Cat seizures

Old May 19th 04, 04:53 PM
Hugh Jardon

Default Cat seizures

Hi all, one of my cats has been having seizures. I noticed a month or
so ago that she was accidentally bumping into objects, and thought,
that is normal for cats, because all cats do this periodically. But
she kept getting worse, and had a full-blown seizure (very scary) so I
took her to the vet. The vet ran several tests, FIV, FIP, CBC etc.
with no conclusion. My vet admitted that he wasn't very familiar with
seizures in cats, but after observing a seizure while in his office
said that he thinks that it is epilepsy. I have been giving my cat
diazepam and she hasn't had a seizure since she started this
medication. I have been told that diaezapam is really just a generic
form of valium and can cause severe liver damage in cats. Has anyone
here had any experience with cat seizures or epilepsy in cats? I don't
want my girl to end up with liver damage from the meds but I don't
want her to die from a seizure either. I am caught between a rock and
a hard place, and I'm not sure what to do. I would be greatful for any
advice concerning seizures or otherwise. Thank you.

Hugh Jardon
Old May 20th 04, 12:28 AM
~*Connie*~

your vet admitted that he doesn't know much about cat seizures. I would
highly recommend finding one who does.
om...

Old May 20th 04, 07:22 AM
Mary

"~*Connie*~" wrote in message
your vet admitted that he doesn't know much about cat seizures. I would
highly recommend finding one who does.
"Hugh Jardon" wrote in message

Oh, Connie ... notice anything odd about the OP's name? Say it five times
pretty fast. Hmmm? Think maybe this is another twoll?

---

Old May 20th 04, 04:13 PM
James Marz

"Mary" wrote in message .com...
"~*Connie*~" wrote in message
your vet admitted that he doesn't know much about cat seizures. I would
highly recommend finding one who does.
"Hugh Jardon" wrote in message

Oh, Connie ... notice anything odd about the OP's name? Say it five times
pretty fast. Hmmm? Think maybe this is another twoll?

PET has been smoking that herb again. Paranoia Mary? Everybody is a troll eh PET?
Old May 20th 04, 04:31 PM
Hugh Jardon

"Mary" wrote in message .com...
"~*Connie*~" wrote in message
your vet admitted that he doesn't know much about cat seizures. I would
highly recommend finding one who does.
"Hugh Jardon" wrote in message

Oh, Connie ... notice anything odd about the OP's name? Say it five times
pretty fast. Hmmm? Think maybe this is another twoll?

You remind me of my younger years when the school children would poke
fun and make jokes about my name. Children will be children I guess. I
came here for advice and I get called a twoll?

Hugh Jardon

Old May 20th 04, 04:37 PM
Hugh Jardon

"~*Connie*~" wrote in message ...
your vet admitted that he doesn't know much about cat seizures. I would
highly recommend finding one who does.

Thanks Connie. I have called every vet listed in my phone book they
all say my vet did the right thing. I made an appointment to get a
second opinion on Friday.

Hugh Jardon