our local cat poisoner

Old March 6th 14, 02:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default our local cat poisoner

This is a couple of minutes walk from me:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-26449853

So we're keeping our lot shut in for now.

This happened before a few years ago.

My bet is that it's some dickhead car repairer leaving open
containers of antifreeze about.

Old March 6th 14, 12:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2014-03-05 11:39 PM, The Other Guy wrote:
On Thu, 06 Mar 2014 01:08:31 +0000, Jack Campin
wrote:

This is a couple of minutes walk from me:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-26449853

So we're keeping our lot shut in for now.

This happened before a few years ago.

My bet is that it's some dickhead car repairer leaving open
containers of antifreeze about.

There is a special place in hell for such 'people'..

To reply by email, lose the Ks...

---

Some years back, someone in a rather more upscale neighbourhood very
near where I lived at the time was very proud of his garden, and very
annoyed at the local cats getting in it. So he started catching them,
and turning them loose a long, long way from home. These weren't feral
cats, they were pets, but it still took a few disappearances before
people realized that the disappearances were deliberate, and then of
course the police had to figure out who was responsible. He was
convicted of animal cruelty, but only one or two of the cats was ever
recovered, even after he was caught and told the neighbours where he had
dumped their cats.

--
Cheryl
Old March 6th 14, 12:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

wrote:

This is a couple of minutes walk from me:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-26449853

So we're keeping our lot shut in for now.

This happened before a few years ago.

My bet is that it's some dickhead car repairer leaving open
containers of antifreeze about.

There is a special place in hell for such 'people'..

To reply by email, lose the Ks...

---
protection is active.

Some years back, someone in a rather more upscale neighbourhood very
near where I lived at the time was very proud of his garden, and very
annoyed at the local cats getting in it. So he started catching them,
and turning them loose a long, long way from home. These weren't feral
cats, they were pets, but it still took a few disappearances before
people realized that the disappearances were deliberate, and then of
course the police had to figure out who was responsible. He was
convicted of animal cruelty, but only one or two of the cats was ever
recovered, even after he was caught and told the neighbours where he had
dumped their cats.

--
Cheryl

~~~~~~~
That is so sad. I'm so glad they caught him before he could continue with
that cruel practice, and I'm glad he was convicted instead of the
authorities just ignoring it. What was the penalty? I hope it was more
than a fine or probation.

MaryL

Old March 6th 14, 01:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2014-03-06 8:25 AM, MaryL wrote:
~~~~~~~
That is so sad. I'm so glad they caught him before he could continue
with that cruel practice, and I'm glad he was convicted instead of the
authorities just ignoring it. What was the penalty? I hope it was more
than a fine or probation.

I don't remember - I don't think it was a severe penalty, and it was
something on the line of a fine or probation.

On the other hand, the humiliation of being brought up in court along
with all the other minor criminals (not to mention attracting more media
attention than they did) must have been quite great for a professional
man living in a nice neighbourhood!

--
Cheryl
Old March 18th 14, 05:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla=^..^=

"The Other Guy"

wrote:

This is a couple of minutes walk from me:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-26449853

So we're keeping our lot shut in for now.

This happened before a few years ago.

My bet is that it's some dickhead car repairer leaving open
containers of antifreeze about.

There is a special place in hell for such 'people'..

Crikey, ...I TOTALLY agree with "The Other Guy"

How can' so called humans' do such mean things to helpless cats and dogs? ?
Shame on them!!!
Good for you Jack, to keep your lot indoors. How many do you have?
Kyla -madder than a wet hen about this instance.

To reply by email, lose the Ks...

---
protection is active.

Old March 18th 14, 06:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/5/2014 8:08 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
This is a couple of minutes walk from me:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-26449853

So we're keeping our lot shut in for now.

This happened before a few years ago.

My bet is that it's some dickhead car repairer leaving open
containers of antifreeze about.

Probably so. I thought there was an agreement (at least in the US) by
manufacturers to add a bittering agent to ethylene glycol so it wouldn't
taste sweet?

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals...ntifreeze.html

Good idea to keep yours in for now. I know you don't want to, but
please do, at least until they find the source of the poison.

Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be someone willfully killing pets.

Jill
Old March 18th 14, 09:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matsav

"Kyla=^..^=" wrote in message

"The Other Guy"

On Thu, 06 Mar 2014 01:08:31 +0000, Jack Campin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-26449853

There is a special place in hell for such 'people'..

Crikey, ...I TOTALLY agree with "The Other Guy"

How can' so called humans' do such mean things to helpless cats and dogs?
?
Shame on them!!!...

Indeed. This was the headline in a local newspaper of a town I visited on
Saturday last:

http://www.thanetgazette.co.uk/Cat-f...ail/story.html

--
MatSav

Old March 18th 14, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla=^..^=

"Matsav"

"Kyla=^..^=

"The Other Guy"

On Thu, 06 Mar 2014 01:08:31 +0000, Jack Campin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-26449853

There is a special place in hell for such 'people'..

Crikey, ...I TOTALLY agree with "The Other Guy"

How can' so called humans' do such mean things to helpless cats and dogs?

Shame on them!!!...

Indeed. This was the headline in a local newspaper of a town I visited on
Saturday last:

http://www.thanetgazette.co.uk/Cat-f...ail/story.html

--
MatSav

Absolutely sickening Mat!

Kyla

Old March 18th 14, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla=^..^=

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 3/5/2014 8:08 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
This is a couple of minutes walk from me:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-26449853

So we're keeping our lot shut in for now.

This happened before a few years ago.

My bet is that it's some dickhead car repairer leaving open
containers of antifreeze about.

Probably so. I thought there was an agreement (at least in the US) by
manufacturers to add a bittering agent to ethylene glycol so it wouldn't
taste sweet?

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals...ntifreeze.html

Good idea to keep yours in for now. I know you don't want to, but please
do, at least until they find the source of the poison.

Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be someone willfully killing pets.

Jill

Sorry to say, Jill, but there are creeps all over the World who get sheer
pleasure out of killing someone's pets.

Kyla -VERY angry about all this

Old March 18th 14, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/18/2014 12:50 PM, Kyla=^..^= wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

[...]

Yes, dear. Then again, there are some rather careless/clueless people
who don't think about or realize the dangers of antifreeze +
animals/pets. Getting VERY angry isn't going to help.

Jill