A cat forum. CatBanter

Ping: Rene S Need help with anorexic cat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 20th 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Default Ping: Rene S Need help with anorexic cat

"Rene S." wrote in message
In the meantime, have you tried a fish-flavored variety of Fancy Feast?
Ordinarily, I would not encourage feeding this kind of good, but many
cats like it. A previous vet I used called it "McDonalds for cats."

Can you expand on this statement "McDonalds for cats"? I'm not trolling
you on this. We just got a brand new 3 mo old kitten over Christmas and
we're feeding him Fancy Feast and Whiskas dry. Are we doing him a disservice
in some way? He loves the stuff.
It IS the higher priced kitty chow but not as much as the Iams or Science
Diet. We're overseas and obtain our meow chow through the military
commissary so we're fairly limited on choice. We use a local vet instead of
the Army vet because it is a *itch to get an appointment. Local vet pretty
much says feed what he'll eat just not too much. The main reason you perked
my interest on this is our last meowzer died unexpecedly last year at age 12
and the local vet said it was - are you ready for this - a possible heart
Just your thoughts on the Mikkie D 4 kitties thing.