New home wanted by Sammy

Old March 9th 04, 10:21 PM
Steve Touchstone

Default New home wanted by Sammy

At first I thought it was kind of funny when he started talking about
momma Little Bit and Rocky getting fluffier. I happily translated that
to mean they were FAT, and told them so as often as I thought I could
and still live.

You see, back when Momma first moved in, before I was even born, TED
told the hoomin that the major brand cat foods at the super market
would provide a good diet. So, all my life I've been happily eating
Fancy Feast, with a little Meow Mix on the side.

A couple days ago the hoomin decreed that we were going to start
eating better. I took this to mean that we'd be eating more yummy
food, but actually he meant the exact opposite. We going to start
eating HEALTHY food.

A big part of the problem is that the hoomin reads stuff on the
computer. Just last night the hoomin was trying to get me to read some
page on the computer that rated nutritional values of various foods.
OK, if the OLD cats are getting fat, PUT THEM on a DIET! Why should I
have to suffer like this?

Since I'm looking for a new home where I can get decent food, I should
point out that some of the posters in this very newsgroup put this
idea in his head. So, if you buy that HEALTHY stuff, don't bother
applying to become my new slaves.

All those interested in being enslaved by a beautiful three year old,
playful, and LEAN tuxedo kitty, apply to the address below. I will
only agree to live where GOOD food is provided, so applicants need to
provide a menu.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old March 10th 04, 02:57 AM
badwilson

Oooops, I guess I don't qualify ;-) See my post in thread "Cheap
catfood..."
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old March 10th 04, 05:30 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:57:44 +0700, "badwilson"
wrote:

Oooops, I guess I don't qualify ;-) See my post in thread "Cheap
catfood..."

Nope you're off the list of possible new slaves. Iams and SD are what
our hoomin brought home. He brought a couple cans of each flavor. They
all taste like cr*p.

I've tried to organize a hunger strike with old man Rocky and Momma
Little Bit, but no go. Rocky is a lot pickier than when he first moved
in, but he still eats the new stuff. Momma doesn't like it, but after
turning her nose up at it the first time she gives in and eats it the
second or third time of going to the bowl. So, I guess I'm on my own.

Don't tell the hoomin I said this, but the beef flavored Iams wasn't
too bad tonight.

Signed
Sammy the starving kitten

--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old March 10th 04, 06:13 AM
Marina

"Steve Touchstone" wrote
[...]

You poor starving little kitten! I would invite you over, if we weren't on
the other side of the world from you. We get canned food every second day,
and fresh meat or fish every second day. We also get a bedtime snack of
kibble every evening before the hoomin goes to bed (she thinks it's our
bedtime snack, but of course it's really the sign for us to go tearing
around the flat and yowl at the top of our lungs). And that's not all, we
both get a snack of sour cream mornings and evenings. Meowmie thinks she is
so smart, hiding our meds in the sour cream, but we are on to her and let
her do it just so we can have sour cream twice a day (except Nikki leads the
hoomin on a game of chase every once in a while. It's quite funny to watch
them as Nikki runs ahead and the hoomin follows her around and around the
flat with the bowl. Then Nikki slinks under the bed and the hoomin crawls
after on her hands and knees. Great entertainment). If you can figure out
how to emigrate to Finland, we'll be happy to share with you. And if you
think you can deal with Nikki's shenanigans.

--
Frankie

Old March 10th 04, 06:48 AM
LOL

Steve Touchstone wrote in message . ..
At first I thought it was kind of funny when he started talking about
momma Little Bit and Rocky getting fluffier. I happily translated that
to mean they were FAT, and told them so as often as I thought I could
and still live.

(snippety)

I'm sorry, Sammy, but it is the eternal fate of three-year-olds to be
made to eat icky healthy stuff. Here at home we eat only Purina UR,
which is good for kitties with urinary issues, and at the office we're
currently serving reduced-calorie Pro Plan, as the office cats are
waaaay fluffy. So we're no help, but we do sympathize.

------
Krista
Typing with an armload of Mikeycat
It's amazing how heavy 7.5 pounds can get
Old March 10th 04, 12:30 PM
jmcquown

LOL wrote:
Steve Touchstone wrote in message
. ..
At first I thought it was kind of funny when he started talking about
momma Little Bit and Rocky getting fluffier. I happily translated
that
to mean they were FAT, and told them so as often as I thought I could
and still live.

(snippety)

I'm sorry, Sammy, but it is the eternal fate of three-year-olds to be
made to eat icky healthy stuff. Here at home we eat only Purina UR,
which is good for kitties with urinary issues, and at the office we're
currently serving reduced-calorie Pro Plan, as the office cats are
waaaay fluffy. So we're no help, but we do sympathize.

------
Krista
Typing with an armload of Mikeycat
It's amazing how heavy 7.5 pounds can get

Yeah, poor Persia gets Purina UR these days, too. But I did manage to sneak
in a couple of cans of Fancy Feast as long as I give her some UR to go with
it. And I found cranberry treats for her, which she seems to like. She's a
sleek 11 lbs. now, rather than 16, which alarmed me at first. Then I
realized hell, she's on the same damn diet I'm on!

Jill

Old March 11th 04, 01:42 AM
Stacey

[...]

Sammy -

Here we get a third of a (large) can of CDT-4 UT healthy moist food a day.
Unless you are Nancy, then you get a cupful of store brand dry food (she is
on a no-moist food diet this week, but she may change her mind next week).
TED says it's healthy, at least for Mr. Bob who *has* to have that brand,
but we think it tastes great!

I'd love to have you live with us, I need a playmate!

Moogie

Old March 11th 04, 01:44 AM
Stacey

"Marina" wrote in message

"Steve Touchstone" wrote
[...]

Sorry, Sammy, I've decided to move in with Frank N Nikki!

Moogie

Old March 11th 04, 04:01 AM
LOL

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...
LOL wrote:

Yeah, poor Persia gets Purina UR these days, too. But I did manage to sneak
in a couple of cans of Fancy Feast as long as I give her some UR to go with
it. And I found cranberry treats for her, which she seems to like. She's a
sleek 11 lbs. now, rather than 16, which alarmed me at first. Then I
realized hell, she's on the same damn diet I'm on!

Jill

Arggh, I'd meant to ask you about the cranberry treats when you posted
about them recently, but forgot. Where'd you get them? Did your TED
recommend them? I finally was able to badger our TED into telling me
how many treats was too many, instead of just saying "none" because
Mike's supposed to eat only UR food; he is by golly going to get a
treat after taking his nasty Tapazole. I am wondering whether the
cranberry treats would slightly lessen TED's disapproval. ;-)

------
Krista

PS: On your diet do you get Fancy Feast on Saturdays? :-P