Severe Nighttime Problem w/ Dorrie

Old September 25th 04, 03:54 AM
MacCandace

It's all fine and good to wear your rose colored glasses and say
Hilary is "fine" just to seem friendly in the newsgroup.

Actually, Mary pretty much supported what Megan said in one of her posts. I
guess I'm the odd one out here because I just don't think it's "right" to tell
people they're nuts or worthless or have a pointess existence or whatever even
if it's said nicer than that. Some people are more fragile than others and
maybe one of the ways they begin to reach out is through the internet and then
they get slammed here, too, and it makes life all that much ****tier and them
less reluctant to try to reach out again.

But, regardless of that, I don't think people should make such value judgements
based on posts on usenet. In college, we all used to analyze each other ad
nauseum, and play "Truth" and try to hurt each other, I guess, and it was only
years later when I was talking to someone way more evolved than me that I
realized that kind of crap can be very damaging when done by "untrained"
people. You can hurt someone by arbitrarily tossing out that kind of criticism
when you know they are likely to be hurt by it and when you really don't know
what you're talking about anyway. I know, it's usenet and I've enjoyed many a
flamefest with morons but if I think someone is a really timid, easily hurt
kind of person, I don't indulge. It's not sporting. It's like going to a game
preserve and hunting captive animals.

And compared to what has been said since Megan's original post, her post was
pretty innocuous. We all have Hilary figured out and could tell her how to
have a better life and be more like us, apparently.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)
Old September 26th 04, 12:38 AM
Sherry

I think it is a bit weird that she got so worked up
about her cat's gas, but hey, that's no weirder than the guy who
collects and saves fallen whiskers.

Hey! I do that!

Old September 26th 04, 01:24 AM
Mary

"Sherry " wrote in message
I think it is a bit weird that she got so worked up
about her cat's gas, but hey, that's no weirder than the guy who
collects and saves fallen whiskers.

Hey! I do that!

G And besides, since when is weird necessarily a bad thing?