Jellicle Ball 2015: Cat Anjil

Old October 31st 15, 04:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Default Jellicle Ball 2015: Cat Anjil

[The sun has set on the island. The full moon is almost at the zenith. Kitties are dancing in the ballroom, listening to tributes in the main chamber, or eating, dancing, or socializing outside. Rebecca asks for their attention.]

Gud eevnin agin, kitteez. I hopez yoo haz awl had sumfing to eet an injoyed dis locashun, as well as heard the tribyootz. Dere iz still a liddle time to add namez to da list fur da final callin an tribyootz kan still be given.. Dis haz bin a bittersweet time, wif three kitteez makin dereown jerneez to Brij durin da Jellicle Ball itzself.

If yoo wud awl gather owtside, it iz time fur da tradishunal singin uv Cat Anjil.

[The kitties all make their way outside. The hula dancing kitties are on the outside dance floor wearing their traditional outfits, ready for their special performance. The musicians start playing, the dancers start their graceful performance, and all present sing...]

Dat faytul day, da call was herd
Dat tu da Bridj yewd go
I drew yew bak ana we wer sayf
Bud den I let yew go -oh-oh.

Cat Anjil, kin yew heer mee?
Cat Anjil, kin yew see mee?
Ar yew sumware up abuv,
Anna am I stil yewr own tru luff?

I noe yew tried tu stay fur me
Ana gif me wun moor purr
A smurgle warm ana heddbutt tuu
Ana grummin uv da fur

Cat Anjil, kin yew heer mee?
Cat Anjil, kin yew see mee?
Ar yew sumware up abuv,
Ana am I stil yewr own tru luff?

Yew wer sick ana tired tuu,
I cudnt mayk yew stay
I'll nefer smuv yewr fur agin
Yewr atta da Bridj tuday

Cat Anjil, kin yew heer mee?
Cat Anjil, kin yew see mee?
Ar yew sumware up abuv,
Ana am I stil yewr own tru luff?

Cat Anjil, ansur mee pleeze....

[The hula dancing kitties pause at this point, looking up to the sky with uplifted paws. All kitties look up into the clear, cloudless sky. The full moon seems to cast it's light across a haze, then the haze seems to solidify a bit -- it is the Rainbow Bridge! Faint voices come from the sky...]

Deerhartz, we kin heer yew
Deerhartz, we kin see yewww
We ar weighting up abuv
Ana we ar still yewr own tru luvz.

[Kitties see old friends looking down at them from the Bridge. They call their names and wave, feeling both happy and sad.]
Old October 31st 15, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Toonya, luk: itz owrown sisfurz up dere togedder, Cassidy an Dinah! Hihi, Cassidy -- I'ze glad yoo finded a fren dere. Dinah, fangu fur takin Cassidy unner yurown wing, er paw, er, yoo knowz whut I meenz.

Sundance
Old October 31st 15, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

[Rebecca looks for a familiar tortie face, and finds it.]

Amelia, Amelia! I missez yoo so much. I will take gud kare uv Fluffykitz. Ranger an Sammy sed dey will hewp, so I fingk we kan manij. I wishez yoo wuz still heer, tho.

Rebecca, with leaky eyes
Old October 31st 15, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

Cash looks up and sees Aunti Mabel standing by a large German Shepard
who was never announced. He waves his tail at Ramsey. He knows his
daddy 2foot learned doggies when he was a small 2foot. He can
recognize him because there is a painting of him in their house. Aunti
Mabel whispers down to add him to the list.

Old October 31st 15, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

[...]

Iowna stands next to Daisy-chan with a grin as she describes a pretty
big clowder of cats and dogs standing together. She chokes a little as
Vamp Kittah gives her a toothy grin and mimes being petted ('let her
pet you. It feels good').

With a deep understanding, she describes the gap in the line that is
just the right size for Unca Sammy to have fit. His heart was happy
for a final home when his 2foots passed, but when time came, he joined
them after his meowmie also left. He went with them but in respect for
those last few months at Chez Shenks, a gap is there.

Iowna stands and wags her tail at where she thinks Aunti Mabel is.
Aunti Mabel calls down 'Hi! I can wait to meet you when the time is
right but you have done well little girl! I am proud of you and mai
only warning is you will get your sight back here anna that can be a
bit confusing. Maiself gotted mai hearing back anna it had been so
long, it tooked a bit to get used to it.'

Old October 31st 15, 05:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

[...]

Along within the house of Chez Shenks, is a sheltering kitten. He is
of the house of Bast. He's between Face and Roscoe. He never had a
name and when he awoke here, he was just glad he didnt hurt anymore.
They met him up there since they watch for such. Since he has no one
to wait for, he will shift over soon but in the meantime, he's been
watching the Jellicle ball and is happy that he was read too.

Old October 31st 15, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
squiffer wanderer

Default Tiny Mom and Lil Red Boy

Bratski's notes: HI! I iz Bratski. My mom Tiny Mom and brudder, Lil Red Boy, wuz eaten by dogs. I saw my brudder die. My new meowmie ran to his bodee and screemed. Then she cried so much. Dunno where he went, but he warn't there no more. That wuz jest meat layin in thuh sun.

Nex thing I know is meowmie is grabbin me up an takin me into this howse, I been eaten outside of this howse, mostly since I wuz borned.

I nefur did see my cat mommy agin - dogs, I iz thinkin. I miss dem so much, but, hey, it's purty nice in dis house. I don zactly trust meowmie all the time, but I kinda like her. She sez I am a brat, but then she laffs a lot and pets me...if I let her.
Ok. I got no more ta say.

Meowmie's notes: Bratski was the sole survivor. Tiny Mom, a tortie, was soo tiny I thought she was a 5 month old kitten at first. I knew her for 2 years. Finally, one day she appeared on my back porch with 2 nursing kittens, less than 2 weeks old. An adorable plump red kitty, and a much smaller gray and white kitty- terribly shy, even as a nursing kitten.

For 4 months I fed them and watched them grow into fun loving kittens full of mischief. It was getting on to the colder season here, and I decided to take them inside. Lil Red Boy had already marched inside a few times. His mom, the tiny tortie (Tiny Mom), not so much, nor the gray and white kitty (Bratski).

The next morning I didn't see Lil Red Boy for breakfast. Then I did see him.. dead and gutted, inside my 2 dogs' fenced in area, his intestines pulled out - blue bottle flies buzzing around and in them. Don't remember much after that but screaming. He was my favorite. Loving plump little boy.

Got his brother inside right away, and almost had his mom, but again...the dogs...my dogs.

What I want to say about Tiny Kitty is that though so small, she bravely defended her kittens, got them to me to be fed, and was beginning to warm up to me. I will hurt for the rest of my life.
Old October 31st 15, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Samuel Redcat Mahoney

[The hula dancing kitties pause at this point, looking up to the sky with uplifted paws. All kitties look up into the clear, cloudless sky. The full moon seems to cast it's light across a haze, then the haze seems to solidify a bit -- it is the Rainbow Bridge! Faint voices come from the sky...]

Deerhartz, we kin heer yew
Deerhartz, we kin see yewww
We ar weighting up abuv
Ana we ar still yewr own tru luvz.

[Kitties see old friends looking down at them from the Bridge. They call their names and wave, feeling both happy and sad.]

Ranger, Harri, look - it's Amelia! Just like Rebecca said. She's sitting
next to Booker, and Cleopatra, and DD, and Samantha Cat. And there, on
her other side - is that Mme. Anais?

I love you guys, and I miss you!

[The kitties at the Bridge all wave back. Amelia doesn't look as happy
as the others, as she's still new to the whole idea. A few other dogs
and cats look like they're still trying to adjust too - there have been
a LOT of new arrivals at the Rainbow Bridge this last week - far, far
too many. Too many broken hearts in those left behind.

But is reassuring and comforting to those below to see their departed
friends, and know that they are in a better place, where they are
healthy and happy.]

Old November 1st 15, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Oh, it iz Mme. Anais, wif Tiger -- hihi, Tiger buddy! Unka Serge an Dupree iz wif her, too! I wunner if da two sisfurz iz lukkin up an seein dem.

Sundance
Old November 1st 15, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

[A huge white & grey tabby cat and a lithe three-legged white cat with one blue eye and one gold eye pause in their revelries.]

Ralph, du yew heer dat? Dey are singin ar song!

Laura, yewrownself iz rite. I remember da first year we sang dat atta Jellicle Ball. Yew pleighed yewrownselfz flute and den sang...it wiz beeyooteful.. Wen yew went tu da bridj, I did mine best tu sing it and I heard yew reply from da Bridj. I wuz gonna sing it agin dis yeer but, wall, I had tu mayk da jurnee. Ize glad day has maid it a traditshun,

[Together, reaching out for their wedwinks' paws, Laura and Ralph sing]

Deerhartz, we kin heer yew
Deerhartz, we kin see yewww
We ar weighting up abuv
Ana we ar still yewr own tru luvz...

[As the last words of the refrain waft down from the Bridge, Laura lifts her flute and plays sweet silver notes that echo across the vale while a single tear slips down her brofur's cheek, runs down a whisker and drops earthward and lands on a fat old woman's cheek, mingling with hers and she listens and smiles at the memories.]

I love you Ralph. I love you Laura. And give my love to Albert and Chuy and Charlotte and Alice and Blackie and Delilah and Nils and...everyone. (The humin Gabrielle)