May I Join?

Old February 20th 05, 09:17 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default May I Join?

Hello,

I've been lurking for a week or so, and was just getting ready to
introduce myself (and my furbabies) when it seems there was some
difficulty. Okay, it doesn't *seem* there was. Anyway, I'm not the
most patient person on the planet, and I really would like to join in
some of the conversations, so here goes:

I'm Annie, I live in Colorado and I'll be 42 this year. I am owned by
3 permanent cats (Tuppence 16 years, Barnabus Collins 12 years, and
Smokie Darling 4.5 years). I differentiate with permanent because I
believe I am becoming owned by one Gomez/Leonidas (less than 2 years,
I'd guess). He was dumped by someone, and he likes to go outside, and
my 3 permanent babies are indoor cats.

Once I get the funds, Gomez/Leonidas (I want to call him Leonidas
because he has a strong "Greek" nose and looks very noble, my DH wants
to call him Gomez Addams and I'm fighting that) will no longer produce
baby kittens. At that point I will attempt to teach him the joys of
indoor living on a permanent basis.

Tuppence is, obviously, my oldest furbaby. She has Feline
Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV?) which is being treated with Interferon
(sp?), and seems to work. She gets a teeth cleaning every year, and
"pulse" antibiotics once a month. She was dxd with FIV in '96. She
named herself when, after I'd bought her, I was watching Mary Poppins
(I'm a bit old for it, but I like it anyway) and the scene with the old
woman selling bags of bird seed for "tuppence a bag". Everytime the
woman said Tuppence, she looked at the television.

Barnabus Collins (Barnybutt for short) was a "doorstep" kitty. Someone
dropped off a momma kitty and her kittens (eyes still closed, and
looking newborn) at a friend's house. At about 5 weeks, DH and I went
to their home, and Barnabus (or Susie as the owner called him) sat next
to me, and kept trying to bite my behind. He's named after the vampire
Barnabus Collins from the old American soap Dark Shadows.

Smokie Darling (Smokie) was another store purchase (like Tuppence).
I'd gone to the mall, and walked past the pet store. Here was this
scrawny little black snaggy looking kitten, just crying and crying.
They had just sold her brother. When the clerk got her out and handed
her to me, she began purring and trying to get under my hair. Can you
say "SOLD"? DH named her Smokie when I wanted to call her Spot (she
used to only have a little white spot on her tummy). Since,
ostensibly, Smokie was to be his cat, he named her.

I also am owned by another furbaby, of the barking variety. That one
likes to herd the cats, which is rather fun to watch. Especially the
old cranky girl.

So, now that you've "met" my furbabies, perhaps I can intrude on some
of the ongoing threads.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old February 20th 05, 09:29 PM
jmcquown

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
[...]

Welcome to rpca, Annie! Of course you may join us! And what sweet kitty
stories You'll find a really bunch of caring people here.

Jill

Old February 20th 05, 09:32 PM
Sandra

You're very welcome.

--
Sandra

Old February 20th 05, 09:37 PM
Victor Martinez

Howdy!

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
Once I get the funds, Gomez/Leonidas (I want to call him Leonidas
because he has a strong "Greek" nose and looks very noble, my DH wants
to call him Gomez Addams and I'm fighting that) will no longer produce
baby kittens. At that point I will attempt to teach him the joys of

You could inquire with your local Humane Society or other rescue
organizations to see if they provide low-cost spay/neuter services. Some
even have coupons for discounts with some vets.

Welcome to the group!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 20th 05, 09:38 PM
Christina Websell

Welcome to the group, Annie, where we treat members nicely and love to share
stories about our spoiled kitties.

Tweed
(England)

Old February 20th 05, 09:43 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Victor Martinez wrote:
Howdy!

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
Once I get the funds, Gomez/Leonidas (I want to call him Leonidas
because he has a strong "Greek" nose and looks very noble, my DH

wants
to call him Gomez Addams and I'm fighting that) will no longer

produce
baby kittens. At that point I will attempt to teach him the joys

of

You could inquire with your local Humane Society or other rescue
organizations to see if they provide low-cost spay/neuter services.

Some
even have coupons for discounts with some vets.

Welcome to the group!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

Hi..

Once upon a time, okay this won't be as long as the first one was
(sorry about that). My brother left his "outside" cat with me, when he
(the brother not the cat) became a truck driver. I took Madison to the
Humane Society to get him fixed ($25), he was so sick for so long I
ended up taking him to my "regular" pet doc.

The Humane Society apparently didn't take care with their equipment,
and I nearly lost him (the cat not the pet doc). However, since they
are a no kill shelter, I still bring them bags of IAMS and pet toys, to
help offset the costs.

I'll save up for the $100 neuter, it's worth it to me.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old February 20th 05, 09:51 PM
Nan

On 20 Feb 2005 13:17:55 -0800, "Smokie Darling (Annie)"
wrote:

[...]

Welcome to the group, Annie. I'm Nan and I'm a transplanted buckeye
now living in Tennessee. My owners are Tiger and Tigger who showed up
at the same time in my car port about 4 years ago, and Boomer, a
gigantic yellow lab.

Old February 20th 05, 10:11 PM
Karen

What a delightful crew and Tuppence is a testimony to the possibility of a
good life for FIV kitties. We have another kitty here named after Barnabus
too! Small world. Welcome.

Karen, slave to Grant, Sugar and Pearl

Old February 20th 05, 10:12 PM
Cheryl

On Sun 20 Feb 2005 04:17:55p, Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
roups.com):

So, now that you've "met" my furbabies, perhaps I can intrude on
some of the ongoing threads.

Welcome Annie and Tuppence and Barnabus Collins and
Smokie Darling (cute name!) and Gomez/Leonidas (two names?).

Looking forward to stories!

--
Cheryl
Old February 20th 05, 10:24 PM
Annie Wxill

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm Annie, I live in Colorado and I'll be 42 this year. ...
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Welcome to the group. I'm also Annie, live in Texas, and my age changes
each year.
Annie, currently owned by Rosie and Cinder