Weeble has a lump :(

Old June 20th 11, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

Default Got minor lab results on Weeble's lump

On Jun 19, 8:47*pm, wrote:
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

* copied & pasted from the email I received (from the owner of the vet
* clinic):
* -----
* It is not a fibrosarcoma-the vaccination kind

* Low grade Liposarcoma
* A cancer of a fat cell
* *there are 3 kinds of lipomas(fatty tumors)
* * *1 benign
* * *2 *infiltrative(see lots of these in dogs)
* * *3 Lipomsarcoma

* Prognosis: favorable for survival potential for recurrence.
* We got good margins
* Watch site for recurrence although regrowth isn't as likely with good
* margins
* Metastatic potential in the cat is low.

Indeed, nothing to sneeze at, but not as dreadful as anticipated. I am
no expert, but it sounds like with your good care the Weebmaster will
come through fighting. That metastatic potential low thing sounds good
for both of you. We'll keep up the good purrs for you both!

Blessed be,
Baha
Old June 20th 11, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

Sorry, that should have been carcinoma, not sarcoma.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

"CatNipped" wrote in message
It's a good prognosis, but still worrisome, I know. To be optimistic, I
once had a basal cell sarcoma about 30 years ago that was removed from my
left tear duct. While (awake!!!) on the operating table, they did a quick
biopsy and found it was cancerous so they removed more than they'd planned
until they got those "clean edges". The prognosis was almost exactly what
they gave Weebles, but though I watch for it every time I put on eye
liner, I've never had a recurrence. I'm sure the same will be the case
with Weebles. Healing purrs being sent just the same.

--

-----
It is not a fibrosarcoma-the vaccination kind

Low grade Liposarcoma
A cancer of a fat cell
there are 3 kinds of lipomas(fatty tumors)
1 benign
2 infiltrative(see lots of these in dogs)
3 Lipomsarcoma

Prognosis: favorable for survival potential for recurrence.
We got good margins
Watch site for recurrence although regrowth isn't as likely with good
margins
Metastatic potential in the cat is low.

Some think there might be a correlation between the feline leukemia
virus and these tumors. There was one
reported incident where they thought the feline leukemia vaccine may
have caused it.
-----

I'm not sure what to think. She said that she will call a veterinary
oncologist tomorrow to get more info.

On 6/15/2011 10:18 AM, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
Weeble was being ultra friendly last night while we were watching TV (my
lap most evenings is hogged by either Tennessee or Barney & Bam-Bam),
and as I was giving him his proper luvins, pettins & skritchins, I
noticed he has a lump on one of his rear legs (no, this is NOT a repeat
of the case where I found some extra lumps when he was a bitty and
getting belly rubbins and it turned out I was rubbin really far back on
his belly and they were his boy-bits).

Just once, when he was a kitten, he got a vaccination that was NOT
adjunct-free. He developed a lump at the injection site (yes, this was
reported to & checked by the vet), but it went away....

Now he has a lump on his left back leg (our vet has always given
vaccinations on rear legs, not at the scruff), and I do not remember if
it is the same leg or not (will probably be in his records at the vet's)

He goes in tomorrow morning (they have no vet on duty on Wednesdays)
bright & early. The bad thing is they recommended fasting, and Weeble
is sort of a chow-hound, so that will not be easy...

Needless to say, I was not able to sleep very well last night due to
worry over My Sweet Weebs....

Can I have some purrs, drools, & prayers for him???? Please???

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY

Old June 20th 11, 05:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
catlady

Default Pictures!!! Weeble has a lump :(

On Jun 19, 7:46*am, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
On 6/18/2011 12:22 PM, catlady wrote:

Any vet that performs a surgery on an animal and refuses to send home
pain meds is guilty of animal cruelty. The explanation given is pure
BS and to do this is far below the basic standard of care. At my
clinic we would NEVER allow this to happen. And, looking at the
incision and amount of staples leads me to believe there is a dearth
of surgical skills to boot, Disgusting and poor Weeble has to suffer.
I would never allow a vet like this to touch any of my cats.

Psychological evaluation he

You are a nasty-ass Bitch who has the social skills of a smashed turnip.
This is why you hang with animals, as they can't judge you. You probably
have no human friends. Were you a vet yourself, you would not have any
clients for the simple reason that (and I reiterate here) you are a
nasty-ass Bitch with the social skills of a smashed turnip.

So, you are resorting to insults, personal atacks and namecalling
because I care that your cat was wrongly denied pain relief? You
should rethink your priorities and stop projecting.

You are a vegan, and a card-carrying member of PETA (all of whom are
nasty-ass people who have the social skills of smashed turnips, which is
why society refers to them as "those PETAfreaks"). You think that
screaming and yelling and insulting is the best way to get your opinions
heard (news flash he it's not, it just makes people think you are a
nasty-ass person with the social skills of a smashed turnip who should
be banned from society).

Wrong on all counts.

Did you ever stop to thing that by trying to get pain meds into a cat
would cause him/her more stress? *And that the process would more than
likely cause further injury to his/her incision?

The drug of choice for pain relief is Buprenex. It is administered by
a sub q or IM injection using a tiny insulin needle, which is not
stressful and takes a few seconds. It can also be administered orally
into the cheek pouch, which also takes a few seconds. None of these
methods, which all take just a few seconds, is going to cause injury
and are all preferable to forcing a cat to suffer pain, which can last
for many days. Poor, poor Weeble. He deserves better.
Old June 20th 11, 12:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On 2011-06-20, CatNipped wrote:

Sorry, that should have been carcinoma, not sarcoma.

Basal cell carcinoma basically doesn't spread. It could get big if left
alone and if you ever had one, you have about one chance in three of getting
another one.

Weeble's incision might not hurt all that much.

Bud

Old June 20th 11, 12:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

Magic Mood Jeep wrote in news:itm32t$nit$1@dont-
email.me:

[...]

I had "good margins" too for my lump, which is a good thing. It more or
less means that the cancer is in the middle of the lump and hasn't
spread, i.e. good margins. They keep a good eye on me too, as you will
for your kitty, just in case. You can sleep well now, because it was
found early and didn't spread.

Bobble

Lump in tail Clara Semps Cat health & behaviour 11 February 16th 09 09:17 PM
Lump on gum? SoundCat Cat health & behaviour 3 February 5th 06 12:41 PM
Cat has lump [email protected] Cats - misc 0 May 9th 05 04:48 PM
hairy lump! BC Cats - misc 5 January 26th 05 09:16 PM
Found a lump Linda E Cat health & behaviour 21 September 10th 03 11:18 PM