Magical cats

Old September 25th 09, 05:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

Default Magical cats

Last weekend Nancy and I adopted a dog. Starr is a 6 month old Lab mix,
and she and the cats are still getting used to each other. Since the cats
are taking their time about getting acquainted, they still hold a
fascination for Starr.

Last night I was sitting in the living room reading and watching TV.
Starr had climbed up in my lap for snuggles, and Ranger decided to come
check things out. He took a position mostly behind my chair where he
could see Starr and she could see him. After a few minutes he strolled
past the side of the chair and, as he passed Starr, flicked his tail. The
beautiful grey tail tickled Starr's nose, so she had to get down on the
floor to investigate.

Ranger saw her getting down, so he dashed over to the stairs and ran up
to the second floor. Starr was paying attention to where her paws were
going so she didn't see Ranger run off. When she got down she searched
carefully around the coffee table, behind my chair, and all around the
living room. She returned to my lap eventually, but continued to glance
behind the chair to see if she could spot the kitty that turned invisible.

The poor girl was trying to figure out if the kitty vanished, became
invisible, or teleported somewhere. I think that's a good introduction
for her. The sooner she figures out that kitties are magical critters the
better it will be for everyone.
Old September 25th 09, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Dan M wrote:
snip
The poor girl was trying to figure out if the kitty vanished, became
invisible, or teleported somewhere. I think that's a good introduction
for her. The sooner she figures out that kitties are magical critters the
better it will be for everyone.

Aww! Congratulatios on your new addition, and purrs for the integration.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old September 25th 09, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_4_]

"Dan M" wrote

| Last weekend Nancy and I adopted a dog. Starr is a 6 month old Lab mix,

Congrats on the new family member.

Got pics?

Old September 25th 09, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Amelia T Cat

http://www.iowaweb.us/wordpress
Old September 25th 09, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Dan M" wrote in message
[...]

How cute! Nothing better than dog and cat buddies. Purrs that she
integrates well.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old October 5th 09, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Dan M" wrote in message
Last weekend Nancy and I adopted a dog. Starr is a 6 month old Lab mix,
and she and the cats are still getting used to each other. Since the cats
are taking their time about getting acquainted, they still hold a
fascination for Starr.

Congrats on the new member of your clowder. Your owners will have her
trained up in no time. Ours have the d-thing still thinking that he is a
cat.

Pam S.