Typhoon headed toward Tokyo

Old September 5th 07, 12:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cantate

Default Typhoon headed toward Tokyo

....the good news is that our school has "late start" (we don't have to
be there till 10:30, if at all, depending on whether the typhoon is
almost past by then or if it will hit later). The other good news is
that all pets are inside and catnip has been liberally sprinkled to
keep everybody happy. (It's Paulette's first introduction to catnip--
hope it won't lead her astray into a decadent lifestyle!)

The bad news is that a couple of weeks ago my street (at the top of a
hill but with a depression in the middle) flooded and came into our
entranceways, floated our potted plants into each other's yards, and
generally caused a mess. (And when I think about all the outdoor cats
in the area who use the ground as... well... you know... just think of
all the crud in that water I was wading in!) The neighbors have
prepared for this one by putting sandbags out. I don't have
sandbags. (And no, kitty litter bags won't work. I use wood
pellets.) I don't think it would be able to come any higher than it
did last week, though, so we should be fine.

Sounds like Felix made a mess. I pray that Henriette doesn't, and
that all of you are safe and purring.

Cantate

Old September 5th 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Cantate" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Purring for all in the path of winds-- we have special sympathy since our
Brooklyn tornado.

Old September 5th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-09-05 06:18:09 -0500, Cantate said:

[...]

Purrs for a miss or at least minimal damage.

Old September 5th 07, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez[_2_]

On Sep 5, 6:18 am, Cantate wrote:
pellets.) I don't think it would be able to come any higher than it
did last week, though, so we should be fine.

Lots of purrs on the way!!!

Victor

Old September 5th 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julian the Fool

Cantate wrote:
[...]

I would say mine are purring up a storm for you to stay safe, let's just say
they'll purr for you. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old September 5th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 11:18:09 +0000, Cantate wrote:

[...]

We shall purr for the safety of all concerned. Last evening, we had a
terrific windstorm (not typhoon) with 70 mph winds that took out large
trees, roof, windows, etc. ...lots of lightning and very loud thunder.
TuTu was scared and huddled around my feet Thousand of home were without
power for several hours ( I have not heard the latest figures). So will
purrs that the expected storms dissipates quickly. MLB

Old September 5th 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Cantate" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

My garage occasionally floods if we get a lot of rain. I don't have
sandbags either, so I made my own. I save the plastic bags my newspapers
come in and fill them with kitty litter. They work fine.

Joy

Old September 5th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 12:39:06 -0700, Joy wrote:

"Cantate" wrote in message
oups.com...
[quoted text muted]

My garage occasionally floods if we get a lot of rain. I don't have
sandbags either, so I made my own. I save the plastic bags my newspapers
come in and fill them with kitty litter. They work fine.

Joy

Good idea. Do the cats use it first? MLB

Old September 5th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cantate

Good idea. Do the cats use it first? MLB

EEEEEWWWWW!

Typhoon has slowed down so we probably won't get it till tonight.
However, we still have a late start. Otherwise I'd already be in the
middle of my first class. :*)

Thanks for purrs; I'll keep you posted.

Cantate

Old September 6th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

Cantate wrote:
[...]

Purrs that it doesn't cause more damage.

Sam