot of trouble coping with the aftermath of Katrina.
Even the looting of her assisted-living apartment didn't get her as down
as she sounds today (she lived on the third floor, so was spared the
flooding - but some @$$hole looter tore up her apartment, even ripping
into her mattress looking for stashed cash and jewelry).

Anyway... Coping purrs for my mom would be greatly appreciated.

Coping and calming purrs and prayers will be on the way as soon as I'm done
cursing all looters to hell a thousand times over and calm down myself.

I'm strongly in favor of the old "looters will be shot on sight" strategy.

I cannot understand people that will do this to each other in the aftermath
of disaster.

Jo

Old January 24th 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:54:29 -0600, "CatNipped"
wrote:

[...]

Purrs on the way for your mom to come to terms with all the changes
and feelings of disconnection.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old January 24th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
My mom is having a lot of trouble coping with the aftermath of Katrina.

I'm not surprised. Purrs coming over from England for her.
We are *so* lucky here, weatherwise.
We moan and groan: it's always raining (which it mostly is!): it was
minus2/3/4/5C and I had to scrape my car windscreen before I could go to
work: the weather never stays the same for a week: it's hardly ever hot.
All true. We don't get earthquakes, bush fires, tornadoes (usually) and
only rarely a little hurricane. Extremes of weather are unusual here and
rarely last for more than a few days.

Tweed

Old January 24th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
My mom is having a lot of trouble coping with the aftermath of Katrina.

Many comforting purrs for your mom. Her situation is so unsettling and
scary. We will pray and purr that she feels more comfortable soon.
Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin
Aggie Marble
Victor Velcro

Multi-purpose purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 22 November 23rd 04 02:16 PM
Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM
Purrs for Lacey Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 25 November 19th 03 05:20 AM