Phoebe's babies - one & a half weeks on

Old September 24th 03, 11:45 PM
Lois Reay

Default Phoebe's babies - one & a half weeks on

Phoebe's babies are now one and a half weeks old - all ten are still hanging
in there - the very smallest one I am supplementary feeding (although I have
seen her feeding off her Mum) this time last week she weighed 60g (don't ask
me what that is in oz's) today she is 82g - so it is progress of sorts - the
heaviest baby is over 200g. Phoebe is such a good Mum.

Yesterday I had a visit from Bev and two of her cat mad friends - they
enjoyed seeing all the babies and the big cats - they were particularly
interested in Freya (B & C Mum) who was due to have her babies today - Freya
made sure she gave them all a *kiss*

We then headed off up the road to a nice little country cafe for lunch
*shouted* by Bev (thanks Bev) the day was absolutely beautiful - a proper
spring day - we spent a very relaxed hour or so, chatting mainly about
cats.

Bev dropped me back off at home picked up her kitty litter - apart from
seeing the kitties that was the main reason for her visit.

After checking on Freya and deciding that nothing was doing I went off to my
line dancing class - arrived back home to find that in my absence she had
delivered - all by herself eight babies!!!!

In a few weeks I wont know if I am coming or going!!

Purrs for the Mum's and me to cope!!
Lois

Old September 25th 03, 12:51 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:45:01 +1200, "Lois Reay"
wrote:

[...]

Glad to hear that Pheobe's babies are all hanging in there and doing
well, especially glad that the littlest one seems to be coming along.

B&C now have 8 more borthers and sisters? Uh oh, that's sounds like
trouble ;-)
Old September 25th 03, 01:05 AM
Gizela

Good luck for the little ones.....and the mums....and you....their mewmie

It was good to hear that Phoebes kitties were all doing well

Angela and Gizmo

Old September 25th 03, 04:29 AM
Christine Burel

Purrs for your stamina, Lois, and for the proud cat moms and their babies in
your household!
Christine

Old September 25th 03, 06:12 AM
Jo Firey

Freya is the one that wants to do everything on her own isn't she? Got to love an
independent cat. May all be well and peaceful for all God's creatures in your home.

Jo
--
"Dogs may have kept us company on the hunt, but it was the cats who
insisted we invent houses and discover fire." -- Khiem Tran

Old September 25th 03, 10:40 AM
polonca12000

Purrs, best wishes and gentle scritches for all the babies and their two
tired moms,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Lois Reay" wrote in message
Phoebe's babies are now one and a half weeks old - all ten are still

hanging
in there - the very smallest one I am supplementary feeding (although I

have
seen her feeding off her Mum) this time last week she weighed 60g (don't

ask
me what that is in oz's) today she is 82g - so it is progress of sorts -

the
heaviest baby is over 200g. Phoebe is such a good Mum.

snip After checking on Freya and deciding that nothing was doing I went

Old September 25th 03, 04:56 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Lois Reay wrote:
line dancing class - arrived back home to find that in my absence she had
delivered - all by herself eight babies!!!!

Wow! Is it normal for Burmese queens to have such large litters?

In a few weeks I wont know if I am coming or going!!

No kidding! 18 hoolikittens running amok!!!!

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old September 25th 03, 05:15 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "Lois Reay"
wrote:

Purrs for the Mum's and me to cope!!
Lois

Purrs sent. Enjoy the mayhem, and don't forget to write about it.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.
Old September 25th 03, 10:16 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 06:56:32 +1200, "Lois Reay"
wrote:

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
Wow! Is it normal for Burmese queens to have such large litters?

Yes, Burmese are known for their large litters but Ten and eight are a bit
over the top!!
Phoebe has had eight before - her usual is six or seven.
I didn't expect eight from Freya - I thought six

In a few weeks I wont know if I am coming or going!!

No kidding! 18 hoolikittens running amok!!!!

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Congratulations and very best wishes in taking care of 18 kittens and
their mothers! MLB
Old September 26th 03, 06:58 PM
Seanette Blaylock

"Adrian" had some very interesting things to
say about Phoebe's babies - one & a half weeks on:
Seanette Blaylock wrote:
"Lois Reay" had some very interesting things to
say about Phoebe's babies - one & a half weeks on:
Phoebe's babies are now one and a half weeks old - all ten are still
hanging in there - the very smallest one I am supplementary feeding
(although I have seen her feeding off her Mum) this time last week
she weighed 60g (don't ask me what that is in oz's) today she is 82g
- so it is progress of sorts - the heaviest baby is over 200g.
Phoebe is such a good Mum.

2.11644 oz, 2.89246 oz., and 7.05479 oz., respectively [or so says the
conversion program in my Palm :-)].

Can you be a little more precise? ;-)

I'm sure I can find software somewhere that'll do that. My apologies
for the sloppiness. :-)

--
Seanette Blaylock
"You attribute perfect rationality to the whole of humanity, which has