Buster and Little Feet

Old November 29th 03, 05:47 AM
Karen

Default Buster and Little Feet

in article , Mark Edwards at
wrote on 11/28/03 11:36 PM:

As I've mentioned, Buster stayed in with Little Feet while we were
gone for Thanksgiving. I put out extra food, and lots of water, so
neither cat would go hungry or thirsty.

When I got home, Buster's food bowls weren't as empty as Little Feet's
food bowls, which is somewhat unusual, since Little Feet usually raids
the food I put down for Buster.

Well, Little Feet was especially cuddly, laying down close to me,
wherever I went. Buster, on the other hand, found a soft spot near the
back door, away from us all, which is somewhat unusual for him.

At one point, I went to the freezer, which is near the back door, to
find Buster sitting on the desk back there, and Little Feet sitting on
the popcorn can, facing him. Apparently, they had been having a
discussion of some sort...

When Buster saw me, he stood up, looked me in the eye, and said
"MERP!". So I picked him up, and carried him into the living room.
When he eyed his food bowls, I sat him down and told him, "This is
*your* food. If Little Feet told you otherwise, he was lying."

Only after I explained that, did Buster lay into the food, as if he
hadn't eaten for a day. I suspect that Little Feet told him that all
the food was his, and that Buster couldn't have any...

After eating, Buster jumped up in my lap, and started (ouch, ouch,
ouch!) kneading my leg, with all claws out. Little Feet went back to
the couch by the back door, to sulk. I did go get Little Feet and
bring him back to the living room, and I told him how much I love him.

Well, I laid down on the couch to take a nap. Little Feet stretched
out next to me. In a little bit, Buster jumped up to lay on my chest,
being sure to step on Little Feet on the way up. This happened twice
(grin).

Little Feet gave Buster a dirty look, so Buster went off to sulk, but
came back when Little Feet went to get a bite, and sat in my lap.

Little Feet came back, put his paws up on the couch, and started
surveying the couch for a good place to stretch out. At which point,
Buster gave him a backhanded paw, and told him to go away.

I think I've got a little bit of an affection war going on here.

Buster also likes to sit in my lap when I'm on the computer, so he has
been sitting here while I type this.

At one point, he started shifting around, with claws too near my
nether regions for my comfort, so I put him on the corner of the bed.
He immediately walked over to Senyah, meowing his complaints, and to
see if she'd pet him (she did).

After a little while, he gives me a light "mrrrp!" to let me know he's
coming back, then settles into my lap for a few minutes, after which
he gets up, jumps to the bed, and meows for Senyah to pet him some
more.

This has happened three times (grin).

Oh, and he gets to stay in tonight again (BIG grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Sneaky. But it works.

Karen

Old November 29th 03, 05:56 AM
Marina

It sounds as if Little Feet and Buster had better get over their sibling
rivaly, because Buster is taking up residence in the household. LOL about
the food.

--
Marina

Old November 29th 03, 02:32 PM
polonca12000

Marvellous!
Continued best wishes and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
snip Oh, and he gets to stay in tonight again (BIG grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Old November 29th 03, 05:52 PM
Christine Burel

Big grin on my face after reading this, Mark! Good work! Purrs continuing
for Buster and Little Feet to get along.
Christine

Old November 29th 03, 07:04 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 05:36:17 GMT, Mark Edwards
wrote:

[...]

Sounds like the plot to get Senyah to accept him is working ;-)
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]

Old November 29th 03, 09:32 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 05:36:17 GMT, Mark Edwards
wrote:

Mark

"A home is not a home withoutBuster!"
Old November 29th 03, 11:26 PM
Sam Nash

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
snipped
At one point, he started shifting around, with claws too near my
nether regions for my comfort, so I put him on the corner of the bed.
He immediately walked over to Senyah, meowing his complaints, and to
see if she'd pet him (she did).

OK Mark. Sounds like the hook for adoption is set.

Oh, and he gets to stay in tonight again (BIG grin).

Now you just gotta reel Senyah in! Tell Buster that Senyah likes to cuddle
him!

Sam