How long have most of your cats....

Old May 5th 09, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
LauraM[_2_]

Default How long have most of your cats....

On Apr 30, 12:31*pm, (Gloria) wrote:
lived? How many years?

My first kitty, Pandora (or "Pandy" as we called her) must've eaten
some sort of poison because we found her outside behind a large rock.
She was an indoor/outdoor cat. I was heartbroken because she was only
four.

Our second cat, Tabitha, lived till she was about 12. She was an
indoor/outdoor kitty too, but mostly stayed inside. She died of
cancer.

My third cat, Keoki (which was the first cat I had when I was on my
own), lived until nine when she also had cancer. I first saw her eye
looked odd, took her into the vet and within two days I had an
appointment with a cat opthomologist. It was cancer. I had her eye
removed, but evidentally I didn't catch it in time. About three
months later, she died.

I was devastated and swore I wouldn't get any more cats. (yeah,
right). Enter: Emma & Hobbes six months later. Emma lived until she
was nine and died of IBS!! Stupid vet. Hobbes is still with me,
although he's had his issues: urinary blockage and age three and had
to have him made into a "girl" (poor boy). Then recently a pancreatic
attack and megacolon. But all is well now, and he's 13. I hope he's
with me a long time.

Thanks for asking this....I hadn't thought about all my cats "in
order" before. I smiled as I was remembering little antics that each
cat used to possess.
Old May 10th 09, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gloria

Default How long have most of your cats....(Laura M)

Thinking about our past cats I think is a good thing......they were our
FRIENDS ( our friends FOREVER) and we should never forget them. I've
made little photo albums, scrapbooks with notes and pictures....on all
my pets. I hope your 13 yr old one lives to be 20 or more :-).

Old May 12th 09, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
LauraM[_2_]

On May 9, 6:14*pm, (Gloria) wrote:
Thinking about our past cats I think is a good thing......they were our
FRIENDS ( our friends FOREVER) and we should never forget them. I've
made little photo albums, scrapbooks with notes and pictures....on all
my pets. I hope your 13 yr old one lives to be 20 or more :-).

Thank you, Gloria! Sometimes I can feel Emma around. I had a dream
about her once and in the dream she was older...had more greying
around the mouth. I have pictures of all my babies. My mom framed
one of me and my first cat when I was 8 and gave it to me a year ago.
She was cleaning out some closets, found the picture and thought I'd
enjoy seeing it. It's sitting on a dresser in our guest room.
Old May 12th 09, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Peg Caldwell-Ott

On Tue, 5 May 2009 13:29:42 -0700 (PDT), LauraM
wrote:

On Apr 30, 12:31*pm, (Gloria) wrote:
lived? How many years?

We have only had three cats. Two are still alive--Alino at almost 19
and Pemberton at almost 3. Amaretto was 17 when he died. He had
diabetes for 12 years and it was under control, but he went into
kidney failure after eating food contaminated with Chinese grain--he
must have been one of the first victiims, since we only learned that
his food was contaminated shortly after he died. His half brother,
Alino is still alive. Our vet told us that Amaretto's diabetes was
definitely a contributing factor in his death--he might have survived
(as Alino did) if it had not been for the disease.

He died on April 7, 2007--and we still miss him dreadfully! RIP our
sweet little love!! You are most definitely an angel on our shoulder!!

PegNDerek