Correction: Abelard Found STANDING in pool.....

Old July 19th 04, 08:41 AM
Howard Berkowitz

I must share the story of the most water-loving cat I have known,
Dorian. Unfortunately, his humans divorced and the cats went to new
homes, so I've lost track of him.

His meowmie, when he was a young cat (grey and white shorthair, looking
like he had some Siamese), felt as if she was falling into the shower
scene of Psycho, until she realized Dorian, unbothered by splashes, was
calmly observing from a corner of the shower stall.

Drinking from the tap was understandable, but attempting to kill the
water stream another thing entirely.

Dorian's high (or low) point was when he played submarine. His humans
had a jacuzzi, and Dorian would leap into it with the air jets blowing
at full pressure. He would spin in the whirlpool in the center, holding
his tail high. We never determined if the tail was supposed to be a
periscope or a snorkel, but, since his male human was a sonar engineer,
it must have been sonar-related.

He'd either jump out on his own, or wait for the humans to start getting
out, and would request politely to be towelled dry.

Old July 19th 04, 08:47 AM

Howard Berkowitz wrote:

Dorian's high (or low) point was when he played submarine. His humans
had a jacuzzi, and Dorian would leap into it with the air jets blowing
at full pressure. He would spin in the whirlpool in the center, holding
his tail high. We never determined if the tail was supposed to be a
periscope or a snorkel, but, since his male human was a sonar engineer,
it must have been sonar-related.
He'd either jump out on his own, or wait for the humans to start getting
out, and would request politely to be towelled dry.

My god! I thought Roxy was weird because she likes to be spun around on
my office chair.

Joyce

Old July 19th 04, 03:38 PM
Susan M

My heart lept into my mouth when I read the original title ....

Susan M
relieved.

"Pat" wrote in message
EOM