well done!

Old March 4th 14, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default well done!

My Chloe is very old and has had some serious health problems. The
worst was diarrhoea which seems to have been caused by irritable
bowel, maybe resulting from gluten intolerance. It didn't clear up
completely after taking her off gluten, but we found that Hills i/d
low-irritation dry food suits here very well. After a few weeks on
it she's put on weight, her coat looks much better and she's got
friendlier than she's ever been. And the diarrhoea has mostly gone.

But she still doesn't always crap in the litter tray. Yesterday she
produced the most normal-looking log I've seen her do in a year or
so - right by the front door. And to make sure we didn't miss it,
she found a little gold star like the ones teachers use to reward
primary school kids for their work, and dropped it right beside the
production. I have no idea where she found it.

Old March 4th 14, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/4/2014 1:17 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
My Chloe is very old and has had some serious health problems. The
worst was diarrhoea which seems to have been caused by irritable
bowel, maybe resulting from gluten intolerance. It didn't clear up
completely after taking her off gluten, but we found that Hills i/d
low-irritation dry food suits here very well.

Nice that you found a food that suits her insides.

But she still doesn't always crap in the litter tray. Yesterday she
produced the most normal-looking log I've seen her do in a year or
so - right by the front door. And to make sure we didn't miss it,
she found a little gold star like the ones teachers use to reward
primary school kids for their work, and dropped it right beside the
production. I have no idea where she found it.

LOL That's fun! Gold star for Chloe! Awarded by... Chloe.

I couple of years ago I found I couldn't leave the bath mat on the floor
for any length of time after taking a shower. Persia started pooing on
it. Nice firm poo, not diarrhea. She wasn't ill. She was simply
avoiding the box. And trust me, the box is scooped religiously and the
litter changed regularly. Seems she got it into her head that was a
better place to poppl. Once I started taking it up off the floor after
showering, she went back to using the box. No mistakes since then.

Jill
Old March 4th 14, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Jack Campin wrote:

My Chloe is very old and has had some serious health problems. The
worst was diarrhoea which seems to have been caused by irritable
bowel, maybe resulting from gluten intolerance. It didn't clear up
completely after taking her off gluten, but we found that Hills i/d
low-irritation dry food suits here very well. After a few weeks on
it she's put on weight, her coat looks much better and she's got
friendlier than she's ever been. And the diarrhoea has mostly gone.

But she still doesn't always crap in the litter tray. Yesterday she
produced the most normal-looking log I've seen her do in a year or
so - right by the front door. And to make sure we didn't miss it,
she found a little gold star like the ones teachers use to reward
primary school kids for their work, and dropped it right beside the
production. I have no idea where she found it.

Hilarious! Maybe she's giving *you* a gold star for doing such a good
job of making her feel better, and she put it next to the evidence.

--
Joyce

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you
come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people
who have come alive." -- Howard Thurman
Old March 5th 14, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

I couple of years ago I found I couldn't leave the bath mat on the floor
for any length of time after taking a shower. Persia started pooing on
it. Nice firm poo, not diarrhea. She wasn't ill. She was simply
avoiding the box. And trust me, the box is scooped religiously and the
litter changed regularly. Seems she got it into her head that was a
better place to poppl. Once I started taking it up off the floor after
showering, she went back to using the box. No mistakes since then.

Smudge (or maybe Roxy, or both) did this a couple of times when I had small
rugs on the bathrum floor to the bathtub to serve as bathmats. They'd poop
on the rug and then turn the corner over on top of it to "bury" it. That's
when I switched to towels (smaller than a bath towel, and stronger, meant to
be put on the floor). I put them down before showering, and take them up when
done.

Old March 6th 14, 01:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 18:17:25 +0000, Jack Campin
wrote:

My Chloe is very old and has had some serious health problems. The
worst was diarrhoea which seems to have been caused by irritable
bowel, maybe resulting from gluten intolerance. It didn't clear up
completely after taking her off gluten, but we found that Hills i/d
low-irritation dry food suits here very well. After a few weeks on
it she's put on weight, her coat looks much better and she's got
friendlier than she's ever been. And the diarrhoea has mostly gone.

But she still doesn't always crap in the litter tray. Yesterday she
produced the most normal-looking log I've seen her do in a year or
so - right by the front door. And to make sure we didn't miss it,
she found a little gold star like the ones teachers use to reward
primary school kids for their work, and dropped it right beside the
production. I have no idea where she found it.

A very proud kitty indeed.