Please slow down

Old July 18th 09, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Brian Link

Default Please slow down

Horrible night last night. I was trying to sleep after pulling four 16
hour shifts. I heard a horrible "thump-meow" out my window. When I
looked out the window, the neighbor's cat was in his death-throes.
Some asshole was speeding down the street and freaked out the cat, who
made an attempt across the street and was mowed down.

First, don't let your cats out if you live in the city. Secondly, if
you live in the city, think about the side-street you're breaking the
speed limit on.

I had bad feelings about this kitty since he was ranging free and
really annoying our inside cats. I feel horrible about my feelings now
- since all he was trying to do was get back home when he came up
against a machine that moved faster than he could.

Tried to warn the neighbors. They said "cats need to live free, and he
was so insistent about going out!".

They didn't see him twitching in death. Or the bystanders dragging him
to the curb so he wouldn't be hit again.

God, it so sucks to love animals.

BLink
"God created all tribes of men, and certainly had a righteous purpose in creating each"
- Geronimo
Old July 18th 09, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
chatnoir

On Jul 17, 6:48*pm, Brian Link wrote:
[...]

A lot of people are of a mind to try and run over cats!

Best bet is to build a cat enclosure outside!:

http://www.catsofaustralia.com/cat-enclosures-2.htm

http://www.catsofaustralia.com/cat-enclosures.htm

http://www.cat-world.com.au/CatEnclosures2.htm
Old July 20th 09, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jweeks

On Jul 17, 8:48*pm, Brian Link wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry for you...and the cat. It's a horrible experience and I
hope the "pet guardians" otherwise known as Owners never get another
animal. Now that the damage is done...perhaps you could cal the
police and ask them to patrol your street more frequently because of
speeders...They probably won't if you tell them it's because of a cat
but you could tell them it's dangerous for pedestrians...sometimes
seeing a police cruiser in the area more frequently makes a
difference...perhaps you could inadvertently save another poor cat
trying to be safe or squirrels or stray dogs....I'm sorry again. ~
Jenny

Computer slow? Pop-ups ? We can help ! [email protected] Cat community 0 January 25th 08 06:52 AM
slow learner Granby Cat anecdotes 8 October 7th 07 01:07 AM
Slow day for Mojo Nik Simpson Cat anecdotes 17 June 23rd 07 07:47 PM
I'm still here; just slow! Ginger-lyn Cat anecdotes 6 February 18th 07 11:03 PM
I'm a bit slow badwilson Cat anecdotes 31 February 28th 04 02:41 AM