Another Hunter Update - Redo

Old April 15th 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Another Hunter Update - Redo

Sorry if this is a duplicate post - if I use a subject line that was used
before it seems to get buried way down in a much earlier date. Anyway...

He's really settling in now - he loves being able to roam about a bit more
rather than being cooped up in that one small bedroom (we only confine him
there at night). He is playing much more both interactively with me and by
himself with stuffed mice (although when I catch him playing he still gets
startled and crouches down like he's done something wrong. I have to go pet
and praise him for his hunting/playing skills to reassure him that he's not
being a bad boy and doing something he's not supposed to.

He's really anxious to get out and meet everybody. He'll lay at the end of
the hall with his little paws stuck out from under the folding door and
wiggle them and MROW for someone to come play with him. Ozzy is fascinated
with the disembodied paws, he'll sit and stare at them but will not go near
them. Archer hisses at the paws. Sammy gives the paws a WIDE berth when
she passes by. Jessie doesn't deign to go near them (she jumps on the stair
rail and then down two steps when she wants to go downstairs). Demi
completely ignores the paws (I think on the theory that if she doesn't
acknowledge them they'll magically go away). Hunter just keeps wiggling his
paws hoping that somebody will play pawsy with him. Even though he gets
hissed at, he never hisses back and doesn't seem either aggressive or scared
of the other cats in the house.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters he http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old April 15th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Sweet boy! (melt)

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old April 15th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
He's really settling in now - he loves being able to roam about a bit
more rather than being cooped up in that one small bedroom (we only
confine him there at night). He is playing much more both
interactively with me and by himself with stuffed mice (although when
I catch him playing he still gets startled and crouches down like
he's done something wrong. I have to go pet and praise him for his
hunting/playing skills to reassure him that he's not being a bad boy
and doing something he's not supposed to.

Awww, poor boy just doesn't know it's not *bad* to play.

He's really anxious to get out and meet everybody. He'll lay at the
end of the hall with his little paws stuck out from under the folding
door and wiggle them and MROW for someone to come play with him. Ozzy is
fascinated with the disembodied paws, he'll sit and stare at
them but will not go near them. Archer hisses at the paws. Sammy
gives the paws a WIDE berth when she passes by. Jessie doesn't deign
to go near them (she jumps on the stair rail and then down two steps
when she wants to go downstairs). Demi completely ignores the paws
(I think on the theory that if she doesn't acknowledge them they'll
magically go away). Hunter just keeps wiggling his paws hoping that
somebody will play pawsy with him. Even though he gets hissed at, he
never hisses back and doesn't seem either aggressive or scared of the
other cats in the house.

This is wonderful! It may take them some time (hope Sammy's doing better
with the anxiety!) but it sounds like he's ready to come on in and make
friends.

Jill

Old April 15th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
He's really settling in now - he loves being able to roam about a bit
more rather than being cooped up in that one small bedroom (we only
confine him there at night). He is playing much more both
interactively with me and by himself with stuffed mice (although when
I catch him playing he still gets startled and crouches down like
he's done something wrong. I have to go pet and praise him for his
hunting/playing skills to reassure him that he's not being a bad boy
and doing something he's not supposed to.

Awww, poor boy just doesn't know it's not *bad* to play.

I know, it breaks my heart every time I see him startle and crouch down like
that - makes me wonder who did what to him to cause that reaction.

[...]

Yep, I think so. He's so laid back and friendly, he can't wait to meet
everyone - this one's going to be a lap fungus, I can tell.

Sammy is doing MUCH better with the Homeopet Anxiety - she's not hiding
under the bed at all, she stays upstairs with us, and she's eating again.
I'm going to keep giving it to her until Hunter is totally integrated into
the clowder.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 15th 08, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

I wonder if that stuff would help when I drive back to SC with Persia? I'm
anticipating her being very anxious. And since I'll probably stop at a
motel halfway I can just imagine her yowling her head off in a strange room,
wreaking all sorts of havoc with the other guests. Did you say you got it
from your vet?

Jill

Old April 16th 08, 02:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

I bought it from the vet, but it's an OTC homeopathic remedy - if you have
time you can order it over the internet much, much cheaper. I've heard
Bach's Remedy will help also. I'd start giving it to her a few days in
advance of the trip. You can either give them it directly, put it in their
water (I didn't since all mine share water and drink very little water since
they eat canned), or you can rub it on the inside of their ear. You can
also put it on their paw so they'll lick it off. The Homeopet must taste
OK, Sammy really doesn't object to taking it directly into her mouth.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Hunter Update CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 6 April 15th 08 10:21 PM
Hunter Update CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 0 April 6th 08 10:50 PM
Hunter and Melba update Jan 29th Susan M[_3_] Cat anecdotes 5 February 8th 08 09:54 PM
Cat hunter Mermaid Cat rescue 10 June 2nd 04 03:10 AM
Update on 'Ed'...my hunter and gatherer IdTattooU Cat health & behaviour 2 July 29th 03 01:55 PM