Correction: Abelard Found STANDING in pool.....

Old July 19th 04, 01:41 AM
Pat

Default Correction: Abelard Found STANDING in pool.....

EOM

Sorry - again ---- How TERRIBLE of me.

Old July 19th 04, 03:03 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old July 19th 04, 03:48 AM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , John F.
Eldredge wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 19:41:42 -0500, "Pat"
wrote:

EOM

Sorry - again ---- How TERRIBLE of me.

I mostly take showers, but, one night recently, I decided to take a
tub bath. Cinders came into the room, hopped up on the edge of the
tub, and got a good head-scratching. I was amused that she didn't
seem to notice, or at least care, that the last two inches or so of
her tail were dangling into the water.

Clifford (RB) was a large cat, coal black except that the last inch of
his extra-long and thick-furred tail was snow white. As far as we could
tell, the tail had some autonomy. He never completely worked out who
was in charge, after, for example, his experiences as a kitten when a
white blob would chase him, no matter how hard he ran, no matter how
many times he looked over his shoulder.

One of my luxuries is a bubble bath. Clifford would climb on to my chest
and curl up, purring, and forget the status of his tail. As it got
increasingly waterlogged, and he cheerully switched it, it would start
to feel as if I was being clubbed! So, I'd have to reach down
periodically and wring out his tail.

Clifford definitely understood the game of hide and seek, but considered
it very much a rules violation if he was found merely because his tail
stuck up. He made it clear that he believed his tail to be invisible
when playing such games.
Old July 19th 04, 06:12 PM
SUQKRT

In article , Howard Berkowitz
wrote:

Clifford definitely understood the game of hide and seek, but considered it

very much a rules violation if he was found merely because his tail stuck up.
He made it clear that he believed his tail to be invisible
when playing such games.

Clifford sounds like he was alot of fun.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old July 22nd 04, 03:40 AM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", Howard Berkowitz
artfully composed this message within
on 21 Jul 2004:

The answer came several day's later. Clifford had jumped on my
ex's desk, and ran across the office-style telephone. He
managed to step on "speakerphone" and a speed dial button.

My sister's cat called me one time.

--
Cheryl
Old July 22nd 04, 05:12 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Howard Berkowitz at
wrote on 7/21/04 7:38 PM:

In article ,
eener (SUQKRT) wrote:

In article , Howard
Berkowitz
wrote:

Clifford definitely understood the game of hide and seek, but considered
it

very much a rules violation if he was found merely because his tail stuck
up.
He made it clear that he believed his tail to be invisible
when playing such games.

Clifford sounds like he was alot of fun.

He was the only cat I knew that was proven to have made obscene phone
calls. One day, my ex-wife and I received a Very Serious phone call from
a distant telephone company, saying harassing and obscene calls had been
traced to this number. On asking for the times, we were mystified.

Coincidentally, my mother-in-law mentioned she had been getting heavy
breathing phone calls.

The answer came several day's later. Clifford had jumped on my ex's
desk, and ran across the office-style telephone. He managed to step on
"speakerphone" and a speed dial button.

A very intelligent cat, he recognized voices over the phone, definitely
of people he knew, but occasionally a stranger saying a word such as
"cat". When my M-I-L answered, Clifford, logically enough, went to
greet her, by sniffing into the microphone. Of course, what this sounded
like...

When the mystery was explained to all concerned in a hysterically funny
conference call, my M-I-L's last words were "well, he COULD have at
least said meow."

ROFL!!!!

Old July 22nd 04, 05:12 AM
Karen Chuplis