Follow up on NC changes to Shelter Regs

Old November 5th 04, 12:53 AM
Steve Touchstone

Default Follow up on NC changes to Shelter Regs

A while back, Pam S posted about new regulations governing shelter
regulations in her state of North Carolina. She posted a link to sign
a petition asking that the shelters be given more time to implement
the changes (currently the changes are supposed to be in place by the
new year). When I went to the site I noticed the petition was for
those living in NC, so I sent email to the shelter. Anyway, long story
shorter, here's the response I received today from
Lori
at the Haven
http://www.thehaven-nc.com

"Hello Steve,

Sorry for the delay at getting back to you. This week has been one of
those busy ones

regulation issue. At this time we are not sure how seriously any
petition would be taken by the department of Agriculture. Simply
stated, they have made their decision and it is final. While the
powers that be at the Haven do not agree with the regulations we can
only encourage others to contact Dr. Kirkland and or the Department of
Agriculture as a whole, and plead for leniency for The Haven. We are
putting plans together in hopes that in the next 12 - 18 months we can
meet as many of their regulations as we are able. At this time we just
need supplies. Primarily 6 foot chain length Fencing and Gravel if we
are to be able to remain a save haven for our four legged friends.

I will place a small blurb on the website stating that if you are not
from the State of North Carolina you can still contact the NC
Department of Agriculture and ask that they be patient with The Haven,
as we are simply trying to allow these animals another day of life. I
do appreciate your concern and please, by all means contact Dr.
Kirkland if you feel you would like to. I know that every story has
two sides, but the fact that Friends for Life at The Haven saves
hundreds of animals lives every month is something no one can argue
with.

Take care,

Lori"

And, here's the contact information for the Dept of Ag she mentions

NCDA&CS Veterinary Division
Dr. C. F. Kirkland )
1030 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-1030
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: