Update on Smudge, the feral kitty

Old January 24th 04, 04:56 PM
Junebug

Default Update on Smudge, the feral kitty

Hi everyone!

Several months ago I wrote about a white feral cat that was making her home
on my balcony. I had named her "Smudge" because she had one sooty mark on
her forehead. She was eventually trapped by a wonderful lady, Penny of
"Forgotten Felines", and was spayed, inoculated, and tamed down. I was just
informed by Penny that Smudge has been adopted out to a wonderful family.
Penny thoroughly screens those that adopt from her as she would rather
continue to care for the cats rather than just adopt out willy-nilly. This
has made my day!

Now I have another white female cat which I believe is Smudge's mother
making her home on my balcony. She has the same markings as Smudge, no
less. One more for Penny's trap. (Sigh, what is it with me and white
cats???) I have named her "Victoria" (for Queen Victoria) because she is
definitely the matriarch in this area and rules the roost on my balcony--a
few noisy cat fights at night, lol. I have told Penny about her, and
Penny advised me she will be out to get her trapped as soon as she can.
Meanwhile I continue to feed her and have put a box out with old clothes in
it for shelter. Can't do anymore.

Thought you would like the update. Say a few purrs and prayers please that
we can get Victoria into Penny's hands soon.

Junebug

Old January 24th 04, 05:33 PM
Lisa Katt

Junebug skrev i meddelandet ...
[...]

That is good news about Smudge.
Purrs that Victoria will have the same good luck.
Tell Penny she is an angel.
Elisabet and Hugo Katt

Old January 24th 04, 06:22 PM
Bev

Lisa Katt wrote:

[...]

What a wonderful rescue story. Let's hope that Penny can help
Victoria.

Bev
--
I believe in an open mind, but not so open
that your brains fall out.
Old January 24th 04, 06:58 PM
Adrian

"Junebug" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you for the update, it's good to know Smudge now has a foreverhome. Do
you know if she's still called Smudge? Good luck with Victoria, purrs.
--
Adrian
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old January 24th 04, 07:39 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:56:21 GMT, "Junebug"
wrote:

Hi everyone!

Several months ago I wrote about a white feral cat that was making her home
on my balcony. I had named her "Smudge" because she had one sooty mark on
her forehead. She was eventually trapped by a wonderful lady, Penny of
"Forgotten Felines", and was spayed, inoculated, and tamed down. I was just
informed by Penny that Smudge has been adopted out to a wonderful family.
Penny thoroughly screens those that adopt from her as she would rather
continue to care for the cats rather than just adopt out willy-nilly. This
has made my day!

Thanks for the Smudge update. Great to hear that Penny was about to
place her in a good home, and purring that this will work out to be
her Onetruehome

Now I have another white female cat which I believe is Smudge's mother
making her home on my balcony. She has the same markings as Smudge, no
less. One more for Penny's trap. (Sigh, what is it with me and white
cats???) I have named her "Victoria" (for Queen Victoria) because she is
definitely the matriarch in this area and rules the roost on my balcony--a
few noisy cat fights at night, lol. I have told Penny about her, and
Penny advised me she will be out to get her trapped as soon as she can.
Meanwhile I continue to feed her and have put a box out with old clothes in
it for shelter. Can't do anymore.

Thought you would like the update. Say a few purrs and prayers please that
we can get Victoria into Penny's hands soon.

Junebug

Purrs coming that Victoria will soon follow Smudge in finding her
oneturehome
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old January 25th 04, 12:23 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 07:22:37 +1300, Bev wrote:

Lisa Katt wrote:

[...]

Heartfelt purrs for Victoria. May she be neutered and find a good
home. Blessings on Penny!
Old January 25th 04, 09:36 AM
polonca12000

So wonderful to hear Smudge has found her onetruehome, thanks to you and
Penny.
Lots of best wishes and purrs for Victoria to find her onetruehome also,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Junebug" wrote in message
Hi everyone!

Several months ago I wrote about a white feral cat that was making her

home
on my balcony. I had named her "Smudge" because she had one sooty mark on
her forehead. She was eventually trapped by a wonderful lady, Penny of
"Forgotten Felines", and was spayed, inoculated, and tamed down. I was

just
informed by Penny that Smudge has been adopted out to a wonderful family.

snip

kitty vs puss Brenda Cat anecdotes 30 January 26th 04 04:28 PM
Nice Update on B5's creator, J.Michael Straczynski & Buddy the cat Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 8 January 19th 04 11:01 AM
Please purr for Little Black Kitty RB lewe Cat anecdotes 16 December 8th 03 10:56 PM
The Stray Kitty. (VERY LONG) Flippy Cat anecdotes 24 November 9th 03 09:48 PM
Smudge is too nice! [email protected] Cat anecdotes 12 September 2nd 03 04:08 PM