Do your cats hunt for greeblies?

Old July 13th 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

Default Greeblings or greeblies?

On Jul 13, 12:37*pm, Daniel Mahoney wrote:
I consulted with the experts - my cats. They say that both of you and
Samuel Redcat are correct about the terminology. (BTW they want to
know if Samuel really is a cat.) But they tell me that there are other
subCATegories known only to cats - greebers, greebets, greeblers etc.
I asked if they'd describe them but they refused. They say that
hoomins already know too much about cat affairs.

Samuel Redcat
(http://www.smurgle.net/gallery/displ...om&cat=0&pos=-
2) says he didn't mention the other terms because he's never sure how
much he can disclose without violating the Kitty Code.

I've told my cats that Sammy Redcat is a genuine feline - and a
handsom one at that. Tell Sam that photographers love orange tabbies
because they're so photogenic.
Old July 13th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

I've told my cats that Sammy Redcat is a genuine feline - and a
handsom one at that. Tell Sam that photographers love orange tabbies
because they're so photogenic.

Sammy Redcat & Harri Roadcat both say that it is only reasonable that
photographers would love orange tabbies. The other cats disagree, but
those two insist that orange tabbies are the *most* photogenic.
Old July 13th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kylatte =^. .^=`[_2_]

"Daniel Mahoney"
I've told my cats that Sammy Redcat is a genuine feline - and a
handsom one at that. Tell Sam that photographers love orange tabbies
because they're so photogenic.

Sammy Redcat & Harri Roadcat both say that it is only reasonable that
photographers would love orange tabbies. The other cats disagree, but
those two insist that orange tabbies are the *most* photogenic.

As they should G
Kyla
--who used to be owned by 2 male orange cats, a long time ago.

Old July 13th 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
I've told my cats that Sammy Redcat is a genuine feline - and a
handsom one at that. Tell Sam that photographers love orange tabbies
because they're so photogenic.

Sammy Redcat & Harri Roadcat both say that it is only reasonable that
photographers would love orange tabbies. The other cats disagree, but
those two insist that orange tabbies are the *most* photogenic.

They would definitely be more photogenic than any of the mostly white or
black cats, each of which I have several of (black absorbs the
light/flash, while white reflects it and makes it too bright). I speak
from experience, my HD is chock full of not-fit-for-publication photos
of Ernie, Mimi, Betty, Weeble, Tennessee, Rosie.... and a few of the others.

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old July 13th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Bobcat" wrote in message
I thought they were merely alternative terms for the same entity -
that is, the one that a cat will stare fixedly at or hunt
ferociously, but which cannot be detected by mere humans.
Cheryl

Samuel Redcat suggests that greebling, greeblie, and greeble can be
used interchangeably as far as hoomin use goes. He says the
distinction between them is a little more complicated than most
hoomins are capable of distinguishing.
Dan

I consulted with the experts - my cats. They say that both of you and
Samuel Redcat are correct about the terminology. (BTW they want to
know if Samuel really is a cat.) But they tell me that there are other
subCATegories known only to cats - greebers, greebets, greeblers etc.
I asked if they'd describe them but they refused. They say that
hoomins already know too much about cat affairs.

Dante and Stinky say you've just scratched the surface. They call your
attention to greebleroonies, greeblrinis, greeblitzkis, the hip-hop
greebizzles, the unusually active greebie-jeebies, and from the Southern
Hemisphere, greebleroos.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 13th 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

They would definitely be more photogenic than any of the mostly white or
black cats, each of which I have several of (black absorbs the
light/flash, while white reflects it and makes it too bright). I speak
from experience, my HD is chock full of not-fit-for-publication photos
of Ernie, Mimi, Betty, Weeble, Tennessee, Rosie.... and a few of the others.

I have dozens, if not hundreds, of photos of all the kitties, except
Tabitha. Being all black, I find it very difficult to get a decent photo
of her.
Old July 14th 08, 07:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Jul 13, 8:52*am, Bobcat wrote:
I thought they were merely alternative terms for the same entity -
that is, the one that a cat will stare fixedly at or hunt
ferociously, but which cannot be detected by mere humans.
Cheryl
Samuel Redcat suggests that greebling, greeblie, and greeble can be
used interchangeably as far as hoomin use goes. He says the
distinction between them is a little more complicated than most
hoomins are capable of distinguishing.
Dan

I consulted with the experts - my cats. They say that both of you and
Samuel Redcat are correct about the terminology. (BTW they want to
know if Samuel really is a cat.) But they tell me that there are other
subCATegories known only to cats - greebers, greebets, greeblers etc.
I asked if they'd describe them but they refused. They say that
hoomins already know too much about cat affairs.

I thot greeblies were baby greeblings! Whatever. We get Western
Greeblies which iz fierce. An dey always hide in da paper towels and
toilet paper rolls. Only way to get at 'em properly is to unroll losta
paper. Which means meowmie gets cross. She never reelizes I'm only
doing it to protect her. Even after she took me to TED. That's loyalty
for you.

Nina
Old July 14th 08, 10:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
I've told my cats that Sammy Redcat is a genuine feline - and a
handsom one at that. Tell Sam that photographers love orange tabbies
because they're so photogenic.

Sammy Redcat & Harri Roadcat both say that it is only reasonable that
photographers would love orange tabbies. The other cats disagree, but
those two insist that orange tabbies are the *most* photogenic.

Yes, yes, meow Tiger and Tigger (recently so named!)
Charleen

Old July 14th 08, 10:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

On Jul 13, 4:31*pm, Daniel Mahoney wrote:

I have dozens, if not hundreds, of photos of all the kitties, except
Tabitha. Being all black, I find it very difficult to get a decent photo
of her.

I've had some success photographing Sophie, our little black
butterball. I find she looks best in direct sunlight, because it
accents the sheen of her coat and the features of her little face.

Here's a link to an item on cats staring that includes a closeup of
Sophie's face. It wasn't taken in sunlight, but it still accents her
fur and facial features.

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/thatstare.html

Old July 14th 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Nina, this is Piglet and you are right, they don't understand nutin!!
Everytime we see a roll of paper towels, we know there is something in
there. We, me and O T always unroll it or try to shred it to protect Gramby
but she doesn't appreciate our help. She doesn't yell anymore, she shakes
her head and says "I should have put that away."