Lester: Friday

Old November 29th 03, 02:22 AM
Arthur Shapiro

Default Lester: Friday

Not much to report. He still won't eat, and 30-36 cc of the liquid
"CliniCare" food is, according to the label, a small fraction of the amount a
cat of his weight should be having each day. (6 feedings per day at 5-6 cc,
followed by 2 cc. of water). That will be the biggest issue with the surgeon
at tommorow's appointment. Unless I have one fantastic day cycling, I
probably won't make the appointment; the route is pretty tough tommorow. But
I'll write out the concerns for my wife to show the surgeon and race up there
if I get home at an hour that makes it feasible.

I'll ask whether we can start syringe-feeding the "AD" that he wouldn't eat
prior to the surgery, or perhaps the same for baby food. I have to do
*something*.

He actually sniffed at the food this evening, but didn't eat. And he groomed
himself for the first time for a minute or two. He's spent the last day plus
on one of the beds, and I slept there with him and cycled a heating pad on and
off the entire night to keep him warm but not hot. Still lots of purring, but
I'm terrified that he's going to starve to death if this goes much further.

Art
Temporary usercode - to be deleted when spam starts. Use MyBrainHurts at this ISP to reach me
Old November 29th 03, 02:41 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 02:22:19 GMT, (Arthur
Shapiro) wrote:

[...]

May I make a suggestion? If you place a folded bath towel over the
heating pad (on low) perhaps you could get some sleep too. Purrs
for both of you. MLB
Old November 29th 03, 02:47 AM
Karen

in article ToTxb.9053$ZE1.5096@fed1read04, Arthur Shapiro at
wrote on 11/28/03 8:22 PM:

[...]

Those are small improvements including the sniffing. They may very well be
OK with syringe feeding. I think the fact that he is grooming a tad is the
biggest piece of news. Grooming is *always* a good thing. Cats next to death
do not often groom.

Karen

Old November 29th 03, 02:48 AM
Steve Touchstone

Shapiro) wrote:

[...]

Glad to hear he continues to improve. Hopefully the tuibe will be
coming out soon, as he at showed some interest in regualr food. They
said originally that the small amount was because they were afraid of
him throwing up and getting it in his lungs, right? So, maybe they'll
let you increase the amount you're giving him.

Sending major purrs and hugs to you, as I know it must be terrible to
seem in this state, and seeming to waste away before your eyes. And,
of sending continued purrs for Mo Lester's swift and complete
recovery.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old November 29th 03, 03:38 AM
Cheryl

In news:ToTxb.9053$ZE1.5096@fed1read04,
Arthur Shapiro composed with style:
Not much to report. He still won't eat, and 30-36 cc of the liquid
"CliniCare" food is, according to the label, a small fraction of
the amount a
cat of his weight should be having each day. (6 feedings per day
at 5-6 cc,
followed by 2 cc. of water). That will be the biggest issue with
the surgeon
at tommorow's appointment.

Please don't give up. Shadow was only on Clinicare for one day when
he was sick. I switched him to AD blended up and I even added some
KMR at first, with some water. The small amount you are getting in
Lester is totally normal. You have to build it up. In fact,
clinicare gave Shadow the ****s. Please ask about AD... best to you
and Lester.

Old November 29th 03, 05:41 AM
Marina

It sounds like slow but steady improvement. Purrs still coming over for Moe
Lester.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 29th 03, 05:44 AM
Helen Wheels

Arthur Shapiro wrote:
[...]

Here's hoping Lester continues to get better however slowly.
Helen Wheels

Old November 29th 03, 08:04 AM
LOL

(Arthur Shapiro) wrote in message news:ToTxb.9053$ZE1.5096@fed1read04...
[...]

He does sound a little better in each post you've written; I think the
sniffing at food and especially the grooming are good signs that he's
coming back to himself. Thank you for the update - we're still
purring hard.
------
Krista
Old November 29th 03, 02:26 PM
polonca12000

Poor baby and poor you, Art. I do hope his sniffing the food is a good sign
and you are taking such good care of him, that he *has* to feel much better
really soon.
Continued extra-strong purrs and best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message
snip He actually sniffed at the food this evening, but didn't eat. And