Cat found -- Roslindale MA

Old January 10th 04, 03:36 AM
Priscilla Ballou

Default Cat found -- Roslindale MA

Tonight my neighbor and I rescued a cat who was crying piteously under
her back porch. It's a little black cat with a couple of white
markings. We got her into my house, and I isolated her in a big cage in
my guest room (the same cage where my three cats languish whilst
awaiting the arrival of the vet every fall) with food, water, litter,
and a towel bed on one of the cage shelves. The room is closed off, and
my cats are not being allowed in.

She (for some reason I think it's a she) is a very sweet cat, obviously
someone's pet, loves to be held, loves to have her cheeks and throat
stroked, purrs incessantly. Part of that may be because this is
possibly the coldest night of the year (going to go well below zero),
and she'd been crying all day before my neighbor called me and we
"rescued" her. All we had to do was pick the sweet girl up! If my
neighbor hadn't heard her and had her heartstrings tugged and then
called me, the little darling probably wouldn't have made it through the
night.

The funny thing is that this cat very strongly resembles one of the
ferals my neighbor and I both feed, so we were really confused when she
came to us and let my neighbor pick her up. Despite the different
behavior, the question was clinched when I realized she had no tipped
ear. "Our" ferals were all trapped, spay/neutered, and released with
tipped ears.

So, now we need to find her home -- either her old home or a new forever
home. She is eminently adoptable, in fact my neighbor is trying to talk
her husband and her rather surly Maine Coon into a new family member.

I have a few leads on where to ask about notices of lost cats, but I
figured it wouldn't hurt to get the word out on the net, too. We're in
a suburb of Boston, Massachusetts, just over the line from Dedham.

Priscilla
Old January 10th 04, 07:09 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 02:36:12 GMT, Priscilla Ballou
wrote:

[...]

We are purring hard for her to find the proper home. Best of luck.
mLB
Old January 12th 04, 09:41 PM
Priscilla H Ballou

Little Miss Sunshine, who has been sequestered in my guestroom over the
weekend, becoming reacquainted with warmth, food, and the love of a good
human, was this morning revealed to be Inki, the pet of a woman named
Julie, who lives about four miles from me, across some tough bits of city.

It's a miracle Inki made it that far and survived, with no front claws.
(No, Julie is not the one who declawed her!) Between Friday night and
this morning, when she went home again, this time in a carrier in a car,
she really perked up in appearance. Her coat went from rough and greasy
to soft and smooth, and I think she gained about half a pound at least.
Sunday I think she had four meals! ;-)

So it's a happy ending. Julie and I had a long talk about collars and
tags. She's always tried to be diligent about preventing Inki from
getting out (Inki's a runner), but I think this scared her enough that
she'll be positively paranoid about it from now on. Inki was very lucky
to have made it through to this happy ending.

Now I have to make it up to my three, who have been a bit teed off at me
for the affair I've been having with the sweet young thing in the
guestroom. ;-)

Priscilla
Old January 16th 04, 12:51 PM
Fr0m My Petz and I

How did you find Inky's owner?

Old January 16th 04, 08:16 PM
Priscilla H Ballou

Fr0m My Petz and I quoth:
How did you find Inky's owner?

She had posted on craigslist.org.

Priscilla
Old January 17th 04, 07:03 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:41:35 +0000 (UTC), Priscilla H Ballou
wrote:

[...]

I love happy endings and you made this one possible. Congrats!
Old January 17th 04, 04:32 PM
Priscilla Ballou

wrote:

[...]

Thanks! It was a very heart-warming experience. :-)

Priscilla