A Windy Night

Old January 8th 05, 11:14 AM
Adrian

Default A Windy Night

It was a very windy night, last night, here in northern britain. Lying
in bed I could hear it howling through the trees outside. I'm sure
Snoopy increased the volume of her purr to drown out the noise of the
wind, she just about succeeded.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old January 8th 05, 02:24 PM
Marina

Adrian wrote:

It was a very windy night, last night, here in northern britain. Lying
in bed I could hear it howling through the trees outside. I'm sure
Snoopy increased the volume of her purr to drown out the noise of the
wind, she just about succeeded.

Aww! They predicted a huge storm here in southern Finland tonight; winds
of over 25 m/s (~55 miles/hour), waves up to 17 metres (~55 feet). The
sea level is expected to rise some 1.5 metres, flooding some low areas.
Last time we had a good storm around here, in December, my power went on
and off a few times. If you don't hear from me, you'll know I'm without
power (also, I should be working this weekend and not read rpca... but
if I have no power. I can't do either).

I should hasten to point out that no disaster is expected, since we are
well aware of what is going to happen, and the low lands are being
protected. I just hope the big passenger ferries that usually go between
Finland and Sweden every day don't set out in this weather.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old January 8th 05, 03:25 PM
Lisa Katt

Marina skrev i meddelandet ...
Adrian wrote:

[...]

Yes, the storm is raging outside now here in south Sweden. I just heard
noises from the other side of the house and found that flowerpots and things
are thrown around on the balcony. I couldn't open the door, the wind was too
strong against it.
The bridge to Denmark is closed and the ferries to Germany do not sail.
Well, as long as we have electricity we will do fine, Hugo Katt and I.
I bet many outdoor Christmas trees are down already. Yes, we still have
them, Christmas is over on the 13th of January here.
Elisabet

Old January 8th 05, 06:06 PM
Mathew Kagis

"Lisa Katt" wrote in message

Marina skrev i meddelandet ...
Adrian wrote:

[...]

BC, Canada is also experiencing high winds (Gusting to 80 km/h), cold
temps & healthy ammounts of snow... Seems the world is restless.
--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old January 8th 05, 06:31 PM
mlbriggs

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 18:06:19 +0000, Mathew Kagis wrote:

"Lisa Katt" wrote in message

Marina skrev i meddelandet ...
Adrian wrote:

[...]

And windy in the Rocky Mountains too. MLB
Old January 8th 05, 07:48 PM
Adrian

Marina wrote:
Adrian wrote:

[...]

You'll be getting the same storm, we had gusts of 40 m/s (~90
miles/hour) some people lost power, quite a bit of damage was done also
flooding in places. No damage here though and it's calm this evening. I
hope the winds decrease as it crosses the continent.

Old January 9th 05, 03:17 PM
Marina

polonca12000 wrote:
Lots of purrs and best wishes for everyone to stay safe,

I just saw images on the news from here and abroad of the destruction
caused by this storm. It's been a whopper. Purrs going out to
Scandinavia and the Baltic countries, where it seems to have hit pretty
hard. Some casualties. Scotland too. No casualties here in Finland so
far, but flooded streets and houses.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old January 9th 05, 03:55 PM
Christina Websell

"Marina" wrote in message
polonca12000 wrote:
Lots of purrs and best wishes for everyone to stay safe,

I just saw images on the news from here and abroad of the destruction
caused by this storm. It's been a whopper. Purrs going out to Scandinavia
and the Baltic countries, where it seems to have hit pretty hard. Some
casualties. Scotland too. No casualties here in Finland so far, but
flooded streets and houses.

--

3 found drowned in Carlisle, UK.

Tweed