PIZZA!!!! Here's your new thread Matthew

Old July 31st 08, 11:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Default PIZZA!!!! Here's your new thread Matthew

Adrian wrote:

Am I the only one here who doesn't like pizza?

I only like what I call "proper" pizza and there are too few places in the UK
that are any good- Pizza Express is about the best. When I worked at Queen
Mary College, the Student Union sold pizza cooked in a proper wood burning
pizza stove, which is a whole different dish from most pizza we get over here!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 31st 08, 11:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

tanadashoes wrote:

I've noticed that you can't get shrimp pizza over here though we had
no problems getting it on the west coast. You also have to make your
own clam dip here as the stores don't carry it. Pepperoni is a
universal, but the size seems interesting as the west coast has the
2-3 inch diameter pieces and here is the 1-2 inch diameter pieces,
or even the chopped pepperoni. Canadian bacon is rare over here,
though common on the west coast. Any other observations on pizza and
it's toppings?
Pam S.

I used to be able to find clam and garlic pizza, shrimp and garlic pizza,
white pizza (with spinach), and here it's all the typical pepperoni,
sausage, meatball, hamburger, bacon, ham, green pepper, onion, olive,
mushroom, onion, pineapple toppings.

I can't find decent toppings around here! What's wrong with spinach and
fresh tomatoes? Where's the real Canadian bacon? Where's the fresh garlic?

The last time I had a decent pizza in Florida, sadly, was when I was
continuously going to the Mayo Clinic up in Jacksonville. Every time we
went, we hit Al's Pizza. http://www.alspizza.com/menu.asp#pizza It was
really good, excellent service, and a great pizza menu. It was like my
little gift to myself for going through all the crap I was going through.
They had a *really* thin crust - honestly, *really* thin - and a great
topping selection. I loved that place.

kili

Old July 31st 08, 12:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Adrian wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
tanadashoes wrote:
When we were down in Florida, Matthew and Christine were
discussing home made pizzas and how to properly make them.
Matthew not only knows extensively about them, but is very
artistic with the hand and arm gestures when talking about making
the crust. I wouldn't know about making crust as I cheat and
roll out the Pillsbury pizza crust as flat as I can and then tuck
string cheese in the rim so that I get stuffed crust. I'm much
better with toppings and one of my pizzas cost much more than the
ones you can get delivered.

Which makes me think. Of those that get their pizzas delivered,
which pizza do you order? We used to insist on Pizza Hut (that
stuffed crust thing) rather than Papa John's or Domino's. But a
new delivery place recently opened up called "Marco's" that is 3x
as good as Pizza Hut. So we only order Marco's and eat pizza
less often as it is worth not getting pizza more than once a
month.

Pam S.

I only ever have luck with thin crust pizza dough, which is fine
because I prefer them that way.

Last time I ordered a pizza it was from Papa John's. I have no idea
what's available (if anything) where I am in SC at the moment. I
think I saw a Dominoes but you'd have to hold a gun to my head
first!

Jill

Am I the only one here who doesn't like pizza?

I can take it or leave it. Pizza doesn't thrill me.

Jill
Old July 31st 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

I am going to make sure I let you know the next time it is on the food
network
It I trial and effort to get it right I probably ruined about 20 pieces of
dough till I got it right. Now I still don't throw it in the air still
haven't got the knack for that yet

"kilikini" wrote in message
. com...
Matthew wrote:
"tanadashoes" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you for the new thread that other one needs to die or at least
be restarted ;-)

I get that from my friends from New York too many Italians around it
is a wise guy thing ;-)

As for ordering if and when I do it has to be from a wood oven around
here is Papa Joe's unless I drive to Orlando and their is a
place called Michealango's New York pizza that does real oven brick
that is heated from coal. Thin crust 30 inch around

I still can do better than almost any of those places out there and
I can do the oven brick at home on the BBQ grill.

Nothing beats fresh toppings, fresh dough and a crispy stuffed crust
with fresh mozzarella

Okay, you're going to have to talk me through it one of these days, my
friend. We've had two failed attempts. Maybe we could just get you over
here to Zipperhell and show us how to properly prepare a pizza dough. I
can handle the sauce, but I'm a novice at dough. OR, maybe we should
drive over to your house - I dunno.

There is one place in town that has a wood-fired pizza oven called
Manolo's. It's one of the few independently owned restaurants in town
(meaning, non-chain). Still, though, I think their crust is just "okay".
It's a little too thick and inconsistent. Sometimes it's charred and
sometimes it's wet and doughy. Plus, it's only about 14" and always costs
close to $30. Ahem. Granted, I don't eat much at *all*, but that's an
expensive pizza even if it takes you 3 days to eat it. Oh, and I usually
only get 3 toppings.

So, Mr. Matthew, if you're ever up for it, help a guy and girl out. :~)
We've got the pizza peel, the pizza stone, the flour, honey (if needed),
sugar, yeast.......we can get the rest.

kili

Old July 31st 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Adrian wrote:

jmcquown wrote:

Last time I ordered a pizza it was from Papa John's. I have no idea
what's available (if anything) where I am in SC at the moment. I
think I saw a Dominoes but you'd have to hold a gun to my head first!

Am I the only one here who doesn't like pizza?

You might be.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 31st 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Yowie" wrote in message

Hmmm... I wonder if us Aussies have different pizza styles to you folk
over the other side of the pond.

Here's the links to some chain pizza places:
http://www.pizzahut.com.au (you'll need a postcode. Mine is 2530.You could
try and see the differences in menus across the states - all Australian
postcodes are 4 digits)
http://www.dominos.com.au
http://www.eagleboys.com.au

But there's also "Italian family" type pizzarias that may or many not be
on the web, and may or may not have traditional Italian style pizza. Thse
folks would make their own dough from their family recipe and put
'whatever' on their pizza. Rocket, provolone, anchovies, slices of tomato
and fresh basil on a crust just barely painted with a tomato sauce.
Yummmmmm. But nothing like the pizza you'd buy at a chain, nor like other
pizzas from other 'Italian Pizzeria' places that make pizzas that are more
Australian style than Italian.

I'm playing in Pizza Hut's Aussie site right now and already I've noticed a
few ingredient differences in the toppings. If I recall correctly, our
Supremes don't include pineapple, Kransky (some type of sausage?), or
capsicum. They tend to have pepperoni, Italian sausage, green pepper,
onion, mushrooms, sliced olives (same as olive wedges) and mozzarella
cheese. I probably have forgot something, but those are the basics. I
haven't gone much further than that. The Hawaiian pizzas are the same.

Mandy and Rob prefer Mario's Hawaiian, as it includes grilled chicken and a
few other things to the basic ham and pineapple.

Pam S. fascinated

Old July 31st 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"kilikini" wrote in message
. com...

[...]

Those pizzas look yummy. Good idea to treat yourself after going through
the clinic mess. I don't understand how you can stay so thin if you eat
this stuff.

Pam S.

Old July 31st 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

tanadashoes wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in message
. com...

[...]

Because it takes me about 3 days to eat a personal pizza, silly. :~)

kili

Old August 1st 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathy[_2_]

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/3 packages active dry yeast
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1-1/4 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon white sugar
1-1/3 cups warm water

Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm
water. Spread out on a large pizza pan. put what you want on it just make
sure any product is not to wet
Bake at 375 degrees for around 20 minutes

How do you measure a third of a package of yeast?

^..^

Kathy

Old August 1st 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 31, 5:12*am, "Adrian" wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

Cats leave pawprints on your hearthttp://community.webshots.com/user/clowderuk- Hide quoted text -

I don't like it much either, Adrian. Even before I was trying to eat
healthy, I could
take it or leave it.

Sherry

PIZZA BOYS! Karen Cat anecdotes 6 December 29th 07 02:46 PM
Cat Pizza Norm Cat anecdotes 13 January 10th 06 11:56 AM
HEEZ SITTIN ON THE PIZZA!!!!!!!! Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 4 December 23rd 05 04:18 AM
Attack of the pizza rings! Sandy Cat anecdotes 2 May 24th 05 02:39 AM
OT - Ordering Pizza Duke of URL Cat anecdotes 14 August 19th 04 03:51 AM